• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

X-bolt choice for resale value

Woolsocks

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2023
Washington
Purchasing one of these just to try out. Admittedly, i buy a lot of stuff then get bored with it, so this may end up in the PX someday. I’m pretty flexible on caliber, so I’m looking for something that’ll re-sale. Of the calibers they offer, what do you think would have the best resale value? (guessing not 28nos!).

Reactions: AZLONGRIDER
X-bolts aren’t popular here, so not sure you’ll get many replies. Historically there haven’t been any good third-party triggers available until very recently, so that’s part of the reason.

Personally, I think a white gold medallion in 6.5cm would sell on the used market (gunbroker) fairly easy.

Re-sale will be tough, but tougher with 6.8 Western, 28 NOS.

Fucken detachable mags on a big game rifle...here I am looking at a break open single shot for that duty.

My dad has a number of x-bolts. The stock triggers are very heavy. Their operation, feel, and construction remind me of my Tikkas. X-bolts have a shorter-than-Tikka bolt lift at 60°…Tikkas are 70°.

They are well made but yeah, the stock trigger is crap and I don’t believe there’s a factory Browning 10rd mag, but Waterman makes them. Maybe others do too, but I have never looked into it as I don’t own a X-bolt.