• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

William Buck Memorial Postal Matches

Mr. Larry
Here's a couple entries for me.

Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and yours!!

JBell 6x5 50yds
Vudoo V22S, RWS R50
6 group Av. = .259"
Smallest group = .141"

I shot the first bull before I realized I didn't have enough of the Tenex to finish, so I swapped ammo for this one.
20231221_201416.jpg

20231221_201530.jpg

Mr. Larry

JBell 6x5 50yds
Vudoo V22S, RWS R50
6 group Av. = .259"
Smallest group = .141"

I shot the first bull before I realized I didn't have enough of the Tenex to finish, so I swapped ammo for this one.
View attachment 8302874

View attachment 8302875
Bowchamp, good shooting on your targets! I have your scores posted.

Hey Mr. Larry,

Thanks for posting my scores.

You put my JBell 6X5 under November..........You hittin the eggnog early??? Just kidding! :ROFLMAO:
Hahaha, good catch! I have your results moved to December. A little too much Ho, Ho, Ho around here! Merry Christmas to all!

Reactions: BowChamp
I don't think my 6x5 results showed up at all. They were at the top of my long post on lot screening.

Randy
As I said, too much Ho-Hoing going on around here! I was so focused on your targets that I missed the results on your post. My mistake! I now have your scores posted! Merry Christmas!

• Haha
After a couple of operations and some down time to recuperate, I'm back shooting at the range. On the one hand, this was easier cause it's indoors. On the other, this range has terrible, shaky rifle tables which make free recoil impossible or even reliable return to battery. Enough excuses!

V22s Buck Unlimited 200 13X.jpg

After a couple of operations and some down time to recuperate, I'm back shooting at the range. On the one hand, this was easier cause it's indoors. On the other, this range has terrible, shaky rifle tables which make free recoil impossible or even reliable return to battery. Enough excuses!

View attachment 8307490
Good shooting and welcome back. I also missed much of 2023 with my wife's illness, two surgeries on a broken foot, and a lingering bout with Covid. Hopefully, we'll do better in 2024. Randy

View attachment 8307490
Cournot, welcome back! Please be sure to check the first post on this thread. Targets are changing for 2024 on some of the matches!

Good shooting! I have your score posted.

Larry

View attachment 8307490
Fine shooting and glad to have you back Sir!!

Cournot, welcome back! Please be sure to check the first post on this thread. Targets are changing for 2024 on some of the matches!

Good shooting! I have your score posted.

Larry
I looked at the new targets and they do seem like they up the challenge a bit. However, I could only download the 2024 Factory and Unlimited targets. I didn't see a 2024 Match target file to download. Or was I mistaken/blind? Also, do I understand right that a regular Vudoo V22 is a match gun, but a V22S is an unlimited?

Thanks.

I looked at the new targets and they do seem like they up the challenge a bit. However, I could only download the 2024 Factory and Unlimited targets. I didn't see a 2024 Match target file to download. Or was I mistaken/blind? Also, do I understand right that a regular Vudoo V22 is a match gun, but a V22S is an unlimited?

Thanks.
The match Grade target is the second one in the attached files on the first post on this thread. The V22 is a match grade rifle and the V22s is an unlimited rifle. The Unlimited target was changed to drop the outside ring, and to make the inner ring a bit smaller (0.4" vs 0.5"), since we have been getting so many 200 scores on that target. The factory rifle target was changed also to add some variety to the target. It only uses the smaller bulls from the original factory target we have used since we started. The new match (10-shot) has a target I just revised today. I made the bulls a bit too small to shoot reliably outdoors (it's even hard to shoot indoors too), so I adjusted the ring size and replaced the target with Rev 2 today.

Let me know if you have any other questions?

Best regards,

Larry

Reactions: cournot
I had fairly calm wind today although the temperature was lower than I liked so I continued the SK+ screening on my CZ457.

HmeSTjd.jpg

I'm not sure what I learned as the results were unexpected. The 2015 produced lot (152 50/1 287/3) I've been shooting for many years did very well in calm conditions compared. The results on the target were matched while I was warming up. I'll probably shoot the 4 or 5 5 boxes of this lot for the first part of 2024. The only good group I shot was with lot 11454/11704 which came in second best in the windy trial. It's probably my next lot# to shoot. Other than those groups I got fliers which became worse the longer I shot. I hardly know what to think about that. I'll probably wait for warmer weather and try again.

One of my projects while it was too cold and windy to shoot was to install my 16.5" Fedderson barreled 10/22 in a benchrest stock which I bought on ebay. The stock inletting was problematical and ended up requiring shimming, sanding and living with a fit that isn't the best.
GjOkKKs.jpg

I shot 19 or 20 five round groups with varying results with less expensive ammo. Best two groups were with Eley Outlaw Benchrest Averaging .39".

This is the last shooting day for me in 2023 and I'm hoping for more better shooting in 2024.

Randy

I had fairly calm wind today although the temperature was lower than I liked so I continued the SK+ screening on my CZ457.

HmeSTjd.jpg

I'm not sure what I learned as the results were unexpected. The 2015 produced lot (152 50/1 287/3) I've been shooting for many years did very well in calm conditions compared. The results on the target were matched while I was warming up. I'll probably shoot the 4 or 5 5 boxes of this lot for the first part of 2024. The only good group I shot was with lot 11454/11704 which came in second best in the windy trial. It's probably my next lot# to shoot. Other than those groups I got fliers which became worse the longer I shot. I hardly know what to think about that. I'll probably wait for warmer weather and try again.

One of my projects while it was too cold and windy to shoot was to install my 16.5" Fedderson barreled 10/22 in a benchrest stock which I bought on ebay. The stock inletting was problematical and ended up requiring shimming, sanding and living with a fit that isn't the best.
GjOkKKs.jpg

I shot 19 or 20 five round groups with varying results with less expensive ammo. Best two groups were with Eley Outlaw Benchrest Averaging .39".

This is the last shooting day for me in 2023 and I'm hoping for more better shooting in 2024.

Randy
Randy, you're doing good. Keep at it with that ammo and see if you can get another calm day. The wind can be nasty, so hang in there. Let's hope for some better weather in 2024!

I checked your previous score and you did better on the overall group average before, and a little better on the individual best group this time.

Larry

Happy New Year to my far flung shooting buddies. It’s 123123 and the final day of 2023 to get some aroma therapy in.
I wasn’t going to miss shooting even though the score turned out to be for grins.
I was shooting a mix of Rifle Match lots to clean out leftovers and the score shows.
I hope all of you have a blessed and great 2024.
Stay safe out there,
John Metcalf
IMG_9657.jpeg

Happy New Year to my far flung shooting buddies. It’s 123123 and the final day of 2023 to get some aroma therapy in.
I wasn’t going to miss shooting even though the score turned out to be for grins.
I was shooting a mix of Rifle Match lots to clean out leftovers and the score shows.
Stay safe out there,
John Metcalf View attachment 8310499
John, thanks very much for the kind words to all our shooters. I hope we all have a Happy New Year, each and every day!

I have your score posted.

Best regards,

Larry

I was at an indoor range today, had a chance to shoot the 2024 Unlimited target, with the smaller center ring (0.4"). I did a little better than my first target posted on 12/13/23...

View attachment 8309919
Larry
That's it!!! That's all you got!!!

I see your mighty fine target and raise you one outdoors, crazy wind, no mirage shooting, tore my arse up target!! Just be glad I didn't break out the plug on you....LOl!!! :p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That's some fine shooting Mr. Larry!!!! :cool:

Happy New Year to everyone!!!!

20231231_190343.jpg

Stay safe out there,
John Metcalf View attachment 8310499
Good finish to the year!!

HmeSTjd.jpg

GjOkKKs.jpg

Randy
Good shooting and nice looking rifle!!

That's it!!! That's all you got!!!

I see your mighty fine target and raise you one outdoors, crazy wind, no mirage shooting, tore my arse up target!! Just be glad I didn't break out the plug on you....LOl!!! :p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That's some fine shooting Mr. Larry!!!! :cool:

Happy New Year to everyone!!!!

View attachment 8310828
Hahaha! Thanks Bowchamp! Need to score your target if you want me to post results...

Good shooting and nice looking rifle!!
I'd like to get the Fedderson barrelled 10/22 to an accuracy level that's not embarrassing to shoot in Master class without shooting $15/box ammo. With all the shimming I had to do, I wanted to get a 100 rounds or so down the tube to settle the action in the inletting. Limitations are the short barrel and consequent lack of a tuner plus a factory trigger tuned to about 3#.

Randy

Thanks Randy. Shooting indoors is a great way to increase your scores, if you have that opportunity. I also have a good lot of ammo, very consistent.
Nearest indoor range with a 50 yard target that I'm aware of is at Targetmaster in the Plano/Garland area which would be an hour plus drive depending upon Dallas traffic. I used to shoot pistol's there in the winter when I lived in Dallas but the plastic benches were not very sturdy. Best I can do since I have the advantage of a private range on the place where I live is wait for a day with calmer winds. Unfortunately, due to out buildings and large trees there is so such thing as a consistent condition, and I mostly try to shot in between gusts of winds or when the wind is waning. I really don't like to shoot when the temperature is below 50F but during the winter months I have to compromise.

The last two sessions have reminded me of what Jerry Stiller once told me. Testing ammo or tuning in the wind is a waste of time and is best done indoors.

Randy

Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
I'd like to get the Fedderson barrelled 10/22 to an accuracy level that's not embarrassing to shoot in Master class without shooting $15/box ammo. With all the shimming I had to do, I wanted to get a 100 rounds or so down the tube to settle the action in the inletting. Limitations are the short barrel and consequent lack of a tuner plus a factory trigger tuned to about 3#.

Randy
I can understand that Mr. Randy, less expensive ammo is always good if it works.

Let's just call it a tie and leave it at that!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You ever shoot one of these targets and never hold inside the square of the bull you are shooting?? o_O:cry: I did have fun....:D:D
Oh yeah. Been there, done that! On a good day, you're so far in the white space, there is no reference on the target to go by. It's called seat of your pants! And when it goes in, it feels soooo good! Hahaha!

Hi Larry

Here are my first two targets of the year. Got out early this morning. Please check the 10 bull target and see if I scored it correctly.

Thanks and Happy New Year to all.
Scan_20240101.jpg
View attachment 8311256
Jerry
Scan_20240101_2.jpg

Hi Larry

Here are my first two targets of the year. Got out early this morning. Please check the 10 bull target and see if I scored it correctly.

Thanks and Happy New Year to all.View attachment 8311254View attachment 8311256
JerryView attachment 8311257
Jerry, I have your Vudoo score posted. Nice shooting!

On the 10-shot, please check the first post, as I have revised the 10-shot target to make it a bit easier to shoot. The ring is now 0.38 inches, compared to this target which has 0.3 inch rings. As for scoring, check the target and if you are touching the ring at all from inside, then it scores a 5.

On your target, the best example of a 10 is the lower right bull. That's clearly not touching any part of the ring. The top three are hard to tell from the picture you posted, but the second and third shots look like they touch the bottom of the ring. As I said, it's hard to be accurate when I am looking at the picture. Please double-check them, and let me know you score and I'll post the results.

Thanks Jerry!

Larry
I will double check with a magnifying glass. As for the targets, I have a few months supply I will use them first. Makes it a little harder but that is ok. Here is the corrected score. Thanks for the help.
Scan_20240101 (2).png

Last edited:
Hi Larry
Here is another target for the month.
Thanks
Jerry
Scan_20240104.jpg

Larry
Here is my factory target. I thought I had submitted it, but guess not.
Thanks
Jerry
Scan_20240102.png

Reactions: Appalachian
Mr. Larry

JBell 6x5 50yds
Vudoo V22S, RWS R50
6 group Av. = .259"
Smallest group = .141"

View attachment 8302874

View attachment 8302875
Well done. Group 3 was approaching the magic 0.0X number

Second try at posting these results from 1/3. Poor shooting on the iron sight targets but I managed the same score on the new Factory Rifle target as last month with my Martini albeit with lower X count.

Iron Sight Match - 50 Yds
1) 191/2X - Martini- Anschutz 1411/Aguila Golden Eagle Match Pistol on 1/03/24
2) 165/0x - Martini- BSA Martini Model 8/SK Standard + on 1/03/24

Factory Target Match
195/4X - Martini - BSA M13 Martini/Fiochi SM340 on 1/3/24

mTAu2vu.jpg

In18nFg.jpg

OPWzWQ5.jpg

Reactions: Islander
Second try at posting these results from 1/3. Poor shooting on the iron sight targets but I managed the same score on the new Factory Rifle target as last month with my Martini albeit with lower X count.

Iron Sight Match - 50 Yds
1) 191/2X - Martini- Anschutz 1411/Aguila Golden Eagle Match Pistol on 1/03/24
2) 165/0x - Martini- BSA Martini Model 8/SK Standard + on 1/03/24

Factory Target Match
195/4X - Martini - BSA M13 Martini/Fiochi SM340 on 1/3/24

mTAu2vu.jpg

In18nFg.jpg

OPWzWQ5.jpg
Randy, good shooting! I have your scores posted!

Larry

Flyers, flyers, flyers. I need a new front rest and perhaps a concrete or lead rear rest.

Match-Grade Match
180/06X - Martini - BSA International Mark III/SK Flat Nose Match on 01/05/24
190/06X - Martini - BSA International Mark II/Eley Club EXTRA on 01/06/25

2NCSvxo.jpg

aXA97p8.jpg

I have a question regarding Factory Class. Would the Ruger 10/22 Target, either the current models or the previous 10/22 T model, be allowed in factory. They fall within the price limitation but are a factory target version of the 10/22. I have an extra stock and am trying to trade locally for one of the older T models and would replace the factory stock with one more to my liking. Not that I need another 10/22.

Randy

I have a question regarding Factory Class. Would the Ruger 10/22 Target, either the current models or the previous 10/22 T model, be allowed in factory. They fall within the price limitation but are a factory target version of the 10/22. I have an extra stock and am trying to trade locally for one of the older T models and would replace the factory stock with one more to my liking. Not that I need another 10/22.

Randy
Randy, I think it would be a factory class rifle. I have your scores above posted.

Thanks,

Larry

Today's factory rifles results - such as they are.

Factory Target Match
185/9x - Martini - CZ457 MTR/SK Standard Plus on 1/06/24
175/6x - Martini - Tikka T1X/Fiocchi MAXAC on 1/06/24

Vaz20a0.jpg

JBhEnQp.jpg

Today's factory rifles results - such as they are.

Factory Target Match
185/9x - Martini - CZ457 MTR/SK Standard Plus on 1/06/24
175/6x - Martini - Tikka T1X/Fiocchi MAXAC on 1/06/24

Vaz20a0.jpg

JBhEnQp.jpg
Randy, I have your scores posted.

I had a chance to go indoors today to work on my tuner, after changing my stock and remounting the scope on a forward only mount, with straight rings in place of my offset rings. Got the scope re-zero'd, and shot a few targets. I have a little more fine-tuning on the tuner setting to go.

Unlimited
200/20x - Rimfireshooter99 - Turbo V1/Midas Plus on 1/11/24
10-Shot
95 - Rimfireshooter99 - Turbo V1/Midas Plus on 1/11/24

Attachments

• IMG_2814.JPG
    IMG_2814.JPG
    368.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2816.JPG
    IMG_2816.JPG
    447 KB · Views: 21
I had a chance to go indoors today to work on my tuner, after changing my stock and remounting the scope on a forward only mount, with straight rings in place of my offset rings. Got the scope re-zero'd, and shot a few targets. I have a little more fine-tuning on the tuner setting to go.

Unlimited
200/20x - Rimfireshooter99 - Turbo V1/Midas Plus on 1/11/24
10-Shot
95 - Rimfireshooter99 - Turbo V1/Midas Plus on 1/11/24
I see right now...we're gonna have to put some restrictions on you!!! LOL!!!

Fine shooting Sir!!! (y)