• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Wind River

JMGlasgow

Old Salt
Minuteman
  • Apr 13, 2012
    Cheyenne, WY
    Anyone seen this movie? I saw it last Sunday and thought is was a very good movie. Only stuff I cringed at was the over dramatized bullet impacts that knocked people back several feet. Plot was very good, acting was fantastic, ending wasn't obvious. I highly recommend it.

I'm stuck out on the road so I went and saw it this afternoon. Good film and would have to agree with JM's comments. I would go so far as to say, I'd rent it when it comes out and watch it again.

I went and saw it. Agreed, the throw people across the room bullet impacts from super hunter were way overblown. They could have worked that in better but the gunfight was pretty damn spot on. The one thing I can't reconcile is

SPOILER ALERT!!

that the LEOs let the contractors keep their guns after they had drawn on them? Miss FBI trying to defuse the situation by reholstering her gun was a total rookie move. The Deputies instincts were right the fuck on! Too bad he didn't make it. Interesting that the group of contractors thought that they could get away with it once the cops actually showed up after they had killed one of their own but what are they gonna do at the point? All in all a good movie.

I2 Tech.

Last edited:
    Glad to hear it's good. I need to go see it while it's in the theater.
    I live smack dab in the middle of where the plot takes place in the Wind River range and reservation.Too bad they filmed it in Park City and not here, it kinda pissed the locals off on that.

I was hoping it was filmed in WY as well.

This may be a big reason why:

To qualify, productions must spend more than $200,000 in the state and hire local film crews. That can be a challenge, as Wyoming’s film crew base is small—and spread out.

The state does try to get movies filmed here, but get outbid by Colorado.

Hateful Eight was to be filmed here, but Tarantino chose Colorado instead.

Saw it tonight - loved it. Well done. Was that a 45/90? Way bigger cartridge than 45/70.

Several times during the movie Jeremy Rennor reminded me of Steve McQueen.
    I thought it was a damn good flick.

Broke down and watched this one as well while flooded in at my place. Damn good movie and I agree, that 45-70 was tossing people like DirtyD toss's salad. :p Thought it was funny watching him blow his primer pockets, again kinda like DirtyD, and weighing his boolits. :cool:

I also broke down and watched it last night. Like WyFox, I have spent a whole lot of time on Wind River Res, just not as much time as he does. WRIR is an interesting place, to say the least. It's interesting to get pulled over just for driving on a side road...... sadly with in site of a friends driveway that I was heading to.... there was no PC for the stop, other than the thought that I was "lost", I was way off the beaten path though.

Not a bad movie for entertainment value, but they took a whole lot of dramatic license in making of the move, none the less good entertainment value.

Just saw this tonight. I thought it was pretty good. Just bringing this up to let folks know that it is on Netflix now in case they didn’t see it in the theater.

I watched it last week on Netflix, good movie. I also thought the flying backwards part pretty laughable, but otherwise good flick.

I really liked wind river. But why is that guy shooting coyotes and other shit with a lever action antiquated cartridge? I’d use an AR for sure but I guess the Thespians wanted to make sure they weren’t giving the rifle any credence as being good for anything but shooting up schools

I really liked wind river. But why is that guy shooting coyotes and other shit with a lever action antiquated cartridge? I’d use an AR for sure but I guess the Thespians wanted to make sure they weren’t giving the rifle any credence as being good for anything but shooting up schools

He uses a bolt gun shooting coyotes, and carries a 45-70 lever in the woods because a grizzly bear with shit you out on your AR after he eats you. There is nothing antiquated about a hot 45-70 load and a lever gun carries very nicely.

He uses a bolt gun shooting coyotes, and carries a 45-70 lever in the woods because a grizzly bear with shit you out on your AR after he eats you. There is nothing antiquated about a hot 45-70 load and a lever gun carries very nicely.

Thought he shot that coyote with the gun he was using the whole movie. That’s why I asked

Just finished it. Good movie.

Fill me in why did the oil rig guys whoever they were have armor, an HK416, and glocks?