• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wilson TTU input

Tact999

Private
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2008
Texas
I did some searches here and countless searches online for reviews to keep from posing a question that at times is like beating a dead horse. So I apologize, but all of my research just got me more confused and am more apt to trust this community for knowledge.

So here we go...I am actually quite curious for input from those that perhaps have tried other triggers for an AR. I am very interested in both of Wilson's TTU..... experience and recommendations would be great. Basically, I want a tough, non-adjustable trigger upgrade for my LWRC. Any and yes all input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Wilson TTU input

Not much to say.

It's built like a tank, the single stage break like glass and has functioned flawless for me.

I'd buy another one.

Oh, mine wouldnt work with a ambi safety.

I just installed a single stage TTU in my POF 415 (build in progress). IMHO it feels better than my Bill Springfield tuned JP trigger on my DPMS LR308. I don't have a upper to test it on yet but on my Lyman digital gauge, I measured 2.5 lbs consistantly. Super clean break, no creep at all and super short reset. Build quality and machining looks superb. One of the pricier triggers @ $270 but so far I'm impressed and am glad I made this purchase. I'm thinking about using it on the LR308 and see how it shoots. I might get another TTU.

I have a Wilson trigger in my SBR. It is excellent.

Like Lofty, mine wouldn't work with an ambi safety. That is fine by me and I would buy many more.

why won't the TTU work with ambi safeties? which ones do you guys have? I was planning on putting a ambi safety on my build

I don't know who made my ambi safety, I ordered it from Bravo Com......I don't know who they buy from.

It works fine with my Geissle SSA trigger in my SBR so I threw it in there.

Ill have to check out that knight safety for use with the TTU.

I have a single stage TTU in my LR-308 and ran 300 rnds through it so far no problems what so ever. I've been out on shoulder surgery, so I have not been able to put more down range. I think those of us that own them will all say, smooth as glass, easy to install, pricey but worth the money. One other bonus for me is the trigger has a built in safety that keeps the trigger from bump firing if a part of the assembly breaks, or wears out. I also personally dont like the idea of adjustment screws on a trigger in a semi-auto platform, too much room for Murphy to rear his ugly head.

Curious if any of the single stage TTU guys use gloves with it? Any problems with the break with gloves on? Still combat quality break or should I go 2 stage route?

I would go 2-stage with gloves. When I tested the trigger at Bill Wilson's ranch, I felt that it broke a little to fast to use while wearing gloves... I ended up buying the two stage version, and that extra 1/16" of travel eliminated those concerns.

These are the best AR triggers on the market, IMO.

Thanks for your input. I thought that perhaps the use of gloves would necessitate 2 stage. Thanks again.

DixCupid: 2.5 lbs???

Wilson's site lists the pull at 5-5 3/4 lbs???

I'd love to get one, but what's the actual pull?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aialik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DixCupid: 2.5 lbs???

Wilson's site lists the pull at 5-5 3/4 lbs???

I'd love to get one, but what's the actual pull?</div></div>

Yea I know, Wilson says 4lbs but I measured 2.5lbs on my Lyman digital pull gauge many times! I couldn't believe it myself.

It was measured on a lower only (no upper attached yet) with my thumb on the hammer so that might have something to do with it?

I have in two separate rifles the Wilson TR-TTU (4 lb)trigger, and a JP Trigger (original 3-3.5 lb). Both are excellent, crisp and I can't tell the difference between them. However, with a Lyman gauge the Wilson breaks around 4.75 lbs and the JP at the advertised 3.5 lbs.

I've discussed with Wilson my concern that it breaks above the advertised pull, they were more than helpful to exchange it with a different one. However, it feels so good I can't get myself to remove it and send it back.

Hope this helps.

Darin

I might try one of these down the road after I get a couple of other things. I've been shooting nothing but pistol lately and to be honest I can't even remember the last time my AR went to the range.

I was skeptical of these at first ($270.) Just put one (single stage) in a 300 Whisper, I am now a fan. I like the blade shape, break is very clean, reset is great.

Mine works fine with an ambi-safety.

I am also looking at the Geiselle "Super Dynamic" Combat with the flat trigger bow. Anybody have experience with this particular Geiselle trigger?

Both the Wilson and Geissele are great triggers but very different. The break and reset on the Wilson is closer to the traditional trigger of a bolt action rifle. The Geissele is different and more unique in it's feel. It isn't quite like anything else on the market. You have to try it. I will say this. The reset on the Geissele is really short and quick. I think it's better suited to a run and gun type of rifle than a precision rifle.

I also have a Timeny and I think it's on par with the Wilson in the feel. Very clean break and a good reset. However, the Timney is available in a 3lb trigger whereas the lightest Wilson TTU, I believe is 4lb.