• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Winchester Model 63 Super Speed and Super X Question

MarshalTex

Private
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2010
Plano, TX
Hey guys I need some expertise where I have none. I picked up this rifle today in a group purchase from a guy who had inherited this gun, as well as others, 40 years ago and they have been in a closet ever since. I know this gun was made in 1956 by the serial number, but I am not sure if it has been refinished/restocked or if the nickel was an option at that point. I have searched forever online and cant find anything that looks like it?!? The gun looks like it has rarely been fired, the crown is in superb shape, no scratches or pitting that seems to be covered up, I just dont know. Please let take and look and let me know what you think. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 20140924_152323 (1).jpg
    20140924_152323 (1).jpg
    601.5 KB · Views: 33
I am sure that this one is .22 Long Rifle. Here are a couple more pictures

Attachments

• 20140924_173912.jpg
    20140924_173912.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 27
The more I look at the pics, the more I think that is bare metal and not plating. In the last pic I see what appears to be polishing marks.

Regardless, that is not a 50's era Winchester blue. Whoever did it did a hell of a job.