• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Would You Wait 8 Months For A Scope?

Re: Would You Wait 8 Months For A Scope?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am curious if you were offered any sort of compensation for the trouble... say a 10% refund and having your build moved to the front of the line, ships within 3 weeks?</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again, I'm just curious what their response was to this and if they made any attempts to make you happy.</div></div>

??? </div></div>

this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am curious if you were offered any sort of compensation for the trouble... say a 10% refund and having your build moved to the front of the line, ships within 3 weeks?</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again, I'm just curious what their response was to this and if they made any attempts to make you happy.</div></div>

??? </div></div>

No DP, no compensation or discount, but they would start building it this week, but a pretty nice dude named Arnold(?), said he wasn't going to "shizz me" and say it would be done by Friday. No firm ship date, but I believe him when he said that they would start this week. I'm not an engineer, I don't have a clue as to the build time. 1 or 2 weeks, I don't know.

Ask yourself this: Why would a guy that has quite a few scopes from a manufacturer do a complete 180? Something had to happen.

No DP, no discounts, but they would start the build this week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 997/2man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes I have, Stan. 3 times, at least. They did send me a SN-12R yesterday, but for anyone who is familiar with the USO product line, they are quite dissimilar.

But again, maybe that's just me.

Oh, it's been 8 months, not 7. </div></div>

Biting my tongue right now…..

All I can say is that U.S. Optics would no longer like to have you as a customer. You have treated my employees in a terrible fashion for something that they are completely not in control of. <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">If you want to yell at anyone, yell at me, not a poor little girl that is answering the phones.</span></span></span>
John III </div></div>

As I said before, I've been in similar situations- with Seekins... and also with Bushnell on the new FLP spotter than ended up getting put on hold indefinitely. I waited about 5 times longer than I was told, and was even willing to continue waiting... The rep however had to tell me the bad news, told me he'll be sending me a FREE product to substitute the one I ordered, and returning my money order. He did this because I was understanding and professional, did not make myself to be a total pain in the ass.

THAT is how you handle business transactions gone awry with companies that are known to be honest with great customer service. Your mouth likely prevented you from getting your optic expedited with a 10-30% refund.

I can only assume the offer you mentioned was after you bitched out the girl who works the phones?

I'll tell you this much, your side of the story... it doesn't makes much sense. You're telling me that you have bought 8 scopes from them before... they screw up one... out of a total of 9... they offer to immediately start the build on the replacement... and you pretty much tell them to pound sand? Does this really sound like a reasonable story here? I don't think it does.

My guess is you have a short temper and don't like it when things don't go your way. You chewed ass on the phone girl, so they decided they'd make it right, but not go above and beyond... you felt you did not get what you were entitled to and thus all this bullshit blew up. That sounds a little more realistic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 997/2man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am curious if you were offered any sort of compensation for the trouble... say a 10% refund and having your build moved to the front of the line, ships within 3 weeks?</div></div>

??? </div></div>

No DP, no compensation or discount, but they would start building it this week, but a pretty nice dude named Arnold(?), said he wasn't going to "shizz me" and say it would be done by Friday. No firm ship date, but I believe him when he said that they would start this week. I'm not an engineer, I don't have a clue as to the build time. 1 or 2 weeks, I don't know.

Ask yourself this: Why would a guy that has quite a few scopes from a manufacturer do a complete 180? Something had to happen.

</div></div>

My SN4 took three weeks to build- I was notified when build started and given a tracking number when it shipped.

So they offered to build you the scope you wanted and expediate it to you in two weeks for what I'm presuming is free, and you told them to shove it, then you go on the internet and badmouth them. You're exactly the kind of customer no one wants to deal with, it now makes sense why John said he no longer wants business from you.

No DP, I bought 5 directly from them, 2 from retailers, this would have made the 8th.

Excuse me, but after waiting 8 months and receiving the wrong scope, yeah, they can pack sand.

And the lovely receptionist is the employee that took the FEDEX instructions that were completely ignored. Any one on the forum ever have a bad time with FEDEX/UPS/USPS? If someone, anyone had done their job, I wouldn't have had to try and chase down a FEDEX truck at 5:00 on a Friday afternoon. It was supposed to be shipped 2nd Day, no, not going to happen, 5 Day Ground.

Whatever.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 997/2man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am curious if you were offered any sort of compensation for the trouble... say a 10% refund and having your build moved to the front of the line, ships within 3 weeks?</div></div>

??? </div></div>

My last 2 SN-4s took a long time, but they sent the right scopes.
My last 2 SN-4s took 6 months. But after 6 months they sent the right scopes.

</div></div>

My SN4 took three weeks to build- I was notified when build started and given a tracking number when it shipped. </div></div>

The last 2 SN-4s I bought took a long time, but I got the right scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 997/2man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No DP, I bought 5 directly from them, 2 from retailers, this would have made the 8th.

Excuse me, but after waiting 8 months and receiving the wrong scope, yeah, they can pack sand.

And the lovely receptionist is the employee that took the FEDEX instructions that were completely ignored. Any one on the forum ever have a bad time with FEDEX/UPS/USPS? If someone, anyone had done their job, I wouldn't have had to try and chase down a FEDEX truck at 5:00 on a Friday afternoon. It was supposed to be shipped 2nd Day, no, not going to happen, 5 Day Ground.

Whatever.
</div></div>

I hate to tell you this, you're making yourself look bad right now.

Since when do you bitch out the person who is likely the lowest paid? Do you have no idea at all how to conduct business? IF she screwed up, you ask to speak to whoever her supervisor is. You do not take the issue up with her. This is standard practice in any sort of business dealings.

I'll say it- I think you might have a little bit of a case of vaginitis. There you go- If you're such a USO fan that you own 7 of their scopes, all bought brand new... and one bad experience is enough for you to pour fuel all over the bridge and light the fucker on fire... Well, you are not a rational person.

That is the best explanation I can come up with- you are not a rational person.

edit:
What I was saying was the build time was 3 weeks- not the wait. I waited about 6 months from when ordered to when delivered

Oh side-note... do you drive/own a Porsche 997?

Anyone care to know my USO is on the QC rack and was completed in 6 weeks???
laugh.gif

So how do we get from here:
Screenshot2012-04-03at25929AM-1.png

To here:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 997/2man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Whatever.
</div></div>

In about three months and two weeks?

Short answer, yes. DP425, I think you're on the right track.

I don't know about some of you, but I thought patience is a large part of sniping and tactical precision marksmanship. Waiting for that optimal target exposure, wind conditions, etc. Sitting still in an OP/FFP for days on end watching absolutely nothing for that one chance exposure or event, and God help you if you miss it.

Is this the difference between those who've entered into the sport and lifestyle as a hobby, and those of us who've done this for real? Is it just the internet and next-day shipping generation that's created this "I want it now or I'm going to bitch and moan on _______ forum" attitude? Or is this just a sampling of an individual case that gets the exposure vs. hundreds of those who have the patience to wait? I think I get it now...

I have waited longer than that, am waiting longer than that, and will continue to wait patiently. Precision takes a high caliber of time, equipment, and skilled personnel to do it right.

It seems you came on here looking to get your ego stroked. Look elsewhere for that.

Patience is a virtue.

I enjoyed this drama to much. What the hell is wrong with me

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: midkansasguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I enjoyed this drama to much. What the hell is wrong with me </div></div>

My wife watches telenovelas that aren't this much fun

Yup sounds like a complaining thread, I have had the pleasure of meeting JWIII, Arnold and Jason. They have always impressed the hell out of me. I'm a nobody and they remember my name and take the time to talk with me. If JWIII says;

"We don't want you as a customer"

You must have really gone out of your way.

Oh and Yes.

Once in a while, something or someone will impress me. It doesn't happen very often, sad to say. But today was different because I was impressed by actions, not just words and the wave of a hand. Occasionally, these actions have a humbling effect, far beyond the descriptive powers of this writer.

I was wrong.

I would like to say that again.

I was wrong.

Please don't judge, as we all have the capacity for error, all of us.

U.S. Optics is one of the finest companies I have ever had the good fortune to do business with. Their products speak for themselves, the staff, guys and gals, are some of the best in the firearms industry. All of our shooting communities are indeed quite fortunate that U.S. Optics is such an outstanding asset, an American owned, American staffed company, that provides us with such high quality products.

They took an unfortunate situation that had no winners, and made it into something that was a win for all parties involved.

Again, I would like to say "Thank You" to everyone at U.S. Optics.

And, to answer my own question, "Would you wait 8 months for a scope?"

Yes. As long as that scope was made by U.S. Optics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 997/2man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Simple yes or no, [...] </div></div>

Should have put a poll...

Yes. As someone else said- Everything takes too damn long in this hobby. Must be about three months ago now that my smith said, "I've got a bunch of barrels coming in at the end of the week."

Which Randal model you have to wait 56 months? This is ridiculous ... Is it gold?

Depends.

If I had another decent optic to use in the mean time, sure, why not.

Words like "stock options" and "Financial Portfolio" are not in my life style's vocabulary, so i wait for 8 months not for the product to arrive, but to save the funds to purchase the product i want... so I'm perfectly fine waiting, and if i wasn't, I'd go get a degree in business and buy the stuff i want from people who already have it for ludicrous amounts of money earned by familiarizing myself with words like "stock options" and "Financial Portfolio"... just my 0.76
wink.gif

I honestly don't know i didn't have to wait for any part of my current build other than shipping...i've waited a month for a BCM lower and yeah it was worth it to me because i wanted that logo. Other than that my McMA5, USO, etc. didn't have to wait.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Radar86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This hobby requires patience, both for equipment/components and in the field/range. Just the way it is.

</div></div>

Agreed, almost every aspect of this hobby requires patience.

i would say yes for a great scope

but i didnt have to wait that long for a premier 5-25 1 week and it was at my door

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone care to know my USO is on the QC rack and was completed in 6 weeks???
laugh.gif
</div></div>

LMFAO
laugh.gif

Just think, if you liked golf, and had a couple hundred thousand dollars to blow on a membership at Congressional Country Club, and somehow got the staff to like you enough to put you on the waiting list (because just having money isn't enough), you'd still have to wait 10+ years to be accepted, and then once you got accepted, you'd still have to wait a minimum of 2 years before you could use the golf facilities.

So when you put it into perspective, 8 months for a scope doesn't sound horrible.

But in all seriousness, I am the most impenitent mofo around, and probably would have gone Wayne Brady on someones ass.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8pklq_ShnbA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8pklq_ShnbA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

if it is worth it yes, I have waited 51 weeks for a stock once, after being quoted 4 months, got to talk with the boss about it and he gave me a price i couldn't refuse. I still order from them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 997/2man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Simple yes or no, would you wait 8 months for a scope? What says the Hide?

After 8 months, I said forget it.

Maybe it's just me.

Ordered a scope in July of 2011, 1/2 down, this week was sent the wrong scope.

To me, no scope is worth an 8 month wait.

I must have had rocks in my head, no more Kool-Aide for me. </div></div>

Never,there are to many good scopes out there whose performances are virtually identical and are in stock. I would switch to an equivalent brand and model that was in stock.

997/2man, I'm glad things worked out well. Overall, I've had good experience with USO, so I'm not surprised by the outcome. Maybe next time 'settle out of court' before airing problems here. JMO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 5.7 2 GO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which Randal model you have to wait 56 months? This is ridiculous ... Is it gold? </div></div>

Doesn't matter which model, they have orders until 2016 and you just get put on the list. Active Mil. gets preference and that's fine by me. I usually order one a year so after a while it's kinda like a one year wait...sorta
smile.gif

i've waited 34 years for a S&B and still dont have it, so yes

I would like to mention that we are now making "production" scopes that are made in the most popular configurations. These will be in stock and available from all USO dealers.

You won't be able to get it made exactly the way you want it, but in return you don't have to wait for the custom build time.
John III

I'm not good enough to know the difference yet but what does that scope do or have that others don't? Unless it turns your bullets into heat seeking missiles that hit bullseye every shot then no.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 997/2man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To me, no scope is worth an 8 month wait.</div></div>I have to agree, only in the firearms industry does this type of behavior survive. In any other industry this would be unacceptable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultraman550</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not good enough to know the difference yet but what does that scope do or have that others don't? Unless it turns your bullets into heat seeking missiles that hit bullseye every shot then no. </div></div> It has the ability to be configured exactly how you want it. Want your windage on the left and parallax control on the right? They do that. Want your own custom reticle? They do that. Want blue or green illumination instead of the standard red? They do that. US Optics is the ONLY company out there that does it, there's a demand for that, hence the backlog.

Shoot enough and you'll realize there are specific preferences you have for weapons and optics that simply aren't available off the shelf. That's where the custom market comes into play, and it's a thriving business for a reason. The reason it takes time is there's only so many people out there with the skills to do that work right, and only so many companies that have the equipment to facilitate this type of gear.

Meh, I'm at 7 months waiting on a scope right now that's much less expensive than a USO, S&B, etc. I missed last hunting season because I don't have a scope on my rifle. I don't care whatsoever, because <span style="font-style: italic">it's the scope I want</span>. The only thing I like is to be kept in the loop by my dealer if there's a huge delay.

What I'm not going to do is call up the manufacturer and cry about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Decider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've waited 18 years for OJ Simpson's son to be charged with murdering those people that no one cares about or remembers... so I can easily wait for an advanced optic... </div></div>
his son jessica? that chicken of the sea is fat waiting for its parasitic larval organism to pop out...but hardly seems iq score enuf to have secretly trayvonned anyone. bet she does eat a lotta skittles tho. my theory is that face down crackwhore houston did it and died of self medicating her guilty concience.