• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing Woodchuck / Groundhog hunting in the Northeast

Re: Woodchuck / Groundhog hunting in the Northeast

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cbmax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okay so I am just going to come out and ask!
Does anyone here have land that I could hunt woodchucks somewhere near NJ?
I dont need no stinkin' guide!

Chris</div></div>
I don't know of any but I bet Gov. Christy could line up a field with a bunch of union reps from the teachers union.
Hahahahahahaha!
....SmokeRolls

That's the spirit! Now go out to the nearest 10 farms and ask in person.

If you're clean cut and well spoken, you'll do real well. The farmers'll even tell you where to go get 'em: listen to what they say, they know the land inside and out. Be courteous and respectful as the other guys have said.

Good hunting.

I live in the heart of Lancaster county...well theres Amish everywhere and Ive found the best farms to ask are the ones owned,or managed by other than the Amish they can sometimes not be so pleasant to deal with unless your giving them money.Manheim,PA I was just out yesterday shooting groundhogs and the day before and the day before. They are everywhere. As for all of the flat land thats easy to take care of,better optics,better rifle(caliber&model) and good fundamentals.I have yet to go out on any farm and not kill at least one, thats hill side to hill side,down hill, up hill or 200+ meter shots on "flat land". Lancaster is covered with all types of terrain I think you may have just been to one small area.Ive lived here before the Army and after my retirement and the groundhogs are the only thing that hasn't changed.Try out near the Buck, Manheim,Lebanon damn near anywhere in lancaster county.Ive only been turned down by one farm and that was because he was some organic, capture them alive tree hugger.
Also another tip is they love shale it easy to dig,and after the rain is great as they do not drink water they get it from the fresh wet vegi's thats one reason mornings are great the grass is usually nice and moist.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DRM1stCav</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I live in the heart of Lancaster county...well theres Amish everywhere and Ive found the best farms to ask are the ones owned,or managed by other than the Amish they can sometimes not be so pleasant to deal with unless your giving them money.Manheim,PA I was just out yesterday shooting groundhogs and the day before and the day before. They are everywhere. As for all of the flat land thats easy to take care of,better optics,better rifle(caliber&model) and good fundamentals.I have yet to go out on any farm and not kill at least one, thats hill side to hill side,down hill, up hill or 200+ meter shots on "flat land". Lancaster is covered with all types of terrain I think you may have just been to one small area.Ive lived here before the Army and after my retirement and the groundhogs are the only thing that hasn't changed.Try out near the Buck, Manheim,Lebanon damn near anywhere in lancaster county.Ive only been turned down by one farm and that was because he was some organic, capture them alive tree hugger.
Also another tip is they love shale it easy to dig,and after the rain is great as they do not drink water they get it from the fresh wet vegi's thats one reason mornings are great the grass is usually nice and moist.
</div></div>

I've been driving past the Lancaster area because it didn't seem like it would be that productive, and thought it might be tougher to get permission. I'll have to give it try.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tullius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not yet with the bayonet. Makes a good udeadyet poker/pitchfork.

My brother and I have a standing competition for running em down & dispatching with no weapons at all. You have to get in between them & their hole complex. They'll gnash their teeth & eventually make a run right at you: wind up and boot em as hard as you can in the nose, then stomp on their neck when they land. I'm down 3 to his 4 right now. </div></div>
Been to busy to get out hunting in the standard manner. BUT my one an only kill so far this year was a tag team between my dad an I. He kept its attention at the fence in his garden, and I ambushed'm from the back and forked'm up. Not sure sure what the BC or Velocity is on a wide tined pitch fork but it got the job done.
Agreed on previous recommendations...if you run 80 straight over into PA you should be in some good area to put the whack a mole on some hogs.

Tripwire, we are close by and it seems we know a few of the same folks, need to get together and shoot some time.
Picture079.jpg