• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes WOTAC--buyer beware!

higintop

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2007
WOTAC is not delivering product and claims he "is having problems with customs."

He is not answering emails or voice mails.

Buyer beware.

Re: WOTAC--buyer beware!

I have nothing but good to say about Matt and his product. He strives to have great customer service. If he says hes having trouble with customs hes having trouble with customs. He will get it taken care of and make things right. Just hang in there he is good to go and will make things as good as possible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: razorburn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOTAC is not delivering product and claims he "is having problems with customs."

Buyer beware.

</div></div>

It's nice to see you so eager and willing to harm a man's business that he has worked very hard to build. All that effort and goodwill he has put into his product and service you are willing to badmouth because you don't get what you want.. when you want.

I'm sure his family and employees appreciate you broadcasting this on the internet.

You have 10 posts on this forum all since Oct. 2nd and they are all bad-mouthing WOTAC.

Here's a thought.., cancel your fucking WOTAC order and buy some tampons.

HEY FUCKFACE, give him a chance, if he is even willing to ship to you in a different country, thats a big deal right there, so ether bare with him for a bit as he is a busy man, Matt gets LOTS of calls from MANY PEOPLE, your not the only person who is buying a scope from him right now, so dont be a ******* Matt will bend over backwords for you, so just sit tight, cancel your order and a falcon, from Matt, or whatever....no matter what its your loss.

Re: WOTAC Delivery Problems? [Re: Savage_Jake]
razorburn Offline
Private First Class

If he is a stand up guy, he needs to communicate with his customers, both in private and on this forum. Communication will make or break a business, guaranteed.

Let me educate you: Larry Potterfield is a stand up guy. Never had a single problem with Midway USA and the website tells you up front if an item is out of stock. Shipping is SAME DAY. Superb communications. No games.

Edited by razorburn (04 October, 2010 19:25)

QUOTED FROM razorbun ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How about I educate you,whiny snot nosed punk ? You register on SH almost three years ago and have contributed Nothing to this site.Yet,the first time a problem crops up you come here crying and bad mouthing a guy that our members seem to like a whole lot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you don't get what you want.. when you want.</div></div>

Ummm ... isn't that what customer service is all about? And if you can't give the customer what they want when they want it after you've taken their money you let them know what's up. If the seller isn't communicating, as the OP says, he has a right to be upset, even if he registered just yesterday.

But if it is only a couple days overdue and an explanation was given, I'd chill. Everyone has problems from time to time. Patterns are the true red flag.

Matt at WOTAC has always been excellent when I have dealt with him. I doubt we're getting anywhere close to the full story here.

10 posts in the last 3 years? This is more likely a "consider the source" of the complaint problem.

I purchased a couple of scopes from Matt, had problems and he took care of everything well beyond what I would expect from any company. I may not be a fan of the WOTAC scope but I am a huge fan of him and his service.

I can easily recommend ordering from Matt. He will take care of you, no doubt about it. Its not proper to bash a company, a man, a product without investing some time and effort on your part. Give Matt a chance to respond to you and he'll make sure your happy and dry.
smile.gif

Mike

I have ordered from WOTAC and have had no issues whatsoever. Anybody who has had a problem with any of his product have had replacements sent ASAP. From my dealings with him, I say he's a pretty damn upfront and standup guy.

Like the above posters said, your tampon needs to be changed.

I would recommend ordering from Matt as most of the above have as well.

Matt and his entire operation are first class and have gone above and beyond on numerous cases that are well documented all over the Internet.

Many companies have been experiencing delivery delays since the directive was issued to x-ray everything that comes through customs. It is refreshing to hear that Matt actually gave you an honest explanation instead of a simple "canned" response that you would get from a large company.

I am glad to see how SH members handle these type of "cry baby" posts as they have become too common on most forums.

Hello,
I do apoligize that I have not posted on this forum (or any forum for some time). This is a matter that I should have addressed with all of our customers.

Wonders Optics has always had an excellent reputation for providing customer service at levels that are pretty much unheard of in this industry. I am very proud of what me and my team have done, and we will continue to do exactly what we have done for some time now, and we will continue to grow.

If at any time, there is a customer that is not satisfied with our services, or product, we invite everyone to join in, and give us feedback on a product. When I first posted on this forum a few years ago, we received many excellent ideas, and we were able to impliment a lot of them. I think that is why we have been so successful at our jobs, and developed the reputation that we have.

We are currently out of stock on the WOTAC models. We have been for a few months, while working in a new design that will improve the total strength of the scope. As any new design will go, we went through parts issues, tolerance issues, and shipping/logistics issues with some of these parts. That does not mean that we are not doing everything in our power to fix them, and we are definately close to that. For those that I for some reason have not communicated with... the WOTAC 4-14, and 10x40 GEN5 models will be in stock at the end of this month. We have the parts, design, and tolerance issues worked out. if you have one on warranty, it is taking priority, and will be the first ones to leave here.

Please also remember that you are not paying for a $2500.00 scope. I have always been proud of the way that our scopes have stacked up against scopes that cost way more than they do (sometimes as much as 5 times), and we will continue to improve them as often as possible. Again for those that have had issues, or fell into this lull that we are almost out of... you have my apoligies.
Our customs issues fell into wierd circumstances with the Falcon Menace optics. We have been one of the largest, and well known dealers for Falcon Optics for some time. Please remember that these scopes are from another country, and please remember that there are times that customs on both ends are a little "picky" when it comes to parts, and items that are associated with this industry. It's a sensative area that we have to deal with, and sometimes there are going to be little delays and waits... thats the downside to international dealings.

Please understand, and know that we are doing everything in our power to make sure that every customer gets what they want, and are able to use the product to it's fullest capabilities. We do have WOTAC shooters that are making 2000 yard shots, and we do have local competitions that have been won with them. I personally take shots from 750M to 1400M with my 12x44 model, and have been using that model for over a year. The same can be said for the Falcon Optics. They are not $2500.00 scopes, but both optics are well beyond what you would expect from a sub $1000.00 scope

For the customer that has the issue with us, I invite you to call, and speak with me directly... I am sure that we can come to an agreement on what ever the issue is. One thing that I learned very quickly in this isdustry, is that not everyone is going to be happy with one particular model, which is why we carry optics from nearly every major scope company out there.... We have done it many times, and can offer deals on certain optics that are well below what they should be. Just please call, or send me a direct email.

For those that tried to get ahold of me. I am sorry if I have not returned your call, or emailed you. We received 100+ plus calls, and emails every day. While I do really try to get every one taken care of... There are going to be times that a person falls through... and you also have my apoligies on that. We are a small company, and we will stay that way. We don't have a large call center, and we will not get one. I don't want my business to turn into something like that. Again, we are very proud of where we have made it to, and we will continue with what works.

Another reason for the delays, and communication issues have been health related. I have been in and out of the office constantly (alot of you know that... when you call, Ive been in the truck). Like it or not, my little health issues are over, and I am back at work. Again, I apoligize that you did not get the service that you expected from us, and we will do what's neccessary to ensure that every customer gets the service that they deserve.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this, and I apoligize to anyone that has been effected by any of the above issues. Know that all issues the have been resolved, and we are back on track.

Hi my first post on the Hide.I also have purchased 3 scopes from Matt his customer service is top notch.Give him a chance to make things right.

I do not at the time have a scope order with you matt but i would like to thank you for taking the time to explain to some people the problems involved with internatioal ordering of parts,customs and such...
To me this is completly above and beyond the call of duty.Again thanks.....
Now razorburn you have your awnser,give the man a break and let him take care of buisness....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: razorburn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOTAC is not delivering product and claims he "is having problems with customs."

Buyer beware.

</div></div>

I think that people who get on here and bitch and moan with no credibility what so ever should be banned. You came on here to smear Matt and his company with no proof or further explanations. 3 lines of BS and we should trust what you say?

Razorburn sounds like a snake in the grass.

I am actually looking at getting one of the wotac scopes for my target .22lr. I have found a site or two that still have them in stock, or so there site says.

I think for one guy to come on and say such things should be beaten.

Then in the same light, for the head guy of the company to come on and stay calm and cool headed is awesome. That just makes me want to order one of the scopes even more. Because you just don't see customer service like that anymore.

I can't wait to put an order in and get shooting!

If you have not gone through due process with a vendor, slamming them on a public forum should be a bannable offense. After seeing this and the threads slamming Pete Lincoln, I get more than a little peeved.

You said that Matt hasn't returned your calls, yet when I called him this AM to ask if he'd seen this thread, he answered on the second ring. As he explained, he's had some extenuating circumstances, AS DO WE ALL. So grace is extended.

Matt and I go back over two years and he has always bent over backwards to answer my questions and provide me with more product than I paid for. Better people you will not meet.

Kudos to Chris Farris for chiming in here, too. It's good to see vendors support each other.

The number one issue on American's minds right now is the economy. And crap like this can screw up quite a few people's local economy in a hurry. Irresponsible slander on the internet is extremely dangerous. Let's take our responsibility as consumers seriously.

John

I have one of Matt's Gen 5 4-14x50's and two more on order. My subsequent Wotac order was delayed for reasons stated above by Matt and it's a non-issue for me but I understand it may cause issue for others and for those customers, I'm certain Matt will handle each order accordingly. Matt has always been a professional and provided customer service that is well above average. He will continue to get my business and support whether it's his proprietary line or other lines he carries.

I have also had a great experience with Matt. I called him numerous times before I pruchased a Wotac. He was more than happy to help me out.

I would like to add to "Matt is a good guy" pile. He is a great guy to talk to and his customer service is second to none. He provides what I think is a very good product for those of us who just aren’t quite at the USO/S&B level yet.

I saw this post yesterday and just left it alone, but only 10 posts was the first thing that hit me.

In addition, as a small business owner, you have to work to keep business and gain new customers, which as many of the vendors around know first hand is not easy. The negative comments are not just putting down a product, but affecting an individual's livelihood. Think before you throw out inflammatory comments of the consequences. Its just bad mojo. As for Matt and his product, I have never personally used his scopes, but he has a very good reputation, especially if you read over at Sniper Central. Next time, it would be best to keep an opinion like this between you and the vendor.

I had a problem with my GEN 3 WOTAC. I had used it for a few years on a couple of different rifles & I really liked it.I contacted Matt by E-mail, was told to send the scope to him & he would replace it. I did that. Matt said he is waiting for the new GEN 5's & would send a replacemant as soon as he got his order. When that order comes I have made arrangements with Matt to order the 2nd WOTAC GEN 5 scope. I checked with Matt just yesterday by E-mail about when I could except my order to ship & when I got home from work this evening there was a message from Matt telling me a time frame of when the order should ship. While this was not chisseled in stone, it is good enough for me. When you deal with a company such as Wonders Optics, you wish that every company you deal with would be as good as Matt & his folks are.
In the meantime I will wait patiently for my new WOTAC scopes to arrive, knowing that they will & if any more problems arise they will be taken care of in the best way possible.
Thanks Matt & the employes at Wonders Optics! We will do business together again in the future.

Sam

I wonder why the person that started this thread ain't chiming in anymore ?!?!?!?!? I might have an idea hahahaha.

WTOAC is affecting his OWN livelihood by not delivering a product that is portrayed as readily available on the website. There is NO warning that delivery time is “whenever” and emails/calls may or may not be answered. Five weeks without contact for a paid-for product is ridiculous. It is also bad customer service, and anyone arguing against that is making themselves look stupid.

It took this public complain to get his attention, and I FINALLY have resolution.

Next time someone takes $300 from you keyboard commandos and fails to deliver, then cuts off the communication, let’s see how you react. I bet you’ll be singing a different tune then.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking. We are about to experience some turbulence, so please keep your tray tables and chairs in their upright and locked positions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: razorburn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WTOAC is affecting his OWN livelihood by not delivering a product that is portrayed as readily available on the website. There is NO warning that delivery time is “whenever” and emails/calls may or may not be answered. Five weeks without contact for a paid-for product is ridiculous. It is also bad customer service, and anyone arguing against that is making themselves look stupid.

It took this public complain to get his attention, and I FINALLY have resolution.

Next time someone takes $300 from you keyboard commandos and fails to deliver, then cuts off the communication, let’s see how you react. I bet you’ll be singing a different tune then.

</div></div>

I'd pay you $400.00 and wait 6 weeks with no communication from you for the opportunity to swiftly kick you in your already sore vagina. I don't even need a receipt.

Douchebag... seller beware...

Well said Shankster.

I think we should let this thread die. I've never owned a WOTAC scope, but I was in communication with Matt when the scopes were first mentioned on the 'hide and he came across as a real standup guy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: razorburn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WTOAC is affecting his OWN livelihood by not delivering a product that is portrayed as readily available on the website. There is NO warning that delivery time is “whenever” and emails/calls may or may not be answered. Five weeks without contact for a paid-for product is ridiculous. It is also bad customer service, and anyone arguing against that is making themselves look stupid.

</div></div>

Wow, this almost makes me want to order a scope from him even though I don't need one right now. I know for a fact that I would be taken care of.

If this was your tone when you contacted him, I would not blame him for sending you to the back of the priority list.

If I was Matt, I would send your money back with a happy and hearty -FUCK OFF-

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: razorburn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

You are talking to the wrong group of audiences. Many members here purchase scopes cost 5~10 times of the scope you paid, and wait longer than you do. I can think of many examples, USO, Premier, S&B etc...

People here pay high dollars and wait weeks if not months for top notch equipments. This is not a consumer electronics industry, where manufactures compete on lower cost and time to market. So either you get your thoughts straighten out, or we can show you the "EXIT" like Shankster said.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gstaylorg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking. We are about to experience some turbulence, so please keep your tray tables and chairs in their upright and locked positions. </div></div>

hahahaha
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: razorburn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> "is having problems with customs."
</div></div>

Sounds to me like there is some communication there. Even if it was a general announcement to all customers that should have at least given you a slight hint as to why it was delayed. Here is a question/ statement. YOU chose to order from him based on good things you heard, probably. Being he is not a large, high end manufatcurer that is mass producing scopes by the hundreds each week (something clearly obvious), who also offers scopes not made by his company for purchase. Yet you still picked what you did. It seems clear that he has plenty of things going on, a company to run and such, so would you rather have him answering every question that rolls into his office? Or finding the quickest solution to the problem without compromising the quality or integrity of the product he sells? If your whole reason for registering is to only talk about how bad a product/vendor/manufacturer is then go buy an NCStar scope, use it for 5 minutes and then go tell everyone in the world how you feel.

Buyer beware.

</div></div>

Dude, give it a rest already or try this.......

vagisil.jpg

</div></div>

You hardly sound like you have resolution with this. Reading your first post and then this you already knew what the problem was but for some reason had to bitch whine, and to the wrong crowd at that. I've also waited for an email response from Matt but his public posting two days ago is more than enough for me. Hell it could have been another month but I know from here and other forums he's top notch regarding his customer service. Life happens, hit the road and shankster I'll contribute if I can join you.

Flyingbullseye