• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Worst invention you have ever seen.

2ndamendfan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2010
UT
I stumbled across this. It really belongs in Maggies. Let's see what the worse product you have ever seen is. Keep it in the modern era, 1960's+. Don't need any of you old farts going back to prehistoric times. +1 point if it is firearms related, +1 point if you admit to owning one.

Mule stock.JPG

The fact that they named it the Adaptive Storage Stock should not be your first clue.

The fact that they named it the Adaptive Storage Stock should not be your first clue.

Sweet - the muzzle of the handgun pointed at your head when shooting the rifle.

Retarded looks and weird weight balance aside, I can't see that being faster than transitioning to a holstered sidearm on your belt. It adds so many problems to the mix it isn't even funny.

The way I was taught was if you needed a pistol transition because your rifle was down, you let the forend of the rifle to your left, while your right hand started doing exactly the same thing it would do to grab the sidearm, release the retention and being the draw stroke. If done/timed right, when your drawstroke from your right hand is to your chest when you are about to push the sights out on the target, your left hand has completed 'stowing' the rifle out of the way and meets the pistol/right hand to complete your grip and then push sights on target.

The benefit here is if you do this correctly, its using 90% of the exact same range of motions that you use when practicing a draw from the holster; nothing different, no new movements to remember, no confusion, nothing. You're basically using the same drawstroke with simply moving the primary out of the way first, thats it.

Whereas with this giant buttstock, its a totally different set of movements you'd have to remember and automatically do while under stress. Dumb. As. Fuck.

M561 Gamma Goat...Six wheel drive, air dropable, amphibious, prime mover, does everything but go.
yq0vyK2h.jpg

Is that not one the goats drive shafts laying on the ground to its left.
The first time I saw "GOAT" coming toward me while in Graf, it sounded like it was mad at me! After it passed, I determined that it was just mad a itself!

Yes
12 B, 7th Corp, 237th In your ears (wheeled) 83/85. we rarely trained there but would go there for "construction projects"