• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wipe Out Foam Bore Cleaner

SONIC SAAMI

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Oct 1, 2008
    Chief Paulina's Wickiup
    Anyone else use this stuff to clean a rifle bore?
    I've been using it for about a year with good results.
    Remove copper and carbon with nothing but a patch.

No brush necessary
    33fah4k.jpg

2vknate.jpg

Last edited:
    I have used Wipe Out, as well as many other Copper solvents.

But I now do a Carbon solvent, then KG-12 Copper solvent, Kroil, and Flitz.

They also make an excellent carbon remover called CarbOut (brilliant, I know). It removes what the WipeOut leaves behind, especially useful to eliminate the carbon-ring at the throat.

I use Wipe Out on my bolt parts, brakes and barrel on all my gas rifles along with a non copper reactive jag. Other than a chamber brush, I don't use brushes in my M14, AR15 or Ar10, just jags so Wipe Out is great. After that I use Kroil Oil which is considered a creeping oil.

However, for my bolt guns I use Kroils and a jag to push out fowling to keep a smooth barrel while shooting, but when I want to get everything out the barrel, occasionally, I use Warhog 1134. This stuff will eliminate copper and carbon build up better than anything out there. Just make sure you use non reactive copper jags and run some creeping oil down the barrel afterwards. Next time you shoot the carbon will be on top of the oiled barrel.

I love Kroils very much also on all gun parts and for keeping my TRG running smooth as glass and protecting agains't rust and maintaining accuracy, this is what I do.

Peace