• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories WTB: Desert Tech adjustable butt pad

TMR137

Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
Middleton Idaho
I know it’s a long shot, but figured I would ask. Anyone willing to part with one of the adjustable butt pads that Dan made a few years ago? Been looking around for something to help my DT fit me a little bit better and wanted to give one of these a try.
Thanks

Reactions: tactic-als
If we can get a group together, maybe he'll make another batch....I'd be in for 2 and might know another guy interested.

This seems to he an extremely popular item, I'mbetting there are twice as many people would be interested in something like this but not aware of this forum and/or haven't come across this thread....so here's my questions.

1. Why has SAC not been making more or contracted someone else to make them?

2. Why has Desert Tech not realized this and made their own version?

For me, it not about the adjustability, it's that I want to eliminate the portion that sticks up higher than the cheek rest. Does anyone else think the butt pad sticking up higher is a poor design choice or do you feel it has purpose?

Reactions: TMR137
I heard back from SAC today. They have everything in house to make them except for the actual recoil pad. Mark was talking with a company; but they wanted a bunch of cash for a custom mold so that SAC wouldn’t have to custom fit every pad. It sounded like it is on their table for discussion but nothing definitive on if they will move forward with production. If I hear anything more I will keep you all posted.

I’d be in for 2. SAC is great but 6-12 month wait times would be a bummer.