• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wyatt's Outdoor Detachable Magazine Assembly.GTG?

Medic210_22

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Question for the people in the know. Are these DMS good for the Bell and Carlson Stocks? Should I pony up the $$$ for the Badger Ordnance instead? Is the inletting for the Badger able to be done by myself or should it be sent to a smith. I am fairly handy, but don't want to screw up my stock. Advice PLEASE!
Thanks,
Bart

Re: Wyatt's Outdoor Detachable Magazine Assembly.GTG?

I've read some good things about them. Most will tell you to buy the Badger instead if you can though...

You might want to consider running a search or two using the advanced SH Google search (click my sig link).

-Dylan

Thanks for the reply Dylan. I would prefer the Badger, but I don't know if I am just paying for the name. I never heard of Wyatt's, I guess I should cry once and be done with it.
Bart

That would be the most common phrase used here I think, "Buy once, cry once."

Badger products are very high quality and you should be happy with them. I have read plenty of good things about CDI's stuff too and if I remember correctly the owner happens to be a member here as well?

-Dylan

I have a Wyatt's on my rifle. If I had it to do again, I'd go with something else that takes AIC mags.

The Wyatt's system lacks a certain refinement for lack of a better way of putting it. What I hate about it is that the mags are relatively difficult to load. I know that I have a really hard time loading them using just my two hands. I usually need to use a table top or even my thigh to rest the mag on while loading because you have to simultaneously push the new round in while pressing down on the rear of the previously loaded round. This is because the mag spring only goes from the rear to the middle of the follower and does not support the whole follower.

It's such a pain in the butt that I often just single load rather than have to deal with the magazine. The only reason I don't go back to the fixed mag is because of the 600 yard matches where I have to run 20 rounds. Having the four preloaded mags is still faster than loading the fixed internal mag. I'm a newb and like having as little to think about as possible.

I have the Wyatt's setup in my 338LM. I love it because it feeds those big ass rounds just like a sewing machine. I also like the fact that it holds eight rounds and I don't have any trouble loading the mags.

Does Wyatt make 10 round magazines for the short action or only 5 round mags?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ID Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does Wyatt make 10 round magazines for the short action or only 5 round mags? </div></div>

Yes they do but you should look into HateCA's BM It takes the AICS mags which means that you can load a lot longer round 2.950" whereas the Wyatt one only allows for 2.44" (in .308). And it's only a few bucks more (20-ish) than Wyatt's and by going with the AICS platform you can use any AICS mags instead of being stuck with buying Wyatt's mags only. I'll post a link when I find it.

http://www.rdprecision.net/parts2.html

I'd recommend an AICS magazine acceptting DBM.In the end it will be worth it and CDI does make a cost effective unit too.Goodshotin'

~Reagan