• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics WTS: Razor HD 65mm spotter and Kaibab HD 20x56 binoculars

koshkin

Dark Lord Of Optics
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2006
    New Mexico
    www.opticsthoughts.com
    Unless I find something else hiding in the back of the safe, this should be the last volley in my spring cleaning.

Vortex Razor HD 65 mm angled spotting scope with two eyepieces: 22-48x zoom and wide angle LER 18x fixed. This is the current production Gen2 model with the large helical focus ring. Given that I have a tendency to live in places where it is hot, I ended up using the fixed power eyepice more often than not. Despite long eye relief, it is still has ~56deg apparent FOV and I really liked being able to have all of the FOV while wearing shooting glasses and without coming into contact with the eyepiece and shaking the spotter. With the zoom eyepiece, I can get a full FOV with shooting glasses, but I end up touching the eyepiece and introducing some vibration. For general observation it was not an issue, but I used it a lot to take a glance when shooting prone, so that LER fixed eyepiece was a really nice thing to have.
    Everything is in excellent condition.
    SOLD shipped within CONUS

Vortex Kaibab HD 20x56 was my experiment in what kind of an advantage I can get when using a "big eyes" binocular compared to a spotting scope that technically offers more magnification, but single eye viewing. I did not really do anything with the Kaibab beyond that, so it is in excellent condition.
    It is a nice Japanese binocular with very nice eyepieces, but given the magnification it is not for handheld use.
    SOLD shipped within CONUS.

ILya

Last edited: