• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing WY Sheep unit 5?

Channelkat

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2006
WA
Anyone hunted sheep in WY unit 5? Are there any sheep to be found on non designated wilderness land? Can't do the guide thing, but would love to try some sheep meat...

Re: WY Sheep unit 5?

you are assuming you'll draw a tag... with out points, you have a 2% chance...or less...

Some have been applying for a tag for over 15 yrs with no luck.

I knew of 1 guy that it took 20+ yrs.

I will second that, if you want to hunt wild sheep you will need lots of patients just to get a tag in wyo or colo or ariz or just about anywhere. only other option is buy into a tag and you can spend 10-40 thousand. I lucked out as a colo resident and drew mine in 8 years, but know guys who have waited 20 to 25 years to draw. good luck!

Thats actually why I was asking. I thought I would start building points, (Actully most interested in the Ewe/Lamb tag right now)but didn't want to apply for years only to get drawn and find I have to hire a guide, because they are all located in the wilderness area.

Under WY state law a licensed resident is considered a guide for up to two non-resident hunters on wilderness land. Now I am not sure if you have to have a tag for the acutal game hunted or just be in possession of a big game tag (Deer, Elk and so on) to be considered a guide.

I would just start buying points right now and keep researching the areas because there always fires, harsh winters and no predator control which can greatly effect an area.

For instance one of the sheep units near Dubois/Jackson had a large fire and game and fish allowed anyone with a tag to turn it in and get the same tag this year. Which happened to my co-worker. He didnt bother hunting last year and turned his tag in and now has a guaranteed tag this year.

Ladies and gentleman this is Sheep Unit no 5

One, two, three, four, five everybody in the gator, so come on
Let's ride to the bait store around the corner
The boys say they want some gin and juice
But I really don't wanna, beer bust like I had last week
I must stay deep because hookers is cheap

I like Angela, Pamela, Sandra and Rita
And as I continue you know they are getting sweeter
So what can I do I really beg you my Lord
To me is flirting it's just like sport, anything fly
It's all good let me dump it please set in the trumpet

A little bit of sheep sex in my life, a little bit of sheep poon by my side
A little bit of sheep balls is all I need, a little bit of sheep taint is what I see
A little bit of Sheep nudity in the sun, a little bit of sheep hucklebuckin all night long
A little bit of sheep asshole here I am, a little bit of you makes me your man

Yes, you can guide yourself in a Area 5, out of the Wilderness.

And yes, you can find Sheep, Grizzles, Wolves and Black Bear really easy.
smile.gif