• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR chassis for thermal bolt gun?

EastCOYotes

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2019
Idalia Colorado
Anyone using an XLR or similar chassis that allows a short LOP for getting close eye relief for a thermal?

The buffer tubes on their chassis’ make me think I could use an adjustable butt stock to get it real compact like an AR?

I love night hunting with my AR and thinking this might provide the same feel on a bolt gun. Also the XLR carbon chassis is nice and light weight for a hunting/carry gun.

Anyone using an XLR or similar chassis that allows a short LOP for getting close eye relief for a thermal?

The buffer tubes on their chassis’ make me think I could use an adjustable butt stock to get it real compact like an AR?

I love night hunting with my AR and thinking this might provide the same feel on a bolt gun. Also the XLR carbon chassis is nice and light weight for a hunting/carry gun.

I know this is an old thread, but did you ever solve this issue? I'm struggling to find a solution for a bolt gun that provides good FOV through thermal.

Q Fix, Sig Cross, and similar type chassis bolt rifles will work if you are looking for a new factory option. Allows you to adjust LOP and the cheek rest to get it all lined up….plus push the scope further back to your eye. At one time I ran a Trijicon Reap 35 and a Nvision Halo on my Fix. Reap worked ok, but when I got the Halo I swapped the ADM mount with a Bobro mount and was able to get it adjusted just right….the Bobro allowed the scope to be moved even further back towards my eye.

I know this is an old thread, but did you ever solve this issue? I'm struggling to find a solution for a bolt gun that provides good FOV through thermal.

I run an XLR TR2 on an AR platfrom thermal rig. It certainly will collapse to get you the eye relief you are wanting. The downside is that while it is pretty generous in its adjustment range, it takes some monkey'ing with to adjust each time (winter clothing, other shooters etc...).

My thermal setup is in a manners LRH and it works great. What scope are you struggling with?

My thermal setup is in a manners LRH and it works great. What scope are you struggling with?

Nvision NOX 35. I need like 9" LOP to use it on a "normal" rifle.

See pics. On an AR I can get it much further back in relation to the trigger, but on a bolt gun (or any rifle stock with a 13" LOP) it is way too far forward to use with a shuttered eye guard and I am looking through a tunnel. I have tried it on AIs, MDTs, MPAs, etc none of them reduce the LOP enough to easily see through the optic.

yote.jpeg
RA.jpeg

Nvision NOX 35. I need like 9" LOP to use it on a "normal" rifle.

See pics. On an AR I can get it much further back in relation to the trigger, but on a bolt gun (or any rifle stock with a 13" LOP) it is way too far forward to use with a shuttered eye guard and I am looking through a tunnel. I have tried it on AIs, MDTs, MPAs, etc none of them reduce the LOP enough to easily see through the optic.

View attachment 8113370View attachment 8113369
Have you looked into different scope mounts? I think Bobro makes one that extends it back farther. I don’t think you’ll get your LOP short enough on a bolt gun to make that comfortable.

This type of thing:

Xlr's NV bridge sucks, really tall. I had to mill 1/4 off mine and run a low pro Pic rail and 1.5" rings to get my eotech CLIPIR LR to aling with my scope.

Have you looked into different scope mounts? I think Bobro makes one that extends it back farther. I don’t think you’ll get your LOP short enough on a bolt gun to make that comfortable.

This type of thing:

I love you.

• Haha
Reactions: Pat McGroin

This type of thing:

Seriously this is awesome. I had no idea this existed - in fact when I saw your post my first thought was "Dude regular extended scope mounts don't work with NOX thermals"

I've already placed the order. This is absolutely perfect. Now I can run any chassis/stock I want with great eye relief.

Seriously this is awesome. I had no idea this existed - in fact when I saw your post my first thought was "Dude regular extended scope mounts don't work with NOX thermals"

I've already placed the order. This is absolutely perfect. Now I can run any chassis/stock I want with great eye relief.
Nice. Hope it works well.