• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wireless weather station

Pre64

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2019
Can tuck eee
So my 8 year old LaCrosse home weather station has finally gave up the ghost. Lots of makes and models out there now. You guys have any you are really liking or dis like?

I've tried a few at the hunting lodge....because, well, nice to know how far below zero it is before you go out.
Right ?

None lasted a full year.
The wind speed sensors always blew apart in Kansas breezes.
Temp sensors froze and broke.
The rain gauges filled with snow, melted, then froze again, and broke.
You get the idea.
Never found one not made in Chiwanistan so that's probably 90% of the problem.

Reactions: Pre64
I've tried a few at the hunting lodge....because, well, nice to know how far below zero it is before you go out.
Right ?

None lasted a full year.
The wind speed sensors always blew apart in Kansas breezes.
Temp sensors froze and broke.
The rain gauges filled with snow, melted, then froze again, and broke.
You get the idea.
Never found one not made in Chiwanistan so that's probably 90% of the problem.
Below zero in Kansas. Pffft. Hold my beer.

I’ve been using the 308-1425B-INT for a few years. No wind speed or precipitation accumulation but it’s been through the gambit of Minnesota weather.

And honestly, I have no idea where the transducer is. It cuts in and out ever now and again but always comes back.

I’d buy another one.

I like these. One in Maui has been running two years and one in south central Alaska one and a half years. Easy setup, multipe mounting options. Battery life on actual weather instrument side is decent.

I bought a Davis Vantage Vue Weather Station three years ago.
It just works, no issues so far.

Solar powered, wireless communications w/ base station in the house.

Also bought this Internet accessory, so I can check the home weather w/ the app,
when I am traveling:

Reactions: FWoo45 and Pre64
I've only had my $115 Acurite color wireless professional weather station for a little over a year and if still works great.

The wind speed is very accurate and the measurements of rain are as well.

I bought a Davis Vantage Vue Weather Station three years ago.
It just works, no issues so far.

Solar powered, wireless communications w/ base station in the house.

Also bought this Internet accessory, so I can check the home weather w/ the app,
when I am traveling:

Was about to order a couple of these until I downloaded the app and realized that there are already weather stations super close to both my house and work. Their forecasting sucks but otherwise I love the app and weather stations.

Reactions: frankxtc
Below zero in Kansas. Pffft. Hold my beer.

I’ve been using the 308-1425B-INT for a few years. No wind speed or precipitation accumulation but it’s been through the gambit of Minnesota weather.

And honestly, I have no idea where the transducer is. It cuts in and out ever now and again but always comes back.

I’d buy another one.
Hit 50 below this last winter for a few consecutive days.
That's not warm no matter where you are.....even Russia.

I dont need a weather station to tell me its hotter than fuck in June, July, August and September here in Texas...

Reactions: Chaps5800
I bought a weatherflow Tempest weather station last year on black Friday, they had 20% off. Very happy with it. Using an old cell phone for a display.