• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Would you put your rifle through this!!!

Just after this muddy prone stage my bolt would barely close because there was so much grit in it. The safety crunched when I flipped it. Mud on the scope lense? Check. I washed entire gun down with bottled water. When I got back to the hotel, I cleaned the bolt under the faucet. The day after (second day of the match) it ran flawlessly. I had a blast. When your gun is worn out, scratched, and dinged up, that is just a sign that you have a favorite. I get it, mine is not a 5 k custom, but I treat it like one.View attachment 6938100

That mud looks like the Steel City match.

Rig up an old fishing reel to attach to an arca rail and drop a line over the side of the boat while you cross the pond. Might as well bring lunch to the island...

I would put my tactical gear through any or most of the condition you stated there she isn’t a collectible or safe queen a little cleaning a oil after a rough day would do.

I have an uncle who’s hunted all over the world with a Sako safari .375. Once while on a brown bear hunt in Alaska he leaned the rifle agains a rock in a large cove. He turned his back on it while doing other things for a half hour or so. When he went to get the rifle, he saw that the tide had come in a completely submerged it. He managed to find it after feeling around in the water. He simply walked inland to a freshwater stream and dunked it to get the salt off. He serviced completely when he got home. He’s pretty anal about keeping things nice, but would admit that if he had to choose to stay home and not mess it up, or drag it halfway around the world to go kill something, he’d certainly do the latter. I’d have to agree. I’ve handled that .375 somewhat recently. While it has some handling wear, the gun looks fantastic imo. His hunting days are mostly over, but that gun has a few lifetimes left in it imo.

Does your uncle go by the monniker "Goddamnright" or "Larry"?

Just curious.

USMC ranges are next to some of the saltiest, nastiest water imaginable. We drug our rifles through New River and in the ocean off Onslow Beach for years. The Corps has been doing it for decades. Nothing a little CLP won't fix ?