• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors wolf recoil spring for my usp

black_ump

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2007
erie,pa 16334
thinking of getting a 16lb extra power spring for my usp 45, iam worried how ever this will create more recoil, is this true ? i dont have any failures or ne thing like that but i remember when i got the pistol it was ( for me ) hard to pull the slide back, i have had it 8 years and the slide pulls back vary easy now. just though it was time for a new spring.

also wanted to install the extra power hammer spring, your thoughs ?

Re: wolf recoil spring for my usp

Let me just say one thing, HUH? Why do you want to get an extra power recoil spring? I just replaced mine with a wolf 14lb spring, I didn't notice any real difference in recoil. As for the hammer spring I wouldn't go any heavier its just going to increase your trigger weight, I went to the 10# hammer spring because I wanted a lighter trigger pull, I haven't had any problems and that's the lb spring that greyguns uses for their competition usp package. FYI with the match trigger kit and 10LB hammer spring my trigger pull weight is down to 4lbs if i remember correctly.

Why? HK USP major parts are made to last up to 20k rounds. If anything just buy another factory spring.

A 16lb recoil spring in your USP45 will cause you more problems than it will resolve. Unless you are running +P loads (or reloaded equivalent loads) then the 16lb spring may end up leading to a host of problems, including FTFeed/FTE/etc. Additionally, while I don't think it will "create more recoil"...it will change the way you perceive the recoil. You'll likely go from the usual .45acp recoil to a sharper, "snappier" (if that's a word) recoil.

Remember, HK designed the pistol to function best with a 14lb recoil spring which allowed the pistol to survive countless torture tests without failure. Point being: if it ain't broke...don't fix it!

i was thinking the same thing, if it isnt broke dont fix it... its not broke lol sooooo..

i do need some magazine springs though i do notice mine are a little weak.

maybe i will get the factory recoil spring and hammer spring just to set back as spairs.

my usp t has the match trigger so i dont wanna make the pull any more then what it is, again thanks for the heads up

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thinking of getting a 16lb extra power spring for my usp 45...also wanted to install the extra power hammer spring, your thoughs ?</div></div>
Instead of "fixing" a non-existent problem, why don't you apply that money towards your pressure switch that your cheap-ass was trying to get out of spending...lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so i cannot find a straight pressure switch for my surfire g2 in the length i need unless i want to spend 35 bucks.
...should i just spend the stupid 35-40 bucks on the thing ?</div></div>

One important question I forgot to ask you is how many rounds do you have through your USP45...if you know?

You should get a minimum of 10k rounds out of your factory original recoil spring (and that is the bare min.). I have a USP45 Match with 12k+ and it is still on the original spring with no signs/symptoms that it needs replaced. One of the best signs of the need to replace yours is: 1) if the slide can be pulled back with ease (at least significantly greater ease than usual); and 2) if your pistol is ejecting brass on people at the other end of the range (avg. distance should be 6-8ft max...if it is more than that then replace your recoil spring).

Otherwise...save the $8 unless you just want to have one handy for replacement later down the road.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thinking of getting a 16lb extra power spring for my usp 45...also wanted to install the extra power hammer spring, your thoughs ?</div></div>
Instead of "fixing" a non-existent problem, why don't you apply that money towards your pressure switch that your cheap-ass was trying to get out of spending...lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so i cannot find a straight pressure switch for my surfire g2 in the length i need unless i want to spend 35 bucks.
...should i just spend the stupid 35-40 bucks on the thing ?</div></div> </div></div>

lol well this cheap ass bought a surefire 660 with that tail cap that takes both pressure pad and has the click on/off button, yes it came with the pressure pad

i have maybe 5k rounds on my usp

I hate to say this but I replaced the recoil spring on my USP 45 and love it (Wolff 18.5 lb). No issues to date and the timing has improved which means that I am back on target that much quicker. The recoil is sharper which does not bother me. I always disliked the mushy recoil. The trigger on the USP now matches the recoil cycle which is important to me as well as I now feel it is in sync when I run wi1th it. For what it is worth, I polished parts that are in contact with each other and I swapped out different springs that are used with the LEM and now the trigger is much better combat trigger.

Call me crazy but I also sanded and and shaped the thumb safety lever, changed out variant 9 (Double action/single action with control lever (manual safety/no decocking function) on left side of frame) and shaved and sanded down the tang for a higher riding grip on the USP. All in all I am very happy with the modifications even though I was a bit nervous at first.

As a side note, just last month I took it to my local gun store, had one of the employee give it a dry run - and he hates HK USP - and commented he would reconsider shooting it again if it had the modifications that was on mine.

Semper Fi
85 -90

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thinking of getting a 16lb extra power spring for my usp 45, iam worried how ever this will create more recoil, is this true ? i dont have any failures or ne thing like that but i remember when i got the pistol it was ( for me ) hard to pull the slide back, i have had it 8 years and the slide pulls back vary easy now. just though it was time for a new spring.

also wanted to install the extra power hammer spring, your thoughs ? </div></div>

You have been busy posting some very dumb stuff lately..... stop worrying about what you hear on the internet and from gun store hacks. Just be happy with what you have! As stated before..... if it aint broke, dont fix it!