• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Winchester service Grade M118LR

Adaboy76

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2022
Colorado
Has anyone had any experience with the Winchester Service Grade M118LR out of a bolt gun? As prices climb it’s looking more attractive than the premium match grade factory ammo. Also eying the American Marksman/Bullets First M118LR as it seems guys have obtained ok results with it.

You might post in the armory or vintage sub forums. Probably get an answer there

At the $40 to $50 per 20 rounds I see it on the shelf for here they can keep it.

I shot a little bit of the older LC M118LR and I wasn't that impressed. With minimal load work up I could easily beat it in the accuracy department.

At the $40 to $50 per 20 rounds I see it on the shelf for here they can keep it.

I shot a little bit of the older LC M118LR and I wasn't that impressed. With minimal load work up I could easily beat it in the accuracy department.
I remember shooting a few boxes of the lake city years ago with my dad. Was damn underwhelming in the accuracy department.