• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Xeno vs Cherry bomb

Jmccracken1214

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 10, 2018
    Thomasville, NC
    Im currently set up with keymo, but just today started looking at xeno and plan b mounts.... While not as quick to detach as keymo, the plan b is very lo profile and much shorter than the keymo mount.

Any reason to go with one over the other?

XENO... Q mounts are known to carbon-lock and seize...Plus, all Kevin B products smell like a Summers Eve and are actually manufactured by Massengill.

Had not heard of these. Nice rear they have wrench flat if get stuck inside plan b. Xeno are heavier than cherry bombs.3.2 vs 2 oz

Last edited:
    Just saw these a few minutes ago on YouTube. Seem to solve the problem of possibly getting stuck in the can.

I think the xeno is better, hands down. LH threads are great, but I’m thinking to save .4” isn’t worth switching over from keymo… but with the wrench flats on reardens cherry bomb devices, I’ll be 1” shorter and that’ll be nice.

Another vote for Rearden.

High quality products, and the machined in wrench flats prevents a bad situation from getting worse.

I'm currently swapping everything over to Rearden.

I'll add that mechanically they are essentially the same, though I'm not convinced the LH threads of the Xeno are really any benefit over regular threads.

From a functionality standpoint, flip a coin. They both do essentially the same thing in a very similar manner.

Plan A is another good one that’s very similar, and the pricing is pretty reasonable. I’ve been happy with mine.

Well, I stumbled upon the YHM Kurz, which looks very good with the 2nd locking system, compared to plan b.

Also, reardens atlas, is good looking too.

I like the Plan B mount and the CB brake, it works very well inside a suppressor, not so much as a brake. Thousands of rounds down range through bolt gun and semi auto and have never had a plan B mount seize on a CB brake, I don't see any way possible for carbon to get to the threads.

Haters hate . Q has great design. No reason ever to shoot without can

Do you use the atlas or plan b? I guess they are the same thing??

Im looking at the XL now, since the standard atlas/plan b would require to run mini single port brakes... instead of a 2/3 chamber brake.
    For the suppressor mount/adapter I use the atlas xl. The Plan B + Cherry bomb works well for others, I just went with the company that isn't ran by an obnoxious twat. I will note that I have a handful of xeno muzzle devices and a mount as well, and no complaints there. Between the 3, not much difference, just pick the brakes/flash hiders you like and use the corresponding mount.

For the suppressor mount/adapter I use the atlas xl. The Plan B + Cherry bomb works well for others, I just went with the company that isn't ran by an obnoxious twat. I will note that I have a handful of xeno muzzle devices and a mount as well, and no complaints there. Between the 3, not much difference, just pick the brakes/flash hiders you like and use the corresponding mount.
    Being youve got experience with all of them if you had to go back and only pick one to run... which would you go with?

Im leaning towards Xeno, for the left hand threads only....

I like the shortness of the rearden stuff, even though Im seeing people say its louder with the shorter stuff?

I like both. I feel like the xeno adapter is quieter on my Omega, but that might be bro science. I think I might actually go to 100% cherry bombs because I have Trash Panda, and I'd kind of like to be able to swap cans around. The left hand threads are nice on the xeno, even though I've never had a cherry bomb get stuck. I think that's less of an issue with companies like Rearden making Q compatible muzzle devices with wrench flats. So...cherry bomb for me. I wish Dead Air made AK xeno stuff so I could easily swap my Wolverine around.

Reactions: Hobbes442