• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: Bushnell Customer Service Sucks.

Sent you a PM. Let me know if I can help.

How is a bent tube Bushnells problem? Unless it came that way from the factory (doubtful) why should it be covered under warranty?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How is a bent tube Bushnells problem? Unless it came that way from the factory (doubtful) why should it be covered under warranty? </div></div>

What kind of an idiot sends in a scope that doesn't track downward, not knowing that the tube is bent.

Sounds like Bruce is lying and using "bent tube" as an excuse.

Pretty sure Grendal 6.5 will handle it fairly.

1st post rants are always suspect.

I would want it back? I would not just take their word that it was a bent tube.

Cable, didn't realize it was your first post. PM me with your name/address and I will look up your repair report and take a look at the scope myself. I would like to see the scope, but I hope you understand that I need some information from you to be able to find it in our system. I'll get it squared away if you'll get back to me.

Just for the sake of transparency...I just went to our repair lab to check out the scope in question. No doubt there is a bend in the tube...however, I can't tell what would have caused it. The bend was just enough to mis-align the erector assembly, causing an unbalanced travel in windage and elevation. I examined the scope expecting to see ring indentation marks or a large gouge...looking to find something the way the problem was explained, but I couldn't find any signs. Looks basically new...so I am sending you a new scope. I apologize for the inconvenience and hassle.

Jeff

Wow, that was fast! Well, you can't complain about a company that is willing to make something right. It would be nice if others would follow Bushnell's lead.

To the OP...based on Jeff's OVERWHELMINGLY EXCELLENT service to you...I recommend that you remove the disparaging remarks made against Bushnell's CS (and edit the title of your thread to reflect the rather EXCELLENT service)!!

Also, next time, before you go off typing/shooting off your mouth to vent your frustrations...try posting a question or asking for assistance FIRST. As with all things in life, you catch more flies with honey that with vinegar!!

These @#$%^& 1st post rants/b!tch sessions/etc. are really getting old (still entertaining...but damned old)!

Wow, that was made incredibly better than right, and VERY fast.

Another +1 for Bushnell.

As for you guys getting on the OPs case, hes not in the wrong at all. <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">He ALREADY went to Bushnell CS and got told off</span></span>, so there wouldn't be a need to "ask for assistance" on an online gun forum. He had no idea that a Bushnell employee would be around to reverse his coworkers decision.

It's blind luck that Grendel 6.5 was nice enough to save him $500.

Humm..... I guess Bushnell customer service doesn't suck after all!! Probably could have achieved the same results without jumping out there and bashing Bushnell with your first post.

well jeff maybe bruce was having a bad morning, once i get the NEW scope in i will recant my post about bushnell customers service..

sick.gif

great set of posts, I look forward to future gems of wisdom and experience

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grendel 6.5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just for the sake of transparency...I just went to our repair lab to check out the scope in question. No doubt there is a bend in the tube...however, I can't tell what would have caused it. The bend was just enough to mis-align the erector assembly, causing an unbalanced travel in windage and elevation. I examined the scope expecting to see ring indentation marks or a large gouge...looking to find something the way the problem was explained, but I couldn't find any signs. Looks basically new...so I am sending you a new scope. I apologize for the inconvenience and hassle.

Jeff </div></div>

Jeff, way to step up and take care of a customer. Nicely done.

Awesome customer service good to know, I have a couple of these mounted up on some.........you guessed it bolt action guns and glad to see that they took care of a customer that was frustrated.

i was going to say that my experience with Bushnell has been stellar. i bought a millett and they allowed me to trade in a faulty mil/moa for a mil/mil and my DMS had a stiff zoom ring and they replaced it no questions asked. i plan on buying an excursion spotter and arc 1000 rangefinder as soon as money allows

I had a new in the box rangefinder that I picked up early last year at a major national retailer that never would range beyond 37 yards on even a house. I sent it back to Bushnell and received my paperweight back along with a letter stating they no longer serviced that model and it would be a few hundred dollars for a replacement.

If I can't even buy a new Bushnell product with minimal confidence or an expectation of warranty service on an item that never left my house, I'll pass.

I should've immediately taken the rangefinder back to the store.

O/P posted the same, word for word post on Calguns, a new member with just a few posts. Looks like he was making the rounds on the net.
Thanks to Bushnell for stepping up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cardboardkiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a new in the box rangefinder that I picked up early last year at a major national retailer that never would range beyond 37 yards on even a house. I sent it back to Bushnell and received my paperweight back along with a letter stating they no longer serviced that model and it would be a few hundred dollars for a replacement.

If I can't even buy a new Bushnell product with minimal confidence or an expectation of warranty service on an item that never left my house, I'll pass.

I should've immediately taken the rangefinder back to the store. </div></div>

that is pretty sad. when they could have sent you a new better model and kept a customer. ill keep that in mind when i get to picking out a rangefinder. and ill read the warranty on the spotter before i buy it too

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FLIGHT762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
O/P posted the same, word for word post on Calguns, a new member with just a few posts. Looks like he was making the rounds on the net.
Thanks to Bushnell for stepping up.
</div></div>

I can't understand why the first move for so many is to throw the manufacturer under the bus when they are so willing to make things right. I've seen it time and again.

Guys, if you have a problem with a product, the internet is the last place you want to go with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cardboardkiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a new in the box rangefinder that I picked up early last year at a major national retailer that never would range beyond 37 yards on even a house. I sent it back to Bushnell and received my paperweight back along with a letter stating they no longer serviced that model and it would be a few hundred dollars for a replacement.

I should've immediately taken the rangefinder back to the store. </div></div>

that is pretty sad. when they could have sent you a new better model and kept a customer. ill keep that in mind when i get to picking out a rangefinder. and ill read the warranty on the spotter before i buy it too </div></div>

I would've been satisfied with, "Your model cost X, we will sell you this/these model(s) to you minus the purchase price of the unit you already bought."

Going by their letter, I would've ended up a couple of hundred dollars over retail on one of their new units, if you factored in the cost of the paperweight I had already purchased.

I had an old Bushnell 1200 yard rangefinder that gave me years and years and miles upon miles of great service. When the 1200 finally crapped out, I'm sure the seals went bad and moisture gathered in the unit, I was dead set on going back with Bushnell based on my previous experience.

A Leica CRF 1600 looks to be just what I need now.