• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR Chassis Build Thread

@XLR Industries Did you guys stop making a bunch of chassis and inlets?

I saw that as well :oops:
We have discontinued the Evolution chassis, Evolution HD, Evolution BMG, and Carbon chassis. So at this time the Element and Envy Pro are the chassis offered. We will have other chassis options in the future (later this year and 2022). currently we are focusing on the chassis mentioned which are the high movers and our core.

We have discontinued the Evolution chassis, Evolution HD, Evolution BMG, and Carbon chassis. So at this time the Element and Envy Pro are the chassis offered. We will have other chassis options in the future (later this year and 2022). currently we are focusing on the chassis mentioned which are the high movers and our core.
Do you plan on offering a chassis for the larger actions for elr? The evo was a great option for ELR

Do you plan on offering a chassis for the larger actions for elr? The evo was a great option for ELR
That is something that very well might happen in the future. nothing is in the works at this time. We are very busy with the core chassis. I would imagine we will not start even designing a new platform for the oversized cartridges until possible 2022 at the earliest.

Ended up making a couple stainless handgairds at 24” for our elr rifles.
49AFECDE-1EE1-4212-BEDA-D866A8527716.jpeg

I just bought a Gen 1 Element on the PX and would like to add a handguard or an NV bridge @XLR

Last edited:
Reviving this thread :)

This year I was finally able to build my first personal precision rifle build and I've already made some changes which I believe it is nearly complete now. -Richard

Earlier setup
Zero Compromise Optic ZC527 5-27x56 M3X NLE
Hawkins Precision Heavy Tactical 1" rings
Impact Precision 737R Action AW Cut
Bartlein Carbon Fiber M24 chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor and threaded by Rubicon Precision
Bix and Andy Tac Sport Pro
MBM self timing Brake
XLR Industries Element 4.0 Magnesium with Carbon Fiber stock and grip
MDT magazines
Atlas Cal Bipod
Total weight just under 12 pounds with the bipod and no magazine

IMG-1982.JPG

Current setup with changes

Changed my setup from the XLR Element 4.0 Magnesium to the Envy Pro JV, decided to go from the NRL Hunter Lightweight open setup to the NRL Hunter Heavyweight open setup with a XLR Envy Pro with C6. The balance of this setup is amazing. Changed out the Hawkins rings to an ARC M-Brace mount 1.27" 20 MOA since I wanted inclination for the typical distances that I'm shooting which is out to ~1,200 yards with consistency but will try a little farther if conditions allow me. I hope to shoot this new setup soon!

Future changes
Hawkins Heavy Tactical 1.26" 20 MOA mount to replace this borrowed ARC mount.
Grab an additional Bartlein or Benchmark 26" 6mm Creed or GT barrel

Weight
XLR Element 4.0 Magnesium 11 pounds 11 ounces with bipod
XLR Envy Pro w/o weights as seen below 14 pounds 1.5 ounces with bipod

IMG-3197.jpg

IMG-3239.jpg

Reactions: 4RingShooter

This year I was finally able to build my first personal precision rifle build and I've already made some changes which I believe it is nearly complete now. -Richard

Earlier setup
Bartlein Carbon Fiber M24 chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor and threaded by Rubicon Precision
MBM self timing Brake
MDT magazines
Atlas Cal Bipod

View attachment 7981134

Changed my setup from the XLR Element 4.0 Magnesium to the Envy Pro JV, decided to go from the NRL Hunter Lightweight open setup to the NRL Hunter Heavyweight open setup with a XLR Envy Pro with C6. The balance of this setup is amazing. Changed out the Hawkins rings to an ARC M-Brace mount 1.27" 20 MOA since I wanted inclination for the typical distances that I'm shooting which is out to ~1,200 yards with consistency but will try a little farther if conditions allow me. I hope to shoot this new setup soon!

Future changes

Weight

View attachment 7981136

View attachment 7981138

Earlier setup
MBM self timing Brake
MDT magazines
Atlas Cal Bipod

View attachment 7981134

Future changes

Weight

View attachment 7981136

View attachment 7981138
Nice Gallardo and 308 in the background.

Reactions: CSTactical
Here are a couple of mine. I think I am up to 6 XLR Chassis.

22181432_10103452899189723_1814960831626741291_o.jpg

Rem 700 in 260 rem
Hawkhill Barrel
In Gen 1 Element in this photo now in Gen 1 Envy
Timney CE
Vortex Razor Gen II
Seekins Rings
Build by Isaac at SIP

49755970_10104436389517223_1213188240891183104_n.jpg

Vudoo V22
Gen I Element
Vortex Gen II PST
Seeking Rings
Vudoo 40moa rail
Timney CE Trigger

21125759_10103370512358593_342122419766322502_o.jpg

AERO M5
Proof Research 308
Geisele DMR Trigger
Seekins optic mount 20moa
XLR TR Buttstock
Bushnell DMR 3.5-21

Others are
Impact SIP 6Dasher Envy
Savage 10 223 Gen I Element
CZ 455 XLR Evolution

Earlier setup
MBM self timing Brake
MDT magazines
Atlas Cal Bipod

View attachment 7981134

Future changes

Weight

View attachment 7981136

View attachment 7981138
Looking at rocking a setup similar to yours in the Envy Pro, with the long NV mount, do you think you'd be able to fit a ZC527 with a 1.18" height SPUHR?

image2 (1).jpeg

Bergara B14 action chambered in .308 win.
APA "little bastard" muzzle brake.
24" Shilen heavy profile.
Gen 1 Element chassis, with C6 buttsock.
Sawtooth rifles full length arca.
Vortex Gen 3 Razor with vortex rings.
Triggertech Primary.
16 LBS unloaded.

Element chassis
C-6 with weights and bag rider
Hunter dbm
Chassis weight kit
Kelbly Atlas Tactical long action magnum bolt 20moa
Krieger 30" heavy marksman contour 8.750 twist
Chambered in 7-300 PRC
MB&M brake
ERGO grip
Triggertech Diamond Pro
Hawkins one piece mount
Tract Toric 4.5-30x56 MRAD
FAB Defense spike bipod
Custom Cerakote
Probably some other things that I can't think of at the moment.
PXL_20230611_013140281~2.jpg
PXL_20230611_012752086~3.jpg

I’ll play.

Vudoo V-22 barreled action w/ 22” Bartlein 1.200” profile barrel.
XLR Envy Pro chassis w/ C6 buttstock
MDT vertical grip (felt better than the Ergo, and the Ergo got repurposed onto an AR)
TT Diamond 2-stage, flat
Atlas CAL w/ A419 arca clamp
Burris XTR Pro scope w/ Burris rings (MK Machine turret magnifier)
Weighs in right around 17 lbs 4 oz and balances perfectly without any chassis weights

IMG_6414.jpeg

I picked up a certificate for a Zermatt/Bighorn action off a prize table earlier this summer. Thinking Origin action and will likely drop it into another XLR chassis I like this one so much.

Are there 2 versions of the Envy Pro or when they say "The new ENVY Pro rifle chassis" they just mean it's new? Was it ever revised? I know it's a few years old, got mine a few years ago.

Mine's just a crap rifle. Need to figure out what I want to do with it.

Attachments

• 09DC354D1EC6000098C00002-attachment-1-image000000.jpg
    09DC354D1EC6000098C00002-attachment-1-image000000.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 38
Are there 2 versions of the Envy Pro or when they say "The new ENVY Pro rifle chassis" they just mean it's new? Was it ever revised? I know it's a few years old, got mine a few years ago.

Mine's just a crap rifle. Need to figure out what I want to do with it.
I think the only major revisions would be the C6 now, and the adjustable mag latch.

I think the only major revisions would be the C6 now, and the adjustable mag latch.
So the mag latch was the revision. So there's a new and old ENVY Pro... Guess I have to look at mine. Just curious.
That C6 is sharp! Ughhhhh.

I'm thinking of my first rifle build. I'm not going to build it, but will have it built by someone else. I'm a newbie so mind my ignorance and some of my questions that will come off as such. I have some questions if you don't mind...

I'd like to keep the cost down as much as I can but be realistic as well. XLR Element chambered in 7mm PRC. I'm not looking for the highest end parts, just good quality parts for the money.

Does XLR build/assemble the rifle by request or do I have to hire a private gunsmith to do it? Which is the best way?

Chassis: Aluminum or magnesium? Which one holds up better long term with less chances of damages etc?
Action: Howa 1500 or Tikka T3 Long?
Barrel: I'd like a 24" to 26" inch threaded barrel. Who makes a good barrel for the price?
Scope: Athlon, Arken, Burris?
Rings: Are the XLR scope rings good quality?

Last edited:
7prc on a Bergara action
Xlr magnesium chassis
MDT grip
Hawke 4-16x56
Magnesium chassis is extremely light and super convenient for backpack hunts.
.750 with 175 gr ELDX at 100 yards

Attachments

• IMG_3713.jpeg
    IMG_3713.jpeg
    238.3 KB · Views: 23
I suppose one thing to keep in mind might be that you understand that a barrel is a consumable item, while a lot of other parts regularly aren't. So I would just like to pass on the helpful tip that you make sure to take the time to analyze where you are doing your spending and maybe that you don't make the same purchase twice on some of your key items.

So just from a chassis standpoint for example, what are you intending to do with the rifle? And probably more importantly, what are you actually going to end up doing with it? The magnesium chassis for example is I think $200 more than the aluminum. Is there probably a place that 200 could be better spent? Maybe, maybe not, but realistically you will be the only one that can really answer that question. Just your individual intended use and the amount of use might help you steer your decisions.

Also, another thing I think you'll start to find as you get further into this is that a chassis precision bolt gun is kind of like a bucket of Legos. You can change things up very easily at almost any point in the future. I admit when I was growing up and maybe even up until 10 years ago, always viewed buying a precision rifle as something that I bought off the gun shelf at a real gun shop and not just the glass case at Walmart...
So all that being said, the post above me was pretty good advice also. Something like a bergara would work with your price range. It could be swapped over to an XLR at some point down the road. I know ALTUS has barreled actions in 7PRC available, probably bugholes and a handful of others in a reasonable price range.

One last thing and I'll cut myself off. I'd check the classified section on the forum here because you could probably find a great deal from someone on here selling something really nice for a good price. Possibly with higher quality components than you could afford new, and the depth of knowledge the person who is selling it to you might have and be willing to pass on could be worth more than whatever you could possibly spend on a rifle. I hope maybe something in this post helps you out. Congratulations on creating a new mental disorder for yourself hahaha. Best of luck.