• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Winchester M70 Build

Winnie87

Private
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2019
Georgia
Morning all,

I'm currently building a rifle off a model 70 long action. Had it rebarelled to 300 win mag with a #5 contour from Jarrett. Here's where I'm running into problems, there aren't many companies who have stocks for the model 70 long action. McMillan does but lead time is 6 months and that's my main option so far. I've looked at factory wood stocks (I have an affection for fine wood stocks) but the rifle came factory with a below avg synthetic stock and blind mag. How do I know the differences between 1 PC and 2 PC floor plates if I found an older wood stock? Where are some other places to look for stocks for the rifle. It'll be used for hunting mostly and some shooting at the range.

Thanks All!

Besides the obvious. If there is 3 screws holding the trigger guard to the action it's a 2 piece or 2 screws should be a one piece. It should be pretty self explanatory. here is a picture on my two. The one with a screw in front of the trigger guard is a one piece.

20190802_142652.jpg

Reactions: Winnie87
If you end up with a 1 piece floorplate I believe bell and Carlson still make a few stocks. Might be a good fit depending on what you're after.