• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Wind River on Netflix

Rick H.

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2002
Upstate NY
Just watched this last night. Stars Jeremy Renner as a fish and game hunter that assists in a murder investigation on an indian reservation.Enough action and plot twists to keep it exciting. Predictable, but so are most movies.
I liked it.

It's a good movie, I enjoyed the mountain views, but the rape scene is not for the faint of heart. So brutal, it really upset me, but I guess that is a good endorsement of the acting.

Watched it, liked it. Coworker wants to buy the 45/70 used and I guess this movie made it so popular that there is a backlog... that was 8 weeks ago so may have changed by now.

Gil Birmingham’s character, Martin Hanson was outstanding to me. The “Death Face” scene was especially impactful and his overall attitude really added a lot to the gravity of the plot.

Finally got a chance to see this, and actually really enjoyed it. I've wanted a .45/70 lever gun for awhile, but could never justify it. Now I want it more, but still can't justify it. :ROFLMAO: Great flick!

Reactions: TripleBull
I watched it also because of the recommendations. You guys got it right. Great movie. I was pleasantly surprised to see about half of the cast from Yellowstone were in this movie. Decent portrayal of the bleak life on the reservations. I thought it overkill to smoke the coyote with the 45/70, but that is nit-picking. The lever gun was cool but most of us would have chosen a flatter shooting weapon for use in such wide open spaces. Just sayin.

The FBI lady was pretty clueless, inept, poorly prepared, generally a babe in the woods character. She had to grow up pretty fast. I would have hoped that an agent, even one straight outta Quantico would have been better trained and prepped for that job.

I shot a 45/70 last week...its not very flat shooting. It is a BIG honker tho !!!!

Lever guns are great bush/pack guns....not so much what modern shooting is tho. It was also good to see some reloading, even tho you could see he did not know what he was doing. If I remember correctly...he bumped the powder pan and spilled some.

I watched it also because of the recommendations. You guys got it right. Great movie. I was pleasantly surprised to see about half of the cast from Yellowstone were in this movie. Decent portrayal of the bleak life on the reservations. I thought it overkill to smoke the coyote with the 45/70, but that is nit-picking. The lever gun was cool but most of us would have chosen a flatter shooting weapon for use in such wide open spaces. Just sayin.

The FBI lady was pretty clueless, inept, poorly prepared, generally a babe in the woods character. She had to grow up pretty fast. I would have hoped that an agent, even one straight outta Quantico would have been better trained and prepped for that job.
He shot the coyote with a bolt gun, not the lever

Watched it, liked it. Coworker wants to buy the 45/70 used and I guess this movie made it so popular that there is a backlog... that was 8 weeks ago so may have changed by now.

I believe that same 45/70 is used in one the newer Jurassic park movies.

Thanks for the suggestion. Don’t watch much Hollywierd crap but this one was worth it! Eye opening about Rez life for sure...

WTched last night! Very good movie! That 45-70 packs a wallop!

Anyone else notice when he chamfered the shit out of that brass?

Not enough people died fast enough.

I grew up on that reservation.

My wife and I saw it in the theater and liked it enough to send my dad a copy of the Blu-ray. He liked it but was pissed off. I've spent plenty of time in the Winds and on the reservation. Probably helped to toughen you up as a kid.

Reactions: Basher and Bender
Watched it on Saturday night on Netflix. Pretty damn good movie. Would be nice if more justice was served like that.

Wind River is a great film. If you haven't watched Longmire, you are in for a treat. Longmire is a series on Netflix.