• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wilson Barrels

pipewhiner

Private
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2011
NY
If anyone is looking for a Wilson AR barrel, PSA has a few flavors in stock right now. 20" super sniper, SPR, and a few Recon tactictals. Also 6.8 and 300 blackout. I snagged a 20".

If anyone is looking for a Wilson AR barrel, PSA has a few flavors in stock right now. 20" super sniper, SPR, and a few Recon tactictals. Also 6.8 and 300 blackout. I snagged a 20".

Wilson Arms or Wilson Combat(ER Shaw)? I thought PSA got all of their barrels from FN.

I checked the site after seeing this post. They are Wilson Combat barrels. I am curious about these barrels since the WC site has some pretty nice accuracy claims. However, they're in the same price range as WOA so I'm not sure I would take a $250 chance.

I thought Wilson used ER Shaw barrels

If you mean Wilson Combat, I don't know for certain. I am thinking that they chamber the blanks wherever they get them from. Regardless, PSA has their own barrels, which probably are from FN and also Wilson Combat on the barrels page on their site. IIRC, Wilson Arms is the supplier for RRA. My RRA SR upper shoots pretty well for an entry priced model.

No clue about Wilson combat but the Wilson barrels like come on some of the rock rivers are some of the most accurate AR barrels I've ever used. Most of the time a custom won't out shoot them.

These are Wilson Combat barrels... I should have been more clear in my initial post

If you mean Wilson Combat, I don't know for certain. I am thinking that they chamber the blanks wherever they get them from. Regardless, PSA has their own barrels, which probably are from FN and also Wilson Combat on the barrels page on their site. IIRC, Wilson Arms is the supplier for RRA. My RRA SR upper shoots pretty well for an entry priced model.

Bill Wilson himself posted on another forum a few years ago that ER Shaw made their barrels.

I thought ER Shaw made their regular barrels and Wilson Arms their bull barrels?

Its my understanding that Wilson Combat uses a few different barrel blank vendors, Shaw, Wilson Arms, and Criterion being the most common. I believe Shaw does more of the 'other bore diameters' like 6.8 and .30 cal, but not all. They do much of the work on the blank in house. I do know that their barrels are very nicely finished, and the ones that I have built uppers with have shot very well, with little copper fouling. YMMV.

I bought a Model 1 sales barrel some years ago for a AR rifle I was building. When I called Model 1 to ask who made the barrel they said it was a Wilson made by E.R. Shaw. I belive now days they advertise them as E.R. Shaw barrels on their website. I have to say the barrel I received is a shooter. It's a 1:8 twist and it shoots lights out with 62gr SS109 and 68gr and 69gr bullets. I'd certainly consider buying another. Not sure this is much help, but I thought I would throw it in the mix in case anyone was wondering about quality issues with E.R. Shaw.

i have a varmint rig I built my self with a 24" 1-8 twist Wilson arms bull barrel and its a hammer 3/4" all day long and 1/2" is not out of the question on a good day

I have have two WCs, 556 amd 68
Both are great shooters
Just built a rifle for a buddy and we used the 16"LW middy
It too is a good shooter

There barrels are finished well and hand lapped.
Bill has extreme attention to detail and wouldnt put his name on marginal product.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk