• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Would you pay $1,000 + for this action?

Re: Would you pay $1,000 + for this action?

6.5BR,

there are a lot of people who understand how you feel but something you should know about this site is that its members are VERY loyal to accepted manufacturers or smiths. lick your wounds and move on or grow some very thick skin!

chuck

$1,000 is a lot of coin for anyone....dude you could have went out and got some part time work and made that easy in the time and effort you've spent posting your rant on what 3 different sites in the past week?

Let it go already.....

You had every right to be upset, no one has argued that fact. The manner in which you presented it here is what chapped so many peoples butts. You did not handle it well at all and you are now hearing why, but still in denial. I hope that you find perfection somewhere in life. If you depend up anyone for perfection, you are setting up your whole life for serious let downs. People make mistakes. It is how these are handled that is important.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6.5BR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MuleHunter, I have no beef with what you guys buy, use, or recommend.

1sikpupi......if you bought a 50k Mercedes and you had a dent in your door, and you just rec'd the car, got it home, saw it, <span style="font-weight: bold">then called the dealer, emailed them, and still heard nothing from them, for 3 days, would you be pissed? </span>
</div></div>

I do remember you saying that BAT had tried to call you back and left a message. So it seems as if they wanted to right the wrong that was done, but you were so enraged that you wanted nothing to do with it. But i do believe you made this post a little prematurely. Now if BAT had told you to piss off and deal with, sure blast away, but they didnt so i think that i would have waited to see what they did to fix the problem. YMMV

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$1,000 is a lot of coin for anyone....dude you could have went out and got some part time work and made that easy in the time and effort you've spent posting your rant on what 3 different sites in the past week?

Let it go already..... </div></div>

well put !

You were upset over a couple scratches that would be easily covered up in the coating process????? Who gives a rats ass!!!!??? USE THE DAMN RIFLE, its not a trophy wife.

You let the "pros" at Bass Pro inspect your action... haha now THAT is funny to me.

Good luck in whatever else you do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6.5BR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">McKinney, the facts are the facts.

<span style="color: #FF0000">We don't know them all do we? </span>

I have NO obligation to the buyer, once I paid my money for a promise of unexcelled quality, and they failed me, there was ZERO respect for them or obligation.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Sort of, kind of. It's the duty of the MFR to supply goods of reasonable quality. It would also be reasonable for them to have a chance to fix it. It does not sound like they got this chance before you went off. Unreasonable on your part.</span>

Having spent large hard earned bucks, only to discover you get trash product due to what I call, "DELIBERATE INTENTIONAL OVERSIGHT"

<span style="color: #FF0000">Oh? Please explain this a bit more. What proof do you have they sent this out knowing or on purpose?
You would really sound like a ranting idiot if you couldn't supply this information....</span>

MY action was NOT right when it left. It NEVER should have left.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Has ANYONE argued this? Most rational people understand this goes on from time to time with EVERYTHING.
EVERY product. How it's resolved is the important thing. </span>

As to it being taken care of, I TOTALLY lost interest in owning or using the action after seeing the garbage they put out.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Ah, so you didn't give them a chance and went off on a hissy fit? What a horrible way to live.</span>

That's just tough if many of you don't like how I handled it, or if the truth hurts. Call a spade a spade. I speak facts and they are what they are, as stated.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Sure, it sounds like you have some unresolved issues and delusions about the world being a perfect place.
You got a product that was not acceptable and instead of being a man, being calm and rational you have gone off your rocker, ranting, attacking and acting like a kid who got the wrong doll for Christmas.</span>

I lost any excitement I had for the BAT after failing to receive a prompt satisfactory response. That was something that was never coming back, nor was I willing to waste more time to see if they would do me right.

<span style="color: #FF0000">How long did you wait? What response were you given? You said three days? What facts are you not telling us? </span>

Do your customers right, the first time, and/or make it right in PRONTO fashion or get left behind the competition.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Grow up
smile.gif
</span>

</div></div>

Mate, one day you are going to have some REAL issues and deal with someone who WILL screw you over. It won't be a tiny little issue which would, could and was going to be fixed ASAP. By that stage of course everyone is going to think you are a ranting looney and not pay any attention. time to step back and think about the responses you have gotten and grow up.

Hey Chuck, I am loyal also, put in an order today with Jim Borden and ordered action #3 and 4, so he has earned my business for 4 actions.....so far. SO, #2 action was on order, so I will get my NEXT 3 actions from him in a few months. Cannot wait.

As to how I dealt with My problem I am happy with, as it WAS my problem because BAT sent out a PROBLEM PRODUCT not up to their own promises in QC, and since BAT did not make an effort other than the one phone message on my home #.....no other attempt via phone or email until Bruce got pissed 3 days later. He dropped the ball.

I have no wounds to lick. My problem is gone, I am financially whole again, and wish you, BAT, and the folks there the best.

I will do my business elsewhere and happy to do so.

There is not ONE of you who would take a dremel tool to your action and replicate what mine looked like, NOR would you be happy with what I received. As to YOUR expectations in customer service, what constitutes an adequate response, and timely response, that is subjective. Same as just what value/quality you expect, based on a mfg. claim on product quality you ACTUALLY RECEIVE for YOUR hard earned dollars.

I paid my dollars with PERFECTLY good USA Dollars, Not dollars that were LESS than promised on the note. My action on the other hand was LESS than promised.

NOT ONE of you bitchin at me would knowingly Order an action and pay top dollar if you knew in advance it would look like mine.

I am sure Bruce and others at BAT are doing their damnest to do damage control here, but it could have been easily avoidable if they had NEVER allowed that action out the door.

SOMEBODY KNEW it was messed up when it went out. THAT was on BAT. Not me.

Again, best to ALL of you, inc. you guys trying to cut me down, and defend BAT. I am sure BAT has/can/does and will make good products going forward........but so do others, as I know and will support.

Spend your money as you choose, and I will do the same.

Caveat Emptor.

what i am hearing from you is you have never made a mistake in life?

Because that is the standard you are holding them too. Since you believe in that standard I hope you live your life the exact same way. If not, Shame on you!

I do not even think he gave them 3 business days, and during this time missed a call from them. This is just petty and bordering on slander. Good luck with your Borden actions, they are very nice...not as good as a BAT IMO but very nice. I am sure that your opinion will differ.

You sure a customer that I would never want to deal with as you are indeed too perfect to do business with IMO. You mean to tell me that you have never let anyone down that you care about in your life? Do you honestly believe that BAT intentionally let this pass on purpose? They have employees, not a chief cook and bottle washer doing everything. People (i.e. employees) do not have their reputation on the line, and even the best of them can get complacent at times. You were a complete ass and it is starting to sound like that YOU are the one hiding something. Why go off in public over something that you never even allowed the manufacturer the opportunity to address. Do you work for Borden? It almost sounds like it, but I know that Jim Borden would never hire an asshole to work for him. Get a life slug.

You talk about "your hard earned cash" that you had to save for and now you have all of a sudden you buy 4 actions in less than a month? You are either a drama queen, a liar or all of the above.

You are too cool for your own good or anybody that has to deal with you on a daily basis.

Can't imagine what he would do if he ever got a bad Borden action...
laugh.gif

To expect a purchase that is man-made to be absolutely perfect in every way, just because you spent a large sum of your "hard earned cash" on it is unrealistic. I'd hate to deal with someone like you in a new-home purchase...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McKinneyMike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
You talk about "your hard earned cash" that you had to save for and now you have all of a sudden you buy 4 actions in less than a month? You are either a drama queen, a liar or all of the above.
</div></div>

I noticed this and was thinking the same thing.

How many here think 6.5BR left a reasonable message for BAT. After reading everything he's posted in this thread, no one could convince me he didn't "lose it" the instant he saw the problem and show his ass right out of the gate. If I ever buy a custom action I will look at BAT first. Any company that tried to call 6.5BR to address the problem, even once, must be a good bunch of people.

Damn ... and I thought <span style="font-style: italic">I </span>was an impatient MFer.
laugh.gif

True, my patience grew very thin over 3 days, and I did not lose it with them before, but I did after reading my email from BAT. I could have had a phone call and the outcome may have been different.

Uhh, Eddybo, if I showed a pic of my borden action's feed ramp next to the BAT, it is EASY to see which is the better of the two
smile.gif

I never had a Borden before and have zero personal interest in him or his company, but did get treated right by his quality product the FIRST time and by God Jim sent me a perfect action the first time, just as he got paid perfectly for his build, 100%. He's earned my business and will get more in my lifetime by me and referrals.

As to my finances, I am not wealthy, but I am willing to INVEST in QUALITY and will handle the payment of the balance when my actions are finished in 3 months. It's a matter of priorities, and I value my hobby, which is why I ordered actions from what I thought were the best in the business. One proved me right, another disappointed me by letting me down, and though I never felt it was personal in why I ended up on the receiving end of a bad action, I did take it less than personal in how they dealt with an unhappy customer. I truly wish no bad on BAT or it's employees, and hope they do well going forward, but I REFUSE to compromise on MY standards of expectations in quality rec'd for my dollar. People either do things right, or not. Borden got it right, BAT did not. That was MY experience, the first with each, and hey, YMMV.

Again, buy what you like guys. I am happy now and will be in the future. To me, it's IMPORTANT when I pay TOP dollar for a TOP brand, for a reputed TOP quality product, to GET what I paid for built right the FIRST Time, or I dang sure better get a sincere apology and an offer to make it right in a hurry - the reply and the solution. I got neither.

You guys enjoy your holiday weekend and whatever you go forth in your purchases and don't worry about me, I am just fine
smile.gif

Good day.

Uhhh 6.5BR we are each entitled to our opinions. You have voiced your opinion as to what you beleive customer service should be. I and nearly every other person who read your thread here and on 24hr campfire think that your expectations are unreasonable.
This is one of those situations where you need to ask yourself, is it me, or is it them. In this case it is you.

Eddy, YOU and the few other posters who have slammed me, are NOT the majority of readers.

Action was sold, call BAT and ask if they have any more BLEMS you can buy for 2 bills
wink.gif

I am looking at buying a BAT based on recommendations from this site and a few others. I have NOT been deterred by this post. I agree that one has to let the MFG. make it right first, I have dealt with some other mfgrs on different issues and they ALL,so far, been quite willing to make it right. Afterall the net is such an information gathering point that ones reputation can be ruined very quickly.
Too bad this had to happen, but it is a man made product and hence subject to some degree of error.
Posting here and elsewhere and complaining as was done was not the right thing to do.
My tag line says it all concerning this thread....

This kind of crap will follow you a long time. Honor is not a some vague ideology. It is a moral value.

Just my .02

BTW...Kentuckyshooter338. I agree its a damn rifle use it. But why not "use" the trophywife too???
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ill give you 200 bucks for the action right now ................</div></div>

I'll trade him brand new and absolutely unusable Lee Challenger Reloading kit for it.
laugh.gif

6.5BR,

Wow. You handled this WAY wrong. The EXACT same way my two year old gets when he asks for chocolate milk and I hand him a sippy and forgot the Hershey's syrup, a true wine tit. Before I can even fix it for him, he runs to mom crying thinking she will somehow give a shit that there is no chocolate in his cup.

I've never had Daryle not pick up the phone at BAT. Not ONCE. If you were so concerned, and you were wearing thin after three days, why did you not call? He answers. I know. I've never had him not.

How do you know that BAT intentionally sent you this? Do you know that someone at BAT said "Aww fuck it. 6.5BR won't notice this."

I've had quality custom actions fail. Its a bitch, I know. But, here's the deal. Its a man, who makes a machine, that makes an action, that gets inspected by a man, packaged by a man, transported by a truck driven by a man, that gets shipped to a man, that you, a man, pick it up from. Lots of room for human and mechanical error there. Give the man a chance to make it right.

Trash BAT all you want. Don't buy their stuff again. GREAT by me. It means my stuff gets done quicker. I assure you, this is the FIRST negative thread I've seen anywhere regarding BAT Actions or their CS. I've never heard of anyone at matches complaining about BAT other than they are so backlogged, it takes forever to get one of their actions. And their reputation cannot be tarnished by your kind of behavior.

You handled this VERY poorly.

Sometimes by just calling and getting a diff person to talk to makes a world of difference. Maybe they had a bad day and tommrow it gets better. Both sides have to be dipomatic,a little be of gave and above all,be nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6.5BR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eddy, YOU and the few other posters who have slammed me, are NOT the majority of readers.

Action was sold, call BAT and ask if they have any more BLEMS you can buy for 2 bills
wink.gif
</div></div>

6.5BR,
I have not slammed you, just think your post is silly and petty bordering on slander. You have created a real hulabaloo over some cosmetic scratches on a feed ramp. Maybe you should now start a Poll to see if it si you or if it is us, how about this as a title "Did I overreact about the cosmetic scratches on the feed ramp my new custom action that would not effect function and make untrue insiuations about a well respected action maker and make myself look like an ass?"

Notice the lack of personal attacs there. I do not think you are an ass, have not read enough of your posts to know. In fact I think you are probably a good guy who has let his temper get the best of him and who does not know when to shut up. Maybe you can prove me wrong.

Guys, I did call BAT, and nobody p/u the phone, I emailed BAT and the distributor many times. I wish not to trash their name, but was I pissed, hell yes.

Eddy, would you drop 50k on a new auto with a dent in a door? Or would you expect when you cut a check it was 100% when you drove it off the lot? Sure begs the question on your last comment, not to mention those who want to side w/a mfg. who sent out something bad....did the mfg. have fans do damage control for them. I don't really care, but I can GUARANTEE you if BAT had actions for showing/promotion whether at a SHOT SHOW or at a BR match, they would be FLAWLESS and they would inspect them as they should inspect everything that leaves the door, inc. VR..94.

And yes you would be correct, I am a good guy, as I am sure the folks at BAT are, and no I did not feel it was directed towards me that I received a bad action, as it came from a distributor. That said, I have heard from a few that BATs bought thru them had issues.....I don't know if true, or to what extent, or if it is intentional or not, just passing on what I have been told by a few since my issue. That said, if there is a case of 'less than' products being sent out to distributors, that should be made known to the buyer, then the buyers accepts what they are getting, for what they are paying. If it is a mere coincidence and actions with problems have been purchased from distributors in the past as mine was, I can see how it raises the question, and all of that did not come from me, but those who know others who have actions i.e. galling, etc. Again, passing on comments I have been told. Not made up!

Again, I am sure BAT will build good actions and you are welcome to buy/use whatever you wish, but as far as letting the mfg. 'Make it right' .......well I think I did.....when I paid my money for what was touted as 'THE BEST' as in.....MADE RIGHT when it leaves the factory.....the FIRST time.

Sorry guys but I am not compromising my expectations when I buy what is promoted as:

World Class Precision = World Class Performance!
Our products will surpass your strictest requirements.

Here's five reasons why:
We use only the finest materials
Our machines are state of the art
We have years of machinist experience
We stand by our work
We know the rifle business

I am sure MOST BAT actions made have been mfg. well, and hopefully for those who buy them in the future. I tried them once and that was enough for me. I expected something entirely different, esp. in how their response was, so the way I see it, they dropped the ball TWICE on me (the build, and in/when I rec'd a reply), and I was not going to chance a third. My time is valuable and enough has been wasted.

I am happy and wish nothing bad on anyone.

@ Snakum: i had the same reaction reading this post.

Paulus

If BAT had "blem'ed" actions with a few scratches on the feed ramps for $200 I'd grab as many as I can afford right now...
laugh.gif
Same applies to all other manufacturers... Wouldn't mind some "blem'ed" actions from Surgeon or Defiance Machines...
laugh.gif

For someone who feels he was in the right you sure spend a lot of time defending/justifying yourself.

At the end of the day, I doubt that those marks would seriously effect the reliability of a rifle. Personally I don't buy my guns to look at and take pictures of, I shoot them. Their tools. Who complains when their new crescent wrench has a scratch on it? If you want something pretty, I'm sure there's plenty of people willing to listen over on benchrest.com...

I think what 6.5br is trying to say is he has a little case of OCD (i do to). Perhaps he has just lost confidence in BAT. With the shooting sports alot of the game is mental. If he can't have confidence in his setup when he gets behind the trigger it probably screws with his head (it does me). Ironically that is one of the reasons i bought a BAT, because they are the best. Some guys give up on scope manufacturers and sell them off after one failure because they paid top dollar. Is their expectation unreasonable? Sure, but at the end of the day its their rifle/setup. IMO BAT did nothing wrong here. They made a mistake, tried to make contact to fix it and were denied the right. BAT will most likely NOT lose business over this thread. Alot of the guys that have issues with scope manufacturers will just shop hop until they find one that they think is indestructible (its not) and all is well. What will happen if he gets a sub-par Borden? He will probably switch to Kelby or Nesika. I have learned to use the tools that are best suited to my tastes and fix it if i get a defected one, but thats me. IF i bought a $50,000 dollar sports car with a dent in the door i would drive it right back to the dealer, complain, and then wait agonizingly until it was fixed. Then i would enjoy my $50,000 sports car and move on with my life.

<span style="color: #FF0000">edited to add: i am going to be taking a mill to my very spendy BAT this afternoon to accomodate a Seekins DBM. If i got your action i would bust out the Dremel tool with a polish wheel and make those nicks disapear. </span>

I worked in retail for a LONG time during college and I can't tell you how frustrating it was to deal with people like 6.5BR.

Do you have any kind of education, 6.5? If you ever took a management/business class dealing with "PRODUCTION", you would have learned that it is not feasible to sample EVERY single product for QC. I'm not saying that you shouldn't have high standards when spending $1k on an action, but with your attitude, you won't get very far with even the BEST business' customer support.

You can't expect every business to iron the boxes for you. Why don't you start making your own actions. At least we live in a country where we can buy guns and gun parts.

-Erik

Mabe a nice guy , but a real dipschit in this regard. I might buy a new car with a dent in the door, but I would allow or make the manufacturer repair and or replace the item. I would not sell the car and then jump on the net to get my jollies trying to bash a great company all the while making myself look like an ass. BTW I am not standing up for BAT in regard to the scratches, you have the right to complain about even superficial scratches. It is the way you have handled this that gets my goat......not enough to really piss me off, just barely enough to bother responding to this thread. BAT would have replaced your action within a reasonable time period....probably not within what you think would be reasonable time.

BTW tell us what a hosing you took selling this action....did you lose a dime?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6.5BR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys, I did call BAT, and nobody p/u the phone, I emailed BAT and the distributor many times. I wish not to trash their name, but was I pissed, hell yes.

Eddy, would you drop 50k on a new auto with a dent in a door? Or would you expect when you cut a check it was 100% when you drove it off the lot? Sure begs the question on your last comment, not to mention those who want to side w/a mfg. who sent out something bad....did the mfg. have fans do damage control for them. I don't really care, but I can GUARANTEE you if BAT had actions for showing/promotion whether at a SHOT SHOW or at a BR match, they would be FLAWLESS and they would inspect them as they should inspect everything that leaves the door, inc. VR..94.

And yes you would be correct, I am a good guy, as I am sure the folks at BAT are, and no I did not feel it was directed towards me that I received a bad action, as it came from a distributor. That said, I have heard from a few that BATs bought thru them had issues.....I don't know if true, or to what extent, or if it is intentional or not, just passing on what I have been told by a few since my issue. That said, if there is a case of 'less than' products being sent out to distributors, that should be made known to the buyer, then the buyers accepts what they are getting, for what they are paying. If it is a mere coincidence and actions with problems have been purchased from distributors in the past as mine was, I can see how it raises the question, and all of that did not come from me, but those who know others who have actions i.e. galling, etc. Again, passing on comments I have been told. Not made up!

Again, I am sure BAT will build good actions and you are welcome to buy/use whatever you wish, but as far as letting the mfg. 'Make it right' .......well I think I did.....when I paid my money for what was touted as 'THE BEST' as in.....MADE RIGHT when it leaves the factory.....the FIRST time.

Sorry guys but I am not compromising my expectations when I buy what is promoted as:

Here's five reasons why:
We stand by our work

I am sure MOST BAT actions made have been mfg. well, and hopefully for those who buy them in the future. I tried them once and that was enough for me. I expected something entirely different, esp. in how their response was, so the way I see it, they dropped the ball TWICE on me (the build, and in/when I rec'd a reply), and I was not going to chance a third. My time is valuable and enough has been wasted.

I am happy and wish nothing bad on anyone. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6.5BR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys, I did call BAT, and nobody p/u the phone, I emailed BAT and the distributor many times. I wish not to trash their name, but was I pissed, hell yes.

Here's five reasons why:
We stand by our work

You act as if you bought the action and knew it was damaged before you paid for it, and then stomp up and down that your hard earned cash was wasted on someone's malicious intent to ruin your day. Your 50k car analogy holds no water. What reasonable person has the perception of buying a 50k car with a dent? No one. The correct analogy is buying the car, driving it home and you finding a dent. Your way of dealing with it is to take pictures, post them on a forum and cry like a baby that you just spent 50k on a car with a dent so everyone will feel sorry for you.

Call the friggin dealer and tell them what you found before your skirt gets all bunched up and any reputable dealer will fix it immediately and probably give you a loaner in the meantime.

When you figure out that people are just mere humans and make mistakes every second of every day, you will realize it's not the mistake that matters but how we deal with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McKinneyMike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He sold it on 6mmbr forums for what he paid for it, from what I gathered from the thread over there. Guess someone else was not too worried about the scratches. </div></div>

He had a thread on 6mmBR as well as 24hr campfire? Did he have one on Benchrest Central too?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6.5BR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, IN FULL DISCLOSURE was how the action was sold. Having been instructed by the buyer to ship it to BAT, I am very suspicious it was a 'Feaux' attempt to get it off the market asap.

The action was ordered from a distributor, shipped to my local Bass Pro, the info was not shown in the photo as they had NO responsibility for the QC issue. The Mgr. at Bass Pro inspected BOTH actions, my Borden and BAT, and told me there were some ISSUES with the BAT and pointed them out.

I emailed and phoned the mfg./owner of BAT w/o contact made, and rec'd an unsatisfactory response 3 days later. That was all the time/patience, and headache I wanted to give it.

BAT had a shot at earning a customer for life, but the blew it.

One shot is sometimes all you get and once is all I am willing to try spending 1k + to get CHIT in return.

Mistakes happen, but BAT did not respond quickly enough....or with an acceptable solution, nor apology.

My time is valuable, my money hard earned, and I have been burned by Remington and a few others in the past, and cut my losses in time/energy spent to deal with a headache like this and hope none of you DECENT people on the board have to go thru it either.

I will now send my bbl and new Borden action that was mfg. FLAWLESS w/o defects or QC issues, by a man who earned my business, always treated me right and deserves my business and recommendation if one wants it. I have a BR Hall of Famer gunsmith who will assemble it (not Jim Borden so no I have no angle here). I am confident I will be very pleased w/my build and will not need to wait for a possible solution on something that was defective when it left BAT.

You guys crack me up throwing insults at me. I never ordered a botched, blem/2nd action, nor payed for one, and rightfully so had a reason to be pissed. VERY good chance posters on many boards are trying to stand up for BAT, because they have a close relationship, or perhaps work there. I can care less.

I have my money back, and the buyer will have to get the action straight (unless it's a cover). He has more patience and time than I perhaps, but I prefer people to do something right the first time. If any gunsmith screws up work on YOUR project, and you have to deal w/the solution, you will be pissed, and out of time and money spent. If you have yet to experience it but later do, then YOU will understand.

Good day gentlemen, the rest......good luck
smile.gif

</div></div>

Are you bored? You strike me as the type that has a lot of time on his hands to do nothing more than find ways to stir up some shit. with all the time you've spent complaining, you could've boxed that shit up and sent it back, or fixed it yourself.

Good day SIR (lol)

o lest I forget, do you know someone by the name of Chot-tha?

I put it for sale on a few sights, but no, I never wrote about it on BR central, as I said, my goal was not to ruin BAT as you guys want to defend.

We can agree to disagree in what we expect for our individuals dollars spent, and/or how a mfg. chooses to handle it.

I have a build in progress this coming week with my Borden action that will not be delayed had I elected to wait and see what BAT might do. As to WHEN I called BAT, I don't have my phone records, but surely you must work for BAT to ask..

WOW, I think most of you are full of crap to say you honestly believe spending top dollar for what I received was ordinary and expected. No Sir.

If BAT is the best, then the pics would not have shown any defects, PERIOD. Maybe YOUR BATs were well made, but the only one affecting me, my build, and my pocketbook was the one that I received.

As to Eddy's definition of Gouges being termed 'scratches' well it's an ill fated attempt to play down what I received. It was not merely scratches my friend.

Since you Eddy tend to LIKE the cosmetic touches on my BAT, I am sure BAT will build one to YOUR request if you just show them a pic of the action I rec'd and tell them to replicate it. Be sure to let them know you will pay FULL Price for the order.

UNBELIEVABLE the BS that you guys say to defend a mfg.

Not one of you, would not throw a fit upon discovering the issues if I sold that above action to you for full price KNOWINGLY, w/o full disclosure.

NOT One. So it is with I. Being sold an action pawned off as new, to new specs and QC standards clearly implied by the mfg. is in essence conning or scamming the customer. Nothing else.

I don't accept being conned or scammed and refuse to let someone do it w/o being called out on it.

A legit mistake followed by a quick sincere apology and offer for an immediate resolution is something different. This was not the situation.

Have a great day guys
smile.gif

No one said that they would be happy. They are just saying that we would have worked with BAT to make it right. I would never, not buy the best, just because there was an issue with the one that I got. I fail to see how cutting off your nose to spite your face makes any sense what so ever. Face it you threw a temper tantrum and that is the size of it. You were hopping mad because your ass was not kissed royally. I have never read one bad thing about BAT, ever. Does that mean that something like your situation has never happened? I doubt it. Most people would have chosen to have it corrected, not fly off the handle in a 3 year old fit. Maturity is a gift, not an attribute of age.

Here's five reasons why:
We stand by our work

Clearly you haven't been to SHOT show. Go take a look at most of the products there and see the scratches and handling marks on them. They are far from perfect especially at the end of the show when about 100,000 people have walked around touching them.

3 days is hardly enough time for a manufacturer of a custom action to fix an issue like this, that is COSMETIC. You are entirely to harsh on customer service policies and your wants out of said manufacturer are above insane. Calm down. There was never a need for this post. No one really cares about your bitch fit or scratches you have on a feed ramp.... guess what it will do that on your Borden actions when you start to feed rounds into it!

GOUGES and Handling marks are different, Mfg defects are not the same as handling marks. I have been to several SHOT Shows Mr. Know it all, and call what you want cosmetic, it was SHODDY work, PERIOD. Obviously YOU have never been to a SHOT Show as not even 5-10k would have touched an action. It's a TRADE show, NOT public. I doubt 500-2500 people will have handled a given action at a SHOT show. Remember, not everybody that attends will have an interest in them, and I don't think 100k badges are issued.

Crazy Dog, call me a liar, all of what I have said is 100% factual.

You guys get pissed because it's the first time someone got a Bad BAT? BS. I highly doubt that. Maybe nobody posted about it.

As to cut off my nose, BS, my Borden is VERY NICE my friends, and it will be doing a damned good job when it's barreled.

Clearly amazing at just how far you guys reach to conjur up misinformation either by fabrication, or simply ASSumptions.

My Borden will NEVER have a feed ramp that looks like the BAT, simply from running rounds thru it. Amazing BS your hogwash is sir. You know that is a lie. 3 days was PLENTY time to have rec'd a phone call, or something better that what I rec'd.

You guys buy whatever you want and be happy, I could care less what you use.

Don't get me wrong, Jim Borden is a fine man and makes a very high quality action to boot. But I doubt that many people would equate a Borden and a BAT as absolutely comparable. The BAT is world renowned for its engineering, but I guess you will never know that now. You keep saying that you got an email from BAT, but never mentioned what was said in it. Any reason for that?

You are in complete denial about how poorly you handle this and refuse to see it. So be it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6.5BR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
You guys get pissed because it's the first time someone got a Bad BAT? BS. I highly doubt that. Maybe nobody posted about it.

</div></div>

I doubt this was the first bad BAT. My guess is that anyone else just would have handled it with some common sense and patience rather than being a little bitch about it.

How about taking a look at Libertyoptic's review of the SHOT 2010 6.5BR and see if he mentions anything about high end scope manufacturers displaying scopes that seemed like they were prototypes that are not in finished form, but was told they were actually production models?! I agree with vendors putting their best face forward but to say they won't show products with flaws (knowingly or unknowingly) at these national/international shows is naive at best. And no I'm not referring only to handling marks...

You keep telling people to go buy what they want (meaning BAT) and that you could care less, but you failed to see that most people in this thread are actually commenting on your method of handling this situation... Something is missing here... I don't doubt that the details of the situation you've shared here is "100% factual", I just doubt you've shared 100% of the details.

Quote: "Clearly amazing at just how far you guys reach to conjur up misinformation either by fabrication, or simply ASSumptions."

- Funny you should mention this... Maybe you should read your own post about how BAT knowingly sent you a defective product...

Actually 6.5 I go to SHOT show every year. You sound like a spoiled baby...