• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Witts Springs Arkansas? Looking for info

B679B3E2-7D4D-4118-8198-6D2CA80BE776.png

This guy loves it there! He welcomes all comers!

Anyone from that neck of the woods that can tell me anything about the area? Looks nice and quiet...
It’s a beautiful area. If your looking for privacy that’s a great place.

Pros : private and VERY remote. Land prices are probably lower than the norm , cause not many folks seek the seclusion. As a rule the locals are really friendly, and the Deliverance reference isn’t indicative of the Arkansas I know. Rednecks & toothless crackers can be found anywhere . People can tell if your real and want to be there , they treat others like they want treated.
You have the Ozarks , Buffalo River close...not that far from amenities and shopping.
Little Rock isn’t far off if a transportation hub is needed.

Cons : Hot and humid summers , Beucoup bugs & snakes.
Has been known to have bad tornadoes every so often 👎
Not much to do if you like nightlife and socializing. I live about 60 miles S of there.
My major worry would be someone might fuck with my stuff if i was gone for awhile.
People like to slam Arkansas , but overall its a good place to live.👍

Last edited:

Pros : private and VERY remote. Land prices are probably lower than the norm , cause not many folks seek the seclusion. As a rule the locals are really friendly, and the Deliverance reference isn’t indicative of the Arkansas I know. Rednecks & toothless crackers can be found anywhere . People can tell if your real and want to be there , they treat others like they want treated.
You have the Ozarks , Buffalo River close...not that far from amenities and shopping.

Not much to do if you like nightlife and socializing. I live about 60 miles S of there.
My major worry would be someone might fuck with my stuff if i was gone for awhile.
At least it's not Vilonia! What is with that place and tornados??? But yes, a beautiful area for sure. I'm about 100 miles south and 50 miles west to my place. If you are a fisherman you will love the smallmouth fishing in that area for sure! Good people also but expect them to keep a "forgiener" at arms distance for a while. After that you are pretty much kin! IF you prefer cows mooing and coyotes yipping over sirens and horns you will love it!

Pretty much what I was hoping, and thought. Not a storm chaser, so tornados don't sound like fun. Also thought about security of the belongings...

Thanks for the insight man!

At least it's not Vilonia! What is with that place and tornados??? But yes, a beautiful area for sure. I'm about 100 miles south and 50 miles west to my place. If you are a fisherman you will love the smallmouth fishing in that area for sure! Good people also but expect them to keep a "forgiener" at arms distance for a while. After that you are pretty much kin! IF you prefer cows mooing and coyotes yipping over sirens and horns you will love it!
Thanks man, appreciate the info.

Being a close neighbor, I find Arkansas a nice enough place. Even folks in Little Rock go out of their way to help other folks out. I don’t believe Arkansas is as clannish as North Louisiana. I have lived in Louisiana all my life and am still not as accepted by those who’s folks who fought in the War of Northern Aggression. (Its not helpful that some of my folks fought to free the slaves, even though Brenda’s folks probably fought against my folks.) But that’s North Louisiana. Even here after a while they get used to having you around. BTW, if you come from up north, even after many decades, people will still, Still, Still be able to detect your accent. (But by then your folks up north will think you are a born in the flesh southern redneck).

Its a southern thing. yes we are different, If from anywhere west of Texas or north of Tennessee, you will feel strange at first.

A final thought, it is not the slightest bit unusual to have the heating system running in the morning and the air conditioning system running in the afternoon.

As a rule the locals are really friendly, and the Deliverance reference isn’t indicative of the Arkansas I know. Rednecks & toothless crackers can be found anywhere . People can tell if your real and want to be there , they treat others like they want treated.

Lived in south AR about 6 years. The only time I have ever seen kissing cousins an overt racism (the real kind, not blm crap) was in AR. Lots of country uneducated rednecks. North of Little Rock was better. Hot Springs area was really nice and friendly. I would agree with the cons, but you can get used to the humidity.

Reactions: HiDesertELR
Being a close neighbor, I find Arkansas a nice enough place. Even folks in Little Rock go out of their way to help other folks out. I don’t believe Arkansas is as clannish as North Louisiana. I have lived in Louisiana all my life and am still not as accepted by those who’s folks who fought in the War of Northern Aggression. (Its not helpful that some of my folks fought to free the slaves, even though Brenda’s folks probably fought against my folks.) But that’s North Louisiana. Even here after a while they get used to having you around. BTW, if you come from up north, even after many decades, people will still, Still, Still be able to detect your accent. (But by then your folks up north will think you are a born in the flesh southern redneck).

Its a southern thing. yes we are different, If from anywhere west of Texas or north of Tennessee, you will feel strange at first.

A final thought, it is not the slightest bit unusual to have the heating system running in the morning and the air conditioning system running in the afternoon.
It took me the better part of 6 months to find a job, not due to my education or experience, but people couldn't believe I would stay in AR that long, coming from CA. I lived in El Dorado, a stones throw from LA border. I do miss the drive thru alcohol slushies'. Open container=straw in. No straw in = ok. LOL.

It took me the better part of 6 months to find a job, not due to my education or experience, but people couldn't believe I would stay in AR that long, coming from CA. I lived in El Dorado, a stones throw from LA border. I do miss the drive thru alcohol slushies'. Open container=straw in. No straw in = ok. LOL.
Talk about culture shock, California to Eldorado>>>

Anyway in the 80’s and early 90’s we had some good times and even won a few classes (and a couple of big classes) at the El Dorado Walking Horse show.

Below Fashion’s Flirt having another good night with Brenda up. The fairgrounds off of Campanolle Road were flooded so that year’s show was held at an impromptu arena off of Highway 167. (I think you’ll like Arkansas)
D2D6A1FF-19D0-456C-89AD-8CA26DC4A5B0.jpeg

Talk about culture shock, California to Eldorado>>>

Anyway in the 80’s and early 90’s we had some good times and even won a few classes (and a couple of big classes) at the El Dorado Walking Horse show.

Below Fashion’s Flirt having another good night with Brenda up. The fairgrounds off of Campanolle Road were flooded so that year’s show was held at an impromptu arena off of Highway 167. (I think you’ll like Arkansas)
View attachment 7621737

Pretty boy, sooo smooth. Manly, yes but I like it too.

Like most places, the people of Arkansas can be slow to accept you. It helps if you join in whatever social scene there is. Sign your kids up for sports and attend the games. Even volunteer to help coach. Get active in Church. Join the Volunteer Fire Dept. Take part in any city wide or County wide clean-ups. Help out in community projects or any disaster recoveries. You get the idea. Make it a point to meet your neighbors and be quick to help them.

Yeah, it can be hot and humid. You get used to it. Or learn to work around it. We have bugs and snakes. Who don't? If you don't have flys, nats or mosquitoes you will have ticks and chiggers. They can all be dealt with. And yeah, we have severe T'Storms that sometime involve Tornados.

We also have good hunting and fishing. Fish --- everything from Catfish, Bream and Crappi to Trout. We also have Deer, Turkey and Ducks along with small game. We're pretty 2A friendly and have several places to shoot.

Church is a biggie. In our neck of the south, life revolves around Church. If you get into a Methodist or Baptist congregation, watch out, the food served is to die for. (And there is always too much of it)

Keep in mind that Louisiana being on the border and having much influence on its border states is a Catholic state, driven by Catholic beliefs and holidays. That said North Louisiana has large congregations of Methodist and Baptists. The Church of Christ and the Presbyterians are two other fairly large congregations but the Presbyterians seem to have fallen by the wayside. Earlier in my life, they were once as populous as the big two.

Its important to know that many if not most southern churches Especially Rural churches are very fundamental and do not take lightly to “woke” ideologies.

Finally If you can go to a Methodist or Baptist covered dish dinner and walk out still hungry, you have a hollow leg.

Last edited:
I like Northern AR better than Southern, or the Delta. Goddamn mosquitos down there suck! I guess Church is a biggie for some people, personally I haven't been to a church service in 30 years, nor a school ball game in 10. I like being out here in the sticks by myself!

I like Northern AR better than Southern, or the Delta. Goddamn mosquitos down there suck! I guess Church is a biggie for some people, personally I haven't been to a church service in 30 years, nor a school ball game in 10. I like being out here in the sticks by myself!
Hope the OP got some good advice about Arkansas in general and Witt Springs in particular !?

I figure that many people that live and move there want seclusion and privacy,
I have 0 problems being alone and sometimes the fewer people I see, the better.
Those seeking church and religion will find plenty of places to worship. Witt Springs is really in the boonies , the county next to it only has ONE stoplight 👍

I’ve lived in Northwest Arkansas , and now live in the Arkansas River Valley. NWA is becoming crowded with snowflakes and unicorns , not the same anymore.
I also lived in Little Rock and further S in Hot Springs , both have good and bad points.
From LR to Memphis below I-40 is mostly flat and boring , all the way to the Ark-La border. The Western side from Ft Smith down the Oklahoma & Texas borders is mostly timber related and not very populated either.
If I were to choose another place to live in Arkansas in would be close to the Witt Springs , Jasper , Harrison , over to the Heber Springs areas. Most people in Arkansas are down to earth and friendly , willing to help each other and even strangers.
My girlfriend says it’s the only place in the US where people would fight over who gets to fix your flat tire 👍

I’ve been here for a couple years. I signed my kid up for school sports and got her involved. She never had a chance as “she isn’t from here” per her coach and supported by the AD. I can’t wait to get out of this state. The taxes are ridiculous, as mentioned above “real” racism is still a thing here, I’m a “yankee”, the locals are some of the most ignorant I’ve ever come across. You’ll know they have no idea what they’re talking about when the story gets long and has nothing to do with the product you’re looking for. I’ve met a few great people here, who are from here. Of course those are the ones who’ve left and seen other parts of the country and world. Understand that I’m just north of LR and haven’t been to the Mountain Home area since I was a kid. I’ll find out how it is up there this summer.

Reactions: HiDesertELR
Sorry Arkansas hasn’t been better for you. We do have our share of ignorance and I know that racism is alive still. That said the small town I live in has good relationships with both Blacks and Hispanics. Crime rates are low , I can leave my vehicles and house unlocked. People that know you will always have your back. Most of the state is very 2A friendly , so it has that going for it.
I think the Mt Home area is beautiful, far different from LR. The taxes do suck , but overall the cost of living could be worse.
I’m from Arkansas but have lived and traveled all over the world , I could afford to live anywhere, I still love Arkansas more than anywhere else.