• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater WWII Vet shoots 5" group @ 1000yds

Re: WWII Vet shoots 5" group @ 1000yds

Very nice shooting!!! Since he had not every fired that now sniper rifle before.

at 84 hes still a better shot than better than 99% of the people out there, outstanding!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MQRpAxGVg4M"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MQRpAxGVg4M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

All credit to finding this video goes to bartholomew roberts over at thefiringline.

Amazing video. </div></div>

Thanks.

That video gives me cold chills.

I remember seeing this on tv a while back, so cool I watched it again though. Got goose bumps both times. Gonna miss talking to that generation, not many left in my immediate family and none left that served back then.

Man, I want one of those Navy Arms replicas!

Bumping this thread for veterans day.

I remind my troops of the context, time, circumstances...and kit...these guys had then...and what they did. Their immediate response is..."wow, I kinda feel like a pussy now".

Very cool. I worked across from an old folks home. Met a B29 navigator who flew 25 missions, a mid 50's football champ from Green Bay (before they called it the super bowl), and a man named Winters who was a 101st airborn vet from WW2. No not Dick, this man was named Ralph and was a glider trooper who was in all the same engagements as Dick.

It was a pleasure to serve those who did so much for us.

I'll bump this thread. Great story, definetly worth watching!

There's this old gunsmith near me that was in the sub service in WW2. I asked him why did he volunteer for that? He said he didn't want to come back with one arm or one leg. He knew that the sub guys came back in one piece, or they didn't come back. We're dead meat, if we get in an all out war, now. Hell, there's nobody left that can make all the ammo and equipment we would need, much less the guts to go and lose, like more than 10,000 troops in the D-day landings. I had tears in my eyes when I watched that old sniper nail that 1000 yd shot.

Men like him are walking treasures of the trade. What a class act event to all parties involved. Much respect to the AMU for their tokens of appreciation. It must have been an unbelievable honor to spend that day on the range with him.

Great is all I can say, will have to save this for next time dad stops by to visit and let him watch...

Every time I watch that video I get choked up. I am grateful to all the WWII vets past and present.

Updated

Found a better video that has some more background info on Ted and he talks about the bulge and his experience a little. Also much better quality.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: untouchable13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what a cool guy. That is inspiring! </div></div>

It was great to see a guy still had it at his age.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Old timers really are fascinating people.
I agree. Sad to see so few of his generation left. Probably the best generation of men and women this nation has seen. </div></div>

OUTSTANDING VIDEO! I agree, They don't make em like they used to. Guys like that just make me so damn proud.

had to clear my throat and swallow hard a few times on that one!great video and a testament to the pride of our military, no matter what generation they are from.

They make not make em' like they used to, but they still make pretty good imitations nowadays. Hopefully I'll live long enough to see one of the last Iraq or Afghan war vets show his stuff at 80+ in 60 years or so.

WOW, touching video. I was teared up the entire time. Our only hope is that men/women like us teach to our young children about people like him from the past.