• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wrap It Up - What Rifle Cover

What Rifle Cover & Why???

• Total voters
I have the AG Trojan and use it for extra protection on my scope on a rifle that mostly lives in a soft case in my truck. For that application, it's great. I also have a Sunrise Tactical rifle wrap (wraps around the scope and action) in my pack for use in the rain or if it's crazy windy/dusty. It's a much more minimalist design but works great for keeping water and crap out of your scope and action.

Why just the scope? Get something like the TAB Gear cover for the whole rifle.

I picked up one of these at K&M this year. Allows the ECI to be seen through it.

I got the 56" one which covers my rifle with 26" barrel and a 9" suppressor. 100% waterproof.

Been using scope & crown covers on my two bolt guns (one is from Blackhawk and the other is from Eagle Ind). If I’m running with a brake, I remove the crown cover and just run with the scope cover. My next rifle will be trying the Weibad rifle caddie for scope protection though. Seems like a neat piece of kit. As for covering the whole rifle, I see no point outside of extreme conditions/situations.

Found these guys recently, very lightweight and pack down small.

Reactions: AllAheadFull
When I pasted the link above it would not let me type anymore... Anyway, good price, protects muzzle too, and made in the USA.

LVG MRC.JPG

Reactions: AllAheadFull
Wiebad or Rock Solid Shooting Solutions
Legend! Thank you.

I'd tried the Rapid Rifle Cover and even one from Solo Hntr (looks similar to design and materials of the Low Vis Gear option above). Wanted a bit more wrap-around protection for bad conditions. Just got the Cole-Tac, and it's well-made, not overbuilt like the TAB Gear, but is still 183 g / 6.5 oz.

With all of the advances in Sil-Nylon over the years, I was sure there must be a lighter weight option out there - the Rock Solid Shooting Solutions looks like it could fit the bill. Here's the link for others who want to check it out: https://rocksolidshooting.com/product-category/rifle/

1104171550-e1525631928960.jpg

Everything you need is at Triad Tactical.

In the safe and for trips to the range I use a scope/muzzle cover combo from Triad Tactical - pick the canvas color that scratches your gear queer itch.

If I am going to a class or shooting in the elements I ditch the scope/muzzle cover and don "The Safe" in the form of a Tab Gear rifle cover.

The full rifle cover is great when you are at class, wind is blowing dust everywhere or you just want to give your optic some cover from a baking sun.

You asked the wrong question not "which one" but "which ones" - you need more than one.

Reactions: Dobermann
I have been very happy with Triad Tactical's.
I like Triad Tactical and have a few things from them. I never understood this. It seems like buying stuff to be buying stuff. Functionally, this doesn’t help more than scope caps and maybe a muzzle cap if hunting and carrying vertical. If you’re whole rifle is getting wet, what’s a little water on your scope body. 🤷‍♂️