• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wyoming spring bear hunt bullet choices

It amazes me how so many resident hunters are opposed to non-resident licenses.
Oh Jesus, we are just clowning around. My hunting partner is a Colorado resident. Next time put your panties on right side out. Those floral ornaments are cause a rash on your vagina lips.

Yes non-residents are doing us a favor hunting here. Don’t think we don’t know it……🙄

Last edited:
The bear pit seems like the right spot for this.

Headed out to Wyoming for the May 15th spring bear opener. I've got a few questions:

1. I know there is a mountain of snow up there right now. Do you Wyoming folks think that enough of it will thaw in time to hunt them that first week?

2. 300 Wsm, 20" 1-10 barrel. Talk to me about what ranges I can reasonably expect to have opportunities at. I shoot prs and shoot regularly out to 1,200y, but I've been out that way and I know that wind is the real issue, so what is considered reasonable out there? I an asking because I have a decent selection of bullets available, and have time to get something else if I need to, so before I start loading ammo for this trip, look at the picture of what I already have please and let me know what you would do. Thanks fellas.
Enjoy your hunt. That said we have new carpet bagging recruits here in the Warden service. Unfortunately they are not as professional as Wardens past.

If you’re hunting by yourself and don’t have any experience judging bear size definitely watch videos before going. Bears are a pain to judge correctly.

If the ears look big…. It’s a little bear.
I tell you what........
When a black bear stands up on it's hind legs, in 6" willows, and you can see him, looking for you.....
Those Mofo's seem like top of the food chain. I sure don't want to meet his Kodiak cousin; standing up on their rear legs looking for me.

Years after I left there and was stationed at Campbell, we went back for a 2 week pre-deployment training exercise in April. In that 2 weeks we saw temperatures in the teens and probably a foot of snow, and it also hit almost 90° and we had a whole company black on water, on top of a mountain miles from anything. That was a real mess.
isn't that where you starting peeing into your canteen ??? ;)
Drill Sergeants say they did it all the time lol

I tell you what........
When a black bear stands up on it's hind legs, in 6" willows, and you can see him, looking for you.....
Those Mofo's seem like top of the food chain. I sure don't want to meet his Kodiak cousin; standing up on their rear legs looking for me.
170C7745-A820-4B61-88EE-E07794D43D15.jpeg

Blackies are cute n cuddly

I was a bit off, only 56 feet but that was 22 March, Fuck that, give me a margarita and sunny beach.

www.foxla.com › news › 56-feet-and-counting-lake56 feet and counting: Lake Tahoe records 2 of its snowiest ...

Mar 22, 2023 · So far this season, Lake Tahoe has reported 677 inches – or 56.4 feet of snow. And so much snow has fallen that January 2023 has gone down in the record books as its eighth-
Mammoth mountain is sneaking up on 900”. They broke the all time record with 870” in late March. I feel bad for the residents of this county. It’s been a real pain in the ass for them with lost time, damaged property, and extremely depressed tourist activity. I work in this area, but live outside of it.

Mammoth mountain is sneaking up on 900”. They broke the all time record with 870” in late March. I feel bad for the residents of this county. It’s been a real pain in the ass for them with lost time, damaged property, and extremely depressed tourist activity. I work in this area, but live outside of it.
900"=75'

Noooooooooooooooooooooo! It hurts just thinking about that. Call me in the spring.
Beach 1.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
I tell you what........
ad that happen with a Grizz in Montana. A female with cup. fortunately I was near my car and got the fuck out or there.

Impressive, beautiful animals but to be respected. Here's a cute bear video.

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
The only reasonable response to that is

FuckJoeBiden

I have met @Maggot before and he actually is the biggest Biden fan in the world. I honestly have no idea why he bashes our Prez here on the Hide.

:)

Seriously, back to the OP's question:

Have you tried PVA's "Cayuga" solid copper hunting bullets? They are absolutely fatal especially vs something tough like a bear. You will be able to drive these faster than a swaged bullet because of the drive bands - and it will hold on to muzzle velocity better given the higher BC's. With a 10 twist, the 178gr 30cal might be your choice:

I have met @Maggot before and he actually is the biggest Biden fan in the world. I honestly have no idea why he bashes our Prez here on the Hide.

:)

Seriously, back to the OP's question:

Have you tried PVA's "Cayuga" solid copper hunting bullets? They are absolutely fatal especially vs something tough like a bear. You will be able to drive these faster than a swaged bullet because of the drive bands - and it will hold on to muzzle velocity better given the higher BC's. With a 10 twist, the 178gr 30cal might be your choice:
So theres hope for my 6.5 Manbun! :unsure:

Headed out to Wyoming for the May 15th spring bear opener. I've got a few questions:

1. I know there is a mountain of snow up there right now. Do you Wyoming folks think that enough of it will thaw in time to hunt them that first week?

2. 300 Wsm, 20" 1-10 barrel. Talk to me about what ranges I can reasonably expect to have opportunities at. I shoot prs and shoot regularly out to 1,200y, but I've been out that way and I know that wind is the real issue, so what is considered reasonable out there? I an asking because I have a decent selection of bullets available, and have time to get something else if I need to, so before I start loading ammo for this trip, look at the picture of what I already have please and let me know what you would do. Thanks fellas.

Nosler Partition or Accubond?

I could see a 600 yard shot but 300 is probably typical

Oh Jesus, we are just clowning around. My hunting partner is a Colorado resident. Next time put your panties on right side out. Those floral ornaments are cause a rash on your vagina lips.

Yes non-residents are doing us a favor hunting here. Don’t think we don’t know it……🙄
They are going to cut out of state tags. They will then raise the price of resident tags to make up for the budget short fall. Then they will give out more out state tags. I am sure they want to hurt to the bottom line for a lot of the current ranchers, farmers, and outfitters.

They are going to cut out of state tags. They will then raise the price of resident tags to make up for the budget short fall. Then they will give out more out state tags. I am sure they want to hurt to the bottom line for a lot of the current ranchers, farmers, and outfitters.
As far as I can see the Game and Fish have their noses stuck squarely up the ranchers asses.

The whole point system for non-residents is nothing but a government run Ponzi scheme that should be outlawed. I fully expect their greed to lead to implementation of the same Ponzi scheme for residents.

I'm a fan of the Barnes. I shot my Kodiak brown, sitka blacktail, and a Michigan whitetail with a 225g out of a 35 Whelen. I'd use the 280's out of your 300 if it was me.

I'm coming there to break your bear record. The bear I intend to kill will be blonde and weigh double the current state record. It will have 250lbs of elk backstrap in its stomach when I kill it. I'll probably leave some local girls pregnant and tip none of the waitresses. Everywhere I eat, I'm leaving the lid barely on the salt shaker, so when you grab it, bam, ruined food. Then I'm taking your mother Dorothy Mantooth out for a really nice steak dinner and never calling her again!
Out-of-stater SOP.

• Haha
Reactions: 338dude
As far as I can see the Game and Fish have their noses stuck squarely up the ranchers asses.

The whole point system for non-residents is nothing but a government run Ponzi scheme that should be outlawed. I fully expect their greed to lead to implementation of the same Ponzi scheme for residents.
Colorado has had preference points for a long time.

Game and fish doesn't make the laws.

Its not even game and fish here anymore. It's parks and wildlife after the state park system was going broke so Hickenlooper combined the two so hunters could fund the state parks too. But a hunting license doesn't get you in. Lol

yup, old LickenPooper screwed hunters pretty good with that little trick!
Its nice that now a goat, sheep, or moose point costs us $58 dollars total (application plus point fee).

See how my draws go this year. New unit for first choice, first year applying as a group.

It is now $770 for an OOS elk tag in CO, bull or cow. And they sell piles of em!!

• Wow
If your luck is like mine, they will stay in their Dens until you're gone.

Last 3 years I haven't seen a spring bear during season. They come out about 2 weeks after season is closed.

Luckily I can buy 1 tag and fill it in the spring or fall, so the ranches call and ask when I'll be there in the fall so they can get rid of them.

Well, I've been in wyoming for 3 days now. No bears yet, but I think I can help you guys solve another problem.

You fellas ever think about hauling your own firewood? All these broad backed women up here look like they've been training up for the roller derby.

Any bears in the snowies? We're done shooting coyotes for now and looking to pack in there this afternoon.

Well, I've been in wyoming for 3 days now. No bears yet, but I think I can help you guys solve another problem.

You fellas ever think about hauling your own firewood? All these broad backed women up here look like they've been training up for the roller derby.

During the Gold Rush days their ancestors pulled the ore carts.

To be fair, I did give you a heads up. And you’re in one of the more populated areas!

I wish I had my camera...It was wearing a hat too. Must have escaped from the Circus.