• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

X-ring Accuracy 6.5x47

Roland A.D.

Minuteman
Oct 17, 2013
Sebring, Florida
IMG_0926.jpgIMG_0928.JPGIMG_0961.jpgIMG_0929.jpgIMG_0992.JPG

Have been doing some load devlopment with my new rifle. Woody from X-ring gave me a good starting point considering the proof firing produced .016 3 shot groups. My 5 shot groups with the load I went with measured .086 at 100 .196 at 200 and .386 at 300 all groups were shot from a bipod and rear bag. Seems to me like this is a little better than the norm. All and all cant beat x-ring for customer service and it's looking like the rifles may be even harder to beat. I'm now a big fan so Let me know if this is normal guys I'm looking for feedback since this is my first custom rifle build.

Last edited:
Woody builds a great rifle no doubt and is very friendly on the phone. I have two of his rifles now and waiting for the rest of my parts for my 300 win mag now. One of the guys at our local range has a 6.5x47 Woody built and it shoots lights out as well, congrats on your rifle as well.

View attachment 32424View attachment 32426View attachment 32428View attachment 32427View attachment 32429

Been doing some load devlopment with my new rifle. Woody from X-ring gave me a good starting point considering the proof firing produced .016 3 shot groups. My 5 shot groups with the load I went with measured .086 at 100 .196 at 200 and .386 at 300 all groups were shot from a bipod and rear bag. Seems to me like this is a little better than the norm. All and all cant beat x-ring for customer service and it's looking like the rifles may be even harder to beat. I'm now a big fan so Let me know if this is normal guys I'm looking for feedback since this is my first custom rifle build.
Thanks for the kind words. I see a 6.5X284 in your future :). Happy shooting. Woody

I have a build from Woody as well, a .308 built on a 700 action I supplied, everything else came from "X" and this rifle is a shooter. I have stood ground with every rifle I have put it up against (I am the limiting factor) SO back to the OP question, yes this is normal for Woody built rifles. Nice rifle and happy shooting!

Sully

I have. Took your advise and went + .010 jammed and got193.jpg remove the bone head push and that's 4 shots at .193 at 300yds (see the group with the 4 next to it that's 4 shots)that pretty solid and beats most bench rest guns shooting free recoil. might I remind you I was shooting prone from a Harris bipod. You find me another smith that builds a tactical rifle that can beat the bench rest guys who use $1000.00 rests and I'll give you my gun!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    886.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I have. Took your advise and went + .010 jammed and gotView attachment 36508 remove the bone head push and that's 4 shots at .193 at 300yds (see the group with the 4 next to it that's 4 shots)that pretty solid and beats most bench rest guys shooting free recoil. might I remind you I was shooting prone from a Harris bipod. You find me another smith that builds a tactical rifle that can beat the bench rest guys who use $1000.00 rests and I'll give you my gun!

Woody does great work and I have a couple real shooters from him. He is awesome and my 4 yr old always wants to go ride on his tractor.

You might want to reconsider your last statement though........lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That there Sir is some spectacular shooting. Very nice!

I wish my custom 260 would shoot like that... I may be rechambering it into a 47 before long if it keeps being a pain..

If you wasnt all the way in FL I would take that rifle from you. I also have a x47 tactical match rifle that will run with yours.

In my opinion that round is inherantly accurate. A bad load in mine is still 1/2 minute.

Try some 130 VLD's and 37.2 varget. I am running at 2966 with SD of 11 with that load

Last edited:
I can't compare to your groups, but then again my 60+ year old eyes are failing me so it's ME not my rifle.

Working up loads the agg of 16 , 4 shot groups was .461" . I can do one holers for 3-4 shots at 100 but seem to always blow the group into the .2's or .3's with my 5th shot.

At 300 yds I simply can not see the target well enough even with a 25X NF scope. I'm 1.5" on average. The cartridge and stick is capable....I'm not.

Though I did stick three shots into just under 7" at 1240 yds the other day. I was giddy for a few days. That's some good shooting for my failing eyes. LOL.

VERY impressive shooting Roland...Very impressive for sure.

Love the 6.5x47

I do more hunting than shooting for groups, so I do a lot of single, cold bore shots at various ranges and field positions. Here is one from the other day @1095 yds, multi wind directions and lift...not going to do that every time, but the setup is simply more accurate than my abilities to deliver.

Very nice shooting! Impressive indeed.

It really gives evidence towards defeating the myth that the 47's can't handle the 140's

No doubt the 6.5x47 or 6x47 Lapua are right up there with the 6 Dasher, with a little more horsepower to go along with it.

Bench Rest Match Results

This is for all the tactical rifles and smiths who build them.

I have heard it all, tac rifles aren't as accurate as bench rest rifles, you have to have this and that, you must do all these things to be competitive in bench rest. I use a rest and made my self some adaptors for my A5 but I refuse to stop shouldering and gripping the rifle, i have to re-adjust my rest after every shot but I'm fine with that.

Results from last three BR matches at Manatee:

600yd Gong: Tied for 1ST (choked in a shoot off)
1000yd Gong: 1ST
600yd Williamsport Match: 1ST

She is a Beast,

If you think about what Tactical rifles are built for and the things can endure its amazing the accuracy they are capable of. I have never experienced combat and have the upmost respect for those who serve and have served (forever in debt to you all). From the manufacturing of parts to the gunsmith who makes it all come together the quality and craftsmanship is 2nd to none.

Now for all you local guys, check out the match schedule at manateegunclub.com and come out and compete.

Attachments

• IMG_1610.jpg
    IMG_1610.jpg
    844.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1612.jpg
    IMG_1612.jpg
    728.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1608.jpg
    IMG_1608.jpg
    942.5 KB · Views: 14
I have. Took your advise and went + .010 jammed and gotView attachment 36531 remove the bone head push and that's 4 shots at .193 at 300yds (see the group with the 4 next to it that's 4 shots)that pretty solid and beats most bench rest guns shooting free recoil. might I remind you I was shooting prone from a Harris bipod. You find me another smith that builds a tactical rifle that can beat the bench rest guys who use $1000.00 rests and I'll give you my gun!

Those are brave words...It can be embarrassing taking it to Kelblys and trying to prove it with them top dogs in that game...just my .2