• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTF happended to the price of Lapua Brass?

rdinak

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2003
Birmingham, AL
Ok- I have been out of it for the past couple years. Reloading stuff packed up in storage, no time or place to shoot, moved twice...working my hind leg off trying to make a living.

Last group buy I was in on was for 500 pcs of .308 delivered to my door for like 232.00. Was picking up .243 brass for just a little more..

Just checked the online prices for Lapua brass and had to swallow a couple baby aspirin to stave off the chest pains..WOW

Maybe I should have invested in brass instead of my 401K for the past two years. Someone please fill in the gaps..Primers are back, powder is available again...

Maybe this why the metal processor paid me $16 for my old broken washing machine.

Re: WTF happended to the price of Lapua Brass?

I hear you...Powder Valley is asking $92 for .260 brass when it becomes availible....how is it much different than .308?

I'm glad I stocked up on Lapua brass three or four years ago.

All metal prices have gone up. A friend of mine works at a salvage/wrecking yard here in norcal, people are bringing him functional vehicles just to get the $$$ per pound for the steel. Other day he bought a fire engine for 2400$ and a road grader for 4500?.

It isn't going to get better in the near future either.

saupload_02_10_11_sterman_bubble.png

Copper went up when China made huge demands for expanding infrastructure.

Now inflation may be driving it up.

A guy I shoot with made $1M in oil futures in 2008 and lost $0.5M in 2009 in oil futures.

If you could just see the future, you could get rich.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
saupload_02_10_11_sterman_bubble.png

Copper went up when China made huge demands for expanding infrastructure.

Now inflation may be driving it up.

A guy I shoot with made $1M in oil futures in 2008 and lost $0.5M in 2009 in oil futures.

If you could just see the future, you could get rich. </div></div>

As an option to the ridiculous suggestion about prognostication, I'm offering consultation for time travel at very reasonable rates.

No one could dispute that it is a far more probable way to become rich beyond imagination.
d7f5ac9861d6b76328d5723e547c17c923cc272e.jpg

http://www.startrek.com/database_article/atoz

Futures are not consumption but rather another betting game for speculators. The world economy has not recovered enough to have huge amounts of copper being used by China.

With Treasuries flat, the stock market sluggish and consumer spending tepid- hedge fund managers are casting about for someplace to make 13 to 20% return on investment. With cheap money available and a time honored system for driving up commodities this could be a win-win for HF managers.

I wonder just how much oil speculation money 'made' and 'lost' was real money or leveraged funny money. And what real cute about this system is you can bet on shorts all the while driving up the price. more win-win for wealthy investors.

Wadda Country

Yup brass prices are pretty crazy and have been for a few years now... only going to get worse i think

"WTF happended to the price of Lapua Brass? "

Ahhhh...it went up. ??

Ever see prices of any big boy toys go down? Everything is more now b/c the US dollar is worth less. Everyone has wanted quality .260 brass for a long time and Lupua will take advantage of the markets need. You can still pick up Winchester brass and a neck turner for a good price :)

I think powder valley had the .308 brass for only $54 a month or two ago. I went to check and now it's $65. I bit the bullet and just got it local for $70.

a run up in commodities some times has little to do with demand, speculators/investors may be once again fleeing the dollar and dollar delineated securities in anticipation of inflation/devaluation of the dollar. what they have left to park their money in is commodities. maybe I should sell my 1000 new lapua .308, the LC is doing fine

Everything is going up...

On an unrelated note, i used to work out a lot but havent had time for it lately.

I used to buy a 5lb jug of whey protein for $24.99 and $19.99 on sale at times...

Went to a GNC yesterday and for the same brand same 5lb jug is now $77.99!!!! Insane!! all in about 2 years.

Go to the grocery store. Fill your car up with gas. Buy ANYTHING, it has all gone up drastically due to a very weak dollar.

Quit complaining Simo. You're not cool and can't shoot accurately without using Lapua brass so just buy it
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go to the grocery store. Fill your car up with gas. Buy ANYTHING, it has all gone up drastically due to a very weak dollar. </div></div>

This is exactly what is happening, the banks via the Federal Reserve(a private Corporation, like Federal Express).

The more money the government borrows for these crusades in the middle east, the more they have to print, which in turn robs the American people through inflation.

Since the creation of the Federal Reserve bank in 1913, we have fought 2 world wars, the cold war, Korea Vietnam, the Middle East crusades( Iraq, Afghan.) ETC.

And the American dollar is now only worth about 1 penny from it's original value since the creation of the Federal Reserve Cartel.

This is not America anymore, it hasn't been for a while.

Stock up on food, water, ammo, and other life essential items because the dollar is now the new penny.

Back a couple of years ago I bought up enough brass to last me the rest of my life, probably.
Now, I'm pretty broke, so I'm glad that I have the brass.
When I shop for groceries, I always buy a little extra for the shelf. I'm trying for a years supply of dry and canned food.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: haldir</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stock up on food, water, ammo, and other life essential items because the dollar is now the new penny.

</div></div>

Before 1933, when the Fed "confiscated" (stole) our gold, an ounce of Gold was = $20 (the $20 gold piece, or "Double Eagle" contains .9675 ounces of pure gold). With gold now at $1400/oz, that means our Dollar is worth 1/70th of what it used to be worth, so the dollar is indeed the new penny....

Some of you might recall that when something happened on 1/21/2009, Gold was ~$850/oz. In a little over two years, the price of gold has almost doubled. How's that make you feel?...

I started a new job last October and Silver was right at $22/oz, so it's increased over fifty percent in only 5 mos (it's at $34/oz today)!

Cheers,

Bill

fuel prices have gone up too
this shit comes from europe so that is a factor as well
if a us company could make quality brass they would only shit on the price as well

also did you look at the prices for sceners??????????

yeah there up as well

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bkster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">also did you look at the prices for sceners??????????

yeah there up as well
</div></div>

I loved shooting the Sceners, but with their price going up I moved to the Sierra's, they're close enough in performance I can't tell the difference.

I jumped on Powder Valley last night...WOW Scenars did take a big price increase! Our US dollars are not worth as much against the EURO:

1 US Dollar = 0.72437 Euro

Guess we might as well shoot Hornady and Sierra bullets and spend our US dollars with US companies!