• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WOA 20" fluted S-DMR barrel.

No experience with that specific barrel but I have the WOA 16" SS Match 1:7 barrel on my precision AR15 Recce rifle and its a laser. Had it at the range today shooting Norma 77gr SMK 0.44".

Agreed, you can't really go wrong with a WOA barrel for precision stuff, I'm running a 16" incher in my recce also and did pretty good yesterday and today at the PNTC DMR match with Mk 262 Mod 1 and 62gr ball, I'm happy.

I've always been happy with WOA barrels. Haven't always been my best shooters but they have never disappointed either. If you want a 20" barrel you should get their service rifle pre-ban, or for a 'fun' rifle consider an 18" rifle gas or 16" mid-gas.

Had a 24" WOA Varmint contour 1-8 twist on my first build and it was spectacular, and the best part about it is that it loved cheap ammo the Ultramax 55gr Vmax would consistently shoot 1/2 MOA or less. I've been using Krieger barrels for the past few years now and I can honestly say there's not that much difference. It took me years to finally see the subtle improvement with Krieger over WOA. I'm sure you will be well and truly happy with a WOA

Anyone have any reviews or experience with this barrel? White Oak Armament | AR15 Barrels | 20 inch Squad Designated Marksman (SDM) Barrel | 1 in 8 Twist

I'm looking at this barrel for the precision LR AR-15 I'm building.

Also if you are looking to build a Long Range AR15, i would go this route.

White Oak Armament | AR15 Barrels | 20 inch .223 Varmint Barrel | 1 in 7 Twist with fitted Gas Manifold

There is absolutely no need for a muzzle brake on a .223 (IMO)

I have a WOA 18" varmint upper that they fluted for me. It is 1 in 7" twist. The very first time I shot it I used my 65 gr. Sierra Game Kings. Two shots to sight in my scope then shot 5 shots to foul the barrel before shooting 69gr. Match Kings in a ladder test. The 69 gr. shot smaller groups then the 65 gr. The picture is of the 65 gr. first five shot group at 100 yds.

PS: It is also fluted under the hand guard. Also has a Giessele SSA-E trigger in the Colt lower.

Attachments

• P5210002.JPG
    P5210002.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 240
  • P5210004.jpg
    P5210004.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
  • P5300004.JPG
    P5300004.JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Mine likes 69gr SMK's as well.

I'll second that there is no reason to run a break on varmint AR15. With a rifle length gas system and 20" barrel and 4-16x scope, my rifle shoots nice and smooth.

I never took the time to work up a load for it but I could pretty much guarantee 3/4 MOA every time with 24gr of TAC, LC brass and 77gr SMK's. It shot just as good or better with 25gr of Varget under the 69gr Sierras also.

Probably so. Varmint barrels tend to shoot better than lighter weight barrels on AR's. Probably due to the added weight.

Agreed, you can't really go wrong with a WOA barrel for precision stuff, I'm running a 16" incher in my recce also and did pretty good yesterday and today at the PNTC DMR match with Mk 262 Mod 1 and 62gr ball, I'm happy.

Did you win? I saw you were leading after day one I believe.

Can't go wrong with tbe SDM barrel I have one as it's listed and one minus tbe flutes. WOA has it figured out for .223. My barrel likes 77 SMKs over 24.3grs of Varget with 205MAR primers. 1 ragged hole @ 100.