• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTB Retumbo or H1000 - Desperate

ward00

Private
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2009
I'm filthy rich (just joking) and am in desperate need of 8lbs of Retumbo or H1000. I'm willing to pay you whatever you feel is fair (2x retail?) as well as for postage and your time at the post office to ship it to me here in California.

Check powder valley website daily then order the minute it hits. Hard to buy from a non local person cause hazmat.

The bigger issue is: whos willing to risk shipping powder to Nazifornia?!

edit: Well that was a heck of a typo!!

Last edited:
2273BED5-CCDE-46A4-B7C9-0C7722E9E6EC.gif

I'm filthy rich (just joking) and am in desperate need of 8lbs of Retumbo or H1000. I'm willing to pay you whatever you feel is fair (2x retail?) as well as for postage and your time at the post office to ship it to me here in California.

This guy on GunBroker is selling a new 8 lbs jug of H1000 for $229.

Sorry.. my bad., the BIDDING is actually up to that --not that he listed it for that amount. Then I also am seeing #3 of it for up to $305 already. Blows me away.. none of the good stuff is available --what can't these people crank up production to meet demand??!

• Haha
Reactions: Steel head
Also have 1lb of H1000 for $135 on there. Such a deal!!!
Anybody who pays that is a moron
Same crap happened after Sandy hook, the businesses that did that got black listed from me.
Powder valley didn’t.
If someone is shipping powder they probably are a retailer and I’d certainly like to know who to never buy from.

Sorry.. my bad., the BIDDING is actually up to that --not that he listed it for that amount. Then I also am seeing #3 of it for up to $305 already. Blows me away.. none of the good stuff is available --what can't these people crank up production to meet demand??!

From my understanding, Hodgdon doesn't manufacture their own powders. Most of Hodgdon's powders are manufactured by ADI (Australian Defense Industries) which might have been effected from the recent fires in Australia.

According to Hodgdon, they are currently shipping all their "high demand" powders now, but they are sold before the retailers are able to put them on the shelves. Last week, here in Vegas, I was at my local Sportsman's Warehouse and they had a case of H1000 that just arrived. I was lucky enough to get a few pounds for myself and a friend. I'm keeping an eye out for Retumbo that's also supposed to arrive soon.

Reactions: AManWearingAHat
From my understanding, Hodgdon doesn't manufacture their own powders. Most of Hodgdon's powders are manufactured by ADI (Australian Defense Industries) which might have been effected from the recent fires in Australia.

According to Hodgdon, they are currently shipping all their "high demand" powders now, but they are sold before the retailers are able to put them on the shelves. Last week, here in Vegas, I was at my local Sportsman's Warehouse and they had a case of H1000 that just arrived. I was lucky enough to get a few pounds for myself and a friend. I'm keeping an eye out for Retumbo that's also supposed to arrive soon.
There was a big push of H1000 about 6 weeks ago.
I think it’s a combination of big contracts and a high demand.

I have been informed, by a party in the ammunition production business, that Several powders used in big bore powders are in high demand by .gov. Retumbo and H1000 were referenced.

I do not know how true this statement is, but he said it came straight from the Hodgdon. Grain of salt...etc.

I totally believe it however, why buy the whole market when it’s within their power to increase the market. Grease those wheels a d increase production and make it easier to get through customs and what not.

Reactions: Samuel Whittemore
I totally believe it however, why buy the whole market when it’s within their power to increase the market. Grease those wheels a d increase production and make it easier to get through customs and what not.
Increasing production without a guarantee that your investment in additional labor and equipment isn’t going to be paid back is foolish business practice.

It’s the gov everything is contract based, they could negotiate a guarantee. This is all because of the Barrett MK22, and sig ammo contracts for ammo.

Whoever is bidding against me stop and maybe i’ll hook you up :whistle:

I’ve been stocked up on everything I needed since 2012, but .338 “magnum rifle“ i’m still getting into, it’s a bad time for it.

If anybody’s in the Maryland Virginia area I got 4 pounds of 3N37 I’d be happy to part with

I have 2lb of H1000, 2lb of RL 23, but really want retumbo for load dev.

A powder plant is not something you can just expand manufacturing. They are highly regulated and there is not an excess of raw materials laying around. Couple this with everyone being shut down due to corona and everyone is backed up.

Expansion? Sure got a couple hundred million bucks, years of red tape, epa, local paperwork, EIS, ect and maybe if you are lucky in 4-5 years your expansion can break ground.

I swear people think you just waive a magic wand and shit appears on the shelf.

Reactions: juncali
A powder plant is not something you can just expand manufacturing. They are highly regulated and there is not an excess of raw materials laying around. Couple this with everyone being shut down due to corona and everyone is backed up.

Expansion? Sure got a couple hundred million bucks, years of red tape, epa, local paperwork, EIS, ect and maybe if you are lucky in 4-5 years your expansion can break ground.

I swear people think you just waive a magic wand and shit appears on the shelf.
B6EBBF5E-8A47-4E88-BFBA-FBC1A3E432D5.gif

“ I swear” someone said it was imported, therefore EPA wouldn’t exist, and customs and ATF would be wanting their cut.

Money makes shit happen especially government money, when the military needs something you’d be amazed at how red tape disappears. Don’t be thick.

Reactions: Foul Mike
I’m keenly aware of DOD acquisitions processes, and how powder is made, but you’re right I’m not an Australian and wouldn’t give a crap about their version of the EPA.

I do think the shipping, customs, and ATF types that sits on incoming ordnance for months is a process that can be streamlined without killing all the kangaroos in australia.

I recall waiting months for the ATF to let in CZ shadow 2 when the rest of the world had already had them for a year; i’m betting we have the same issues with powder.

As I understand it, the bulk of the production for Gun Powders is for Militaries around the world and ammunition manufacturers. We reloaders constitute a minute portion of the market.

Reactions: E-Tool
Can you even get Retumbo any more, anywhere?

I guess I asked & answered that didn't I? You're trying to scour the bushes to find some so, probably not.

We get the scraps.
This is true. I'm planning on starting a plinking ammo side gig in a year or so (223/556/9mm only really). as part of that logistical thing, I actually inquired with General Dynamics to see what a minimum order of powder would be for WC844.

Yeah.... 100,000 pound minimum... per year....

I was like "😐😐 K."

They advised to go to Western and Hodgdon Powders because that's who they send powder down to for us peasants.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Samuel Whittemore

I guess I asked & answered that didn't I? You're trying to scour the bushes to find some so, probably not.
I know of two people who got their back orders of retumbo filled just recently.

Reactions: DIBBS

I just got 3lbs of Retumbo from Turners here in Kalifornia. No H1000 or primers of any sort.

Local supplier here was selling 1lb'ers of H1000 & Retumbo. I picked up 2 lbs of each and sent my buddy and brother to do the same...