• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Woox Furiosa chassis is here

Memberberries

Yup, I missed...
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2018
Green country
Yesterday my postman brought an early Christmas present!

DSC_1531.JPG

I had enough time to open the box and that was about it, this weekend I'll get it together.

DSC_1533.JPG

I'm going to be mounting it on my Tikka T1X but the current T3 inlet isn't drop in compatible with the T1X. The magwell is just a bit narrow and needs to be widened to get the T1X magwell to fit. I talked to Kendall at Woox on the phone and they are working hard to get as many inlets worked out as possible so he didn't have a date for when the Tikka inlet will get revised to include the T1X but said they will add it to their future R&D list.

DSC_1535.JPG

The only info I can really find about them online is unboxings so I'll skim over that, it's a nice box and protects it well during shipping. This chassis feels great in your hands and the build quality is top notch. The wood is spectacular and the machine work is great also, the recoil lug from my factory stock fit perfect with no slop or wiggle possible at all. Without the magwell the action fit really well and the bottom metal is also an exact fit with one caveat of the depth being a little shy for the T1X bottom metal so it sets a little proud.

DSC_1537.JPG

Detailed review and a ton more pics to follow this weekend, it was just too dark and late to get anything worth posting last night. I'll add them here in the next couple posts.

Last edited:
Got the rifle put together last night and shot it a bit, the balance point is moved quite a bit further back from factory and shooting offhand counts as a workout now. The Tikka T3X inlet is about 0.070" too narrow for the T1X magazine well so it took a bit of time with a file to get it together. The hard anodized and coating on the chassis is some tough stuff and let's just say that you really have to want to make the T1X fit to be worth it. I highly recommend using a mill instead of files or waiting for the inlet to be updated by WOOX.

DSC_1566.JPG

DSC_1572.JPG

DSC_1570.JPG

DSC_1571.JPG

It's a solid chassis and has a ton of features and it feels great. Groups were already sub-moa in the factory stock but I always felt like I had a lot of fliers so time will tell how much that changed. The fit and finish of all the parts leaves a great impression and I'm a sucker for wood. The gaps are tiny and the wood is definitely top notch. Hopefully they will offer some exotic options or maybe just some curly maple in the future.

DSC_1567.JPG

The front handguard has 10 screws that hold the mlok rails and the wooden forend on and my torque wrench said 10 inch pounds to remove them, the support for the forend has 2 screws with 35 inch pounds on them. Be careful not to crank everything down with a cheater pipe as it's aluminum and wood so you wouldn't want to strip/crack anything.

DSC_1578.JPG

DSC_1580.JPG

The buttstock is removeable with a pushbutton and it removes/locks up tight. There is a plastic bushing in the hole and the retainer clamps on threads so you can adjust it to tighten the fit as things wear. It's really easy to use and adjust and you can adjust the lockup to be super tight with zero play.

DSC_1574.JPG

The cheek rest is adjustable for height with a similar push button and front back with an Allen wrench. I thought it odd that all the screws on the chassis are torx except for a few including the cheek riser front back set screw. The butt pad is also push button adjustable for length of pull and Allen wrench adjustable for height.

DSC_1569.JPG

My only complaints are that the T1X doesn't fit and the picatinny rail on the buttstock would serve me better if it was a bag rider since I use this rifle for NRL22. It is removable and they use a section of mlok rail so it can be repurposed to somewhere else pretty easy, I've already taken the measurements and made a drawing for a bag rider and I'm hoping to have one made out of some delrin before the next local match on August 2nd. I also plan to get an arca rail for the forend which is about 11 inches from the front action screw to the tip.

I shot steel with it in the yard and hope to get it to the range to really make it work tomorrow. I'm digging it so far, even with the couple small things.

Last edited:
Never heard of them before. Not my style but looks interesting.

$900
Made in Italy and USA

You know what series of aluminum?

They're a new branch of the Minelli group and the manufacturing is done/started by Minelli in Italy with Assembly done in Hickory, NC. The chassis is made of 7075 aluminum.

I have one on order as well. Im hoping to get shipping notice next week. I'm trying to be patient but it's tough. I like the wood look as well, these are so different and I think they will really stand out.
I have pics the company sent from his cell phone.
IMG950270.jpg
IMG950271.jpg

Great looking gucci chassis. Weighing in at 4.8 lbs, it's heavier than most chassis out on market already.

Woox, if you are listening, please make a lefty version. Or better yet, put ambi option in it like the way MPA does it.

Woox, if you are listening, please make a lefty version. Or better yet, put ambi option in it like the way MPA does it.

They keep saying lefty version is in the works on their Instagram. They also say more inlets including Savages are in the works too.

I emailed them regarding LH version. And this is what I was told..

Attachments

• 2DCA0482-3A30-4FF9-978A-1EDAEBFDDC26.jpeg
    2DCA0482-3A30-4FF9-978A-1EDAEBFDDC26.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 189
The appearance is outstanding, and I assume the mechanical issues are top notch. Looking around for prices, the cost looks very reasonable for that design and work. Looks like you got yourself a nice deal.

Now to wait for that second stimulus check...

thank you for that post they look pretty neat I like the blend of wood and metal Its really nice looking chassis . Is it wood or laminate or something else ?
It's made from the tears of snowflakes isn't it come on admit it is isn't it ? lol

The appearance is outstanding, and I assume the mechanical issues are top notch. Looking around for prices, the cost looks very reasonable for that design and work. Looks like you got yourself a nice deal.

Now to wait for that second stimulus check...

All the adjustments are easy to use and lock down solid. It's within the same price range as all the other chassis with similar features so I think it's a great deal considering it's wood. Just wish it was a little lighter.

I'd recommend ordering direct from WOOX. They had 20% off for the 4th of July and I bet you can find a code for 10% off somewhere.

Reactions: Greg Langelius *
Yeah, I've shot it quite a bit but due to work/life/covid I haven't been able to shoot any matches.

Pretty much all my fliers have disappeared and the little Tikka is shooting better than it ever had before. Out of the box it's pretty good but the takedown feature needed tweaked to have a tighter lockup and a few other little things like that. There are a ton of features like height adjustable butt pad and the adjustable latches that are not really mentioned on the WOOX website. The cheek rest is also adjustable front/back but I don't really find this to be that big of a deal as it was already in pretty much the right spot for me.

I really didn't like having a picatinny rail on the bottom of the buttstock so I made a bag rider for it and like that a lot better. Mine is delrin but aluminum or steel would make great options if someone wanted to add weight on the back end. If you run a monopod this wouldn't matter but I run a rear bag and a bipod mostly.

Balance is good with a bipod handing off the nose and the factory t1x barrel, I think it would need some weights on the back end if you're running a centerfire rifle with a long heavy barrel on it. The forend is shorter than I would like but not enough to cause a problem, it might mess with the balance anyway. The way the chassis is made it should be easy to swap one if they start making one though.

I have been shooting SK standard plus and it's right at half moa at 50 yds but opens up to 1 moa at a hundred and starts falling apart further out. Federal automatch bulk stays 1.5 moa out to about 250yds so I plink with it quite often too.

Currently I love it but I do think it could benefit from a little bit of a diet and a better advertising. I'm waiting until black Friday season to get an arca rail on it because I blew all my spending money on a new bow.

Attachments

• IMG_20200726_123720_678.jpg
    IMG_20200726_123720_678.jpg
    641.7 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG-20200726-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20200726-WA0004.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 310
Memberberries, thank you for the wright up and thoughts on the stock.

No problem, I always get a little apprehensive when I can't find any info on a product so I figured someone else would want to know more about it.

Anyone in the northeastern Oklahoma region that wants to shoot it would be welcome and I plan on making it out to the nrl22 match in Stillwater next month with it.

Reactions: Ryan Bosley
Man that is a sexy looking chassis! I was planning on going with a foundation in the future, but this is now I the running!

Reactions: Memberberries
Woox has been posting photos of a DBM version of the Furiosa that takes AICS mags - so I'd guess that is coming very soon.

Reactions: Jgunner
Is this a safe queen chassis or could it take the abuse from PRS/NRL?

still think it's a pretty stock .thanks for the pics to drool over .

if they ever do a carbon layout version ill be all over it

I’m hesitant to write this since I don’t want to come off as bashing the product because I do like the design but I’d like to throw my observations out there for future buyers. Full disclosure, I did use a coupon code for my purchase if that matters. I’m also coming off of back to back bad experiences with both Huber Triggers and Nemesis Arms so I’m a bit jaded towards the industry as a whole right now.

I was shopping modular chassis systems when I ran across a random picture of the Furiosa that caught my attention. I was burnt out on full aluminum rigs, and composite stocks are tools to me. I was looking for something really different. Enter the WOOX chassis line and the Furiosa.

After watching a bunch of paid reviews by people that obviously hadn’t actually run the chassis I decided that the only way to judge it would be to get one and go hands on. I tried to contact WOOX for additional information but got almost zero information back when they did actually respond.

Roughly a week later I had a Furiosa sitting on the bench. Upon opening the box the first thing that struck me was the wood. Definitely not as nice as the units pictured on the website but not bad. Being a picky bastard and having a preference for English Walnut or Curly Maple mild disappointment was to be expected. So, nice wood but nothing spectacular in the grain or color. I also knew going in that the forend had M-LOK rails on the sides which I think detracts from the looks and serves no practical purpose that I can see, but we’ll get to that later.

I grabbed my bull barreled .308 action and tried a quick test fit. Problem number one, it doesn’t fit! I went back to the WOOX site and verified that the chassis specs stated max barrel size of 1.250” which it did. After realizing that my brand new, somewhat expensive (for me), chassis was going to need inletting to work I started to look at it more closely. What I found is in the pictures below.

Dents in the wood on both the forend and buttstock. All of these are under the finish so they were there ahead of time. Lots of bubbling in the finish in the cutouts on the forend. A chunk in one slot that was finished over jagged edges of the inletting for the M-LOK side rails. The machined/cast parts of the stock all looked exceptionally good.

I called Kendall at WOOX and told him about the problem with the barrel inletting. When I told him that the website clearly stated 1.250” max barrel size he seemed aware of it and said that it needed to be changed, immediately followed by “Do you want a return label”. No discussion, no “sorry for the mistake”, nothing. I told him that I was going to check on the cost to inlet the forend before I jumped to a return. I asked Kendall what finish I could use to seal the forend after inletting that wouldn’t react with the existing finish to which he replied, “The finish is proprietary”. Honestly, I couldn't care less. I just want to know what I can use that won’t cause the existing finish to lift along the edges. He said that he would check and get back to me which, again, he never did.

The website specs have since been corrected but I find it hard to believe that I’m the first one to encounter this with a more than a year of sales under their belt. My guess is that they are banking on the fact that once you have it in hand you’ll be so impressed that you won’t want to return it and will pay to inlet it yourself.

I also mentioned the other QC problems that I had encountered and offered to send photos, which he accepted. During this time I received an autogenerated “You’re what makes us great!” e-mail from Danilo Minelli stating that he was one of the owners and welcomed feedback. So, I wrote out a brief e-mail covering the issues and sent it off to both Danilo and Kendall. To date I have never heard back from anyone.

Do I like the chassis? Hell yes, I like it a lot! It fits exactly what I was looking for. Something completely different that blends modern modularity with traditional wood warmth and looks. I’m just disappointed in the quality of the finish and lack of customer support. Unfortunately that seems to have become the norm in the gun industry today.

More to follow regarding the M-LOK forend...

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 237
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    243.9 KB · Views: 238
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 235
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 254
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 317
Reactions: BuLLet
Everything that follows is personal opinion so take it with a grain of salt...

The M-LOK forend on the Furiosa. Love it or hate it? It’s going to be a personal preference thing for most. For me it’s a bit of a sticking point. Before the chassis even arrived I knew that I didn’t really like it but I would find a way to work around it. The Furious is such a beautiful design. This isn’t a tacticool chassis, it’s a precision modular chassis, and in my eyes, somewhat a work of art.

To me the M-LOK forend detracts from the overall design terribly. What exactly is the purpose? What are you going to hang off of the sides of this particular chassis design? A split bipod is all that I can come up with and I think that would look atrocious.

While I was waiting for UPS to deliver it I started thinking of ways to make the M-LOK less of an eyesore. Maybe solid inserts with the caliber and “FURIOSA” engraved in them? Maybe inserts with a slightly recessed design that emulates the buttstock? Still rolling this one around in my pea sized brain.

I went back to the WOOX site and was looking at the other chassis offerings. I saw that the Exactus has a solid wood forend so I did a quick mockup in Photoshop and below is what I cam up with. To me it looks far better than the M-LOK forend but, again, that’s personal preference.

I wrote up my idea and sent it to Kendall. The Exactus forend on a Furiousa chassis would cost them virtually zero to offer as an option for us high drag, non-tacticool, old farts. All they would need to do is add a part number to their website or a drop down option for the forend, and a few new pictures of the combo. Seems pretty painless to me.

I’ve asked repeatedly if I could buy an Exactus forend to install on my Furiosa but again, crickets. For now it’s back to the drawing board and live with the M-LOK.

First picture below is the Furiosa with the original M-LOK forend. Second photo is the mockup of the Furiosa with the Exactus forend. I think it looks a hell of a lot cleaner, but I’m pretty picky.

Looks aside it won’t stop me from buying another one for my .330 Dakota when funds are available. Maybe someday WOOX will sell the Exactus forends separately.

Attachments

• Furiosa Walnut (3)  Med.jpg
    Furiosa Walnut (3) Med.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 239
  • Furiosa with Exactus Walnut Forend.jpg
    Furiosa with Exactus Walnut Forend.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 267
Looks awesome! Two questions...
1) Is the cheek piece adjustable left and right?
2) Is the black Cerakote standard or does it incur the $250.00 fee like the other colors?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Not sure who that was directed at but the cheek piece is adjustable vertically along with fore and aft. No left or right that I can see. Black comes standard and doesn't cost extra.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Not sure who that was directed at but the cheek piece is adjustable vertically along with fore and aft. No left or right that I can see. Black comes standard and doesn't cost extra.
Thank you very much! The left/right adjustment is kind of deal breaker for me but I want to get behind one before I pass judgement as I am looking at an ARC Xylo as well. The cerakote question was asked because "graphite black" is a $250.00 upcharge. Good to know the standard black is included in the price.

Reactions: Gypsyman