• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing X-caliber barrels???

Bran743

Private
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2012
Oklahoma City, OK
Good morning folks. I was shopping around for a 7mm barrel blank and happens to stumble on a company called X-Caliber barrels.
Www.x-caliber.net

Anyone on here ever heard of them? I've searched on here and with Google and can't find a lot of info other than their corporate page
I listed above.

Thanks

-B2

"Our match Grade, the bore must measure within .005" of our standard diameter and does not vary in diameter more than .003" for the entire length of the barrel. Our Premium Match Grade, the bore must measure within .003" of our standard diameter and does not vary in diameter more than .001" for the entire length of the barrel."

If they don't understand the huge tolerance they state on their own site, I'd be leery of them....I think they mis-placed a decimal point as w/in .005" of standard diameter is a bit excessive!

That said, any newcomer into the field is welcome and I imagine they probably make a fine barrel. That tolerance is most likely a typo and I wish them the best although their prices are right in line with top-end barrels, typically start-up bbl makers will price a little less to get their product into some hands.

Last edited:
I just bought one in 7mm to try, we will see how it goes once I get it and the reamer togther. Plan is to make it a 7 Saum.

"typically start-up bbl makers will price a little less to get their product into some hands.

Thats exactly what they are doing. I found a 7mm 1.25" on eBay for a very good price. But I'd rather not chance buying a lemon since I would still need to get it chambered, contoured, and threaded. It would be worth it buy a barrel from a more well known maker at that point.

-B2

They must be watchin' as it has already been change... but not every where.

I emailed em to let them know...pretty quick reaction. I like the looks of their shop, purposely built it looks like for what their doing. I'm sure they're very serious about it, it'll be interesting to hear some reports on them.

Nuclabuyer,

Would you mind posting how you like it? Also what "grade" of barrel did you get?

-B2

Ya, I can do that, I am going to have an order put in to PTG a little later for a 7 Saum reamer and then we will be ready to get it chambered and be ready to give it a shot. I am waiting for my new shop to show up so if it shows up between now and and the delievery of the shop, the chambering will get delayed but hopfully I can get it done before. I got a stainless and it is standard grade best I can tell.

Looks like they are a stones throw from the McGowen facility.