• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

wipe out bore cleaner in the ar

fairchase

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2010
I've used this stuff in bolt guns and it does pretty well. Is there any ill effects with it getting in the gas tube of an ar ? I would think a shot of compressed air through the rear of the gas tube would blow it out.

Re: wipe out bore cleaner in the ar

Someone here may know of some problems but i've used it in my AR10T (and several other older rifles) several times with no ill effect. After more rounds, I plan on using it in my other AR10 and M15. Seems like really good stuff, just strong enough to work well but mild enough so as not to do ANY damage.

okie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: son</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've used this stuff in bolt guns and it does pretty well. Is there any ill effects with it getting in the gas tube of an ar ? I would think a shot of compressed air through the rear of the gas tube would blow it out. </div></div>

If that does not work a squirt of Brake Clean will

I have used it in my ar-10 and ar-15 countless times and never had a problem.

works fine. Don't know that I've ever considered wipe out in the gase port/tube, but my AR has never had a hiccup.