• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Wotac optics - Review

GeorgeD

Private
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2010
Wotac scopes - a horrible product and horrible customer service to go with it.

Just over a year ago I purchased a Wotac 4-14x50 (http://www.sightwonders.com/wotac-4-14x50-sfp-epb-reticle.html). It has been one of the worst experiences with a product and company I have ever had. I would not recommend them to anyone.

At first the scope seemed ok quality for $330. Around the 150 round mark things started to go awry. It no longer would hold zero and the glass began to get a bit fuzzy. Around 200 rounds the rear bell loosened up and would spin around freely. The parallax adjustment would no longer bring objects into focus. The last time I shot with it the reticle came loose and tilted 45 degrees. At this point it was no longer useable and time to send it in for warranty.

This is were the experience got bad. I dont mind when a product breaks, it happens, **** breaks. I judge a company by how they take care of a problem when it occurs. So I tried contacting Wotac for warranty information, I called over a dozen times with no return call, and sent 3 emails. Finally I recieved a call and was told to send the scope for repair. This was three weeks ago.

The scope was sent with a description of the problems. When I was told to send it back. I was also told most claims were handled within 48 hrs from recieving the broken product, usually a brand new scope being set as a replacement. I gave Wotac a week to contact me from delivery until I started calling. I have called everyday for the past week and a half and sent 2 emails. I have heard nothing back from the company.

This is where I stand. I am pissed off. So I will say it again, DO NOT purchase anything from Wonder Optics. Unless you want a piece of junk with a lifetime warranty that you can not get replaced.

Before you think 'this guy just got a bad unit', I know of two more scopes that suffered the same problems. The owners had the same experiences with bad customer service. Maybe they will chime in.

George

Re: Wotac optics - Review

I have 5 of these and they have all worked fine and all have a high round count except my 338 Win Mag. only has around 125 under it. If you want to talk to Matt call early in the morning I talk to him every time. I recommend these and will buy more for me they are great.

I was one of the other two guys that also had a WOTAC fail. I spent 3 weeks chasing the owner and by the time I had heard back from him (had to make a post here also publicly) I had already made arrangements for it to have a new owner so that he could try out the "lifetime warranty".

I chalked it up to a lessen learned. I will send anyone I can to any company other than Wotac. Piss poor product, with even worse business man.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bpipe95</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was one of the other two guys that also had a WOTAC fail. I spent 3 weeks chasing the owner and by the time I had heard back from him (had to make a post here also publicly) I had already made arrangements for it to have a new owner so that he could try out the "lifetime warranty".

I chalked it up to a lessen learned. I will send anyone I can to any company other than Wotac. Piss poor product, with even worse business man.

</div></div>

Since you did not state so, I hope you let the new owner know that he was buying a broken scope that you had a hard time getting a hold of the owner. A one man company can not provide good customer service!

I took a huge loss and he was made aware at the point of sale.

It makes it harder for one man to run a business when the product is junk and fails over and over again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eclipse57</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Since you did not state so, I hope you let the new owner know that he was buying a broken scope that you had a hard time getting a hold of the owner. <span style="text-decoration: underline">A one man company can not provide good customer service!</span></div></div>

LOL..... <span style="font-weight: bold">YES YOU CAN!!!!!!</span> all you have to do it reply to an email or just call the person back or text, its 2012 send a text. It’s easy to provide customer service and this is what sets other companies a part especially now a days.

This company lost business because he cant follow through. You don't ignore people especially when they invested money into your product. People and I included bought Matt's product, after 6 months the scope wont hold zero and fails. After 3-6 weeks of no response from Matt people tend to get upset because they have a $300 paper weight that comes with a "lifetime warranty". Then Matt finally gets back to you saying "Oh sorry i was busy please send the broken scope back".

You can spend a billion dollars in advertising and all it takes to ruin a reputation/product is word of mouth.

Four of these scopes failed and failed on four people that are involved in the shooting community and I know these scopes do not get recommended.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnnyfamous</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eclipse57</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Since you did not state so, I hope you let the new owner know that he was buying a broken scope that you had a hard time getting a hold of the owner. <span style="text-decoration: underline">A one man company can not provide good customer service!</span></div></div>

LOL..... <span style="font-weight: bold">YES YOU CAN!!!!!!</span> all you have to do it reply to an email or just call the person back or text, its 2012 send a text. It’s easy to provide customer service and this is what sets other companies a part especially now a days.

This company lost business because he cant follow through. You don't ignore people especially when they invested money into your product. People and I included bought Matt's product, after 6 months the scope wont hold zero and fails. After 3-6 weeks of no response from Matt people tend to get upset because they have a $300 paper weight that comes with a "lifetime warranty". Then Matt finally gets back to you saying "Oh sorry i was busy please send the broken scope back".

You can spend a billion dollars in advertising and all it takes to ruin a reputation/product is word of mouth.

Four of these scopes failed and failed on four people that are involved in the shooting community and I know these scopes do not get recommended. </div></div>

You are so right. Just google and read the horror stories. At one time I was interested till I read the responses here and other places.

I was in the same boat as the rest of yall but decided to go somewhere else.

Always remember the old saying....If it is too good to be true it must be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TXSTDU</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was in the same boat as the rest of yall but decided to go somewhere else.

Always remember the old saying....If it is too good to be true it must be. </div></div>

I'm with you. The power of the internet is amazing. After reading some of the horror stories here and other sites I go to, it makes me wonder if people are stupid or just don't give a damn.

I recieved my scope back yesterday, STILL BROKEN, in the same packaging I sent. It was shipped to Wotac's PO box address listed on their website it was returned to me with a label from the post office saying 'unclaimed'. I have emailed and called Wotac with no answer.

This guy is a complete scum bag. I will be filling a claim with the BBB. I hope no one ever does business with this company.
Im sure their will be more updates to come.

George

I bought my 1rst WoTac about 4 yrs. ago. It was a Gen.1, it failed, "back then" he would pick the phone up personally each time I called, he sent me a Gen.2, I'm thinking "sweet", it failed, next came the Gen.3, it's on a .223 and is now 3yrs. old with no problems-yet.
I also took a chance on 3 Gen.5 scopes, one has been replaced already, the other pair still function OK.
When he started selling scopes faster than he could make them they [the scopes]turned to s--t. I no longer have such a high opinion of him or his product anymore, he has lost a loyal customer because of greed, ignorance, his version of supply and demand, hell I don't know.
When I do the math, I purchased 6 and had 3 fail, is his glass half empty or half full, don't know but his scopes are half-assed.

This just keeps getting better....

Call a customer tell them a new scope is on the way only to have the original damaged unit show up.

What a crooked thief, gotta love the false advertising of a "lifetime warranty".