• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XP 100 conversion

bealsjw

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2009
Ft. Collins, CO
I have a friend looking for info on converting a Rem Xp-100 pistol into a rifle. I am trying to find out what calibers this action supports. It looks alot like a Rem700 SA, but I don't think it is.

Re: XP 100 conversion

The XP100 action is the same action as the Model 600 action that was used in many a repeater rifle from Remington but without the hole in the bottom. 600s were available in 223, 308, and a few short magnums. The action is available today still in a rifle known as the XR100.

It is thought to be a fine a single shot accuracy action.

The XP is a single shot, so it all comes down to bolt face as to what cartridges it will accept.

Kevin Weaver does a lot of XP100 work so you might want to talk to him about a build. www.weaverrifles.com

this one is chambered for .35rem. I believe this means .243 and .308 are already fit to this action? he owns a .270 and .22-250 so I don't really know what to recommend. he wants something for elk that he will be confident with from 4-500yds. how is that 6.5? I know he won't spend alot of money so he wwon't change the bolt out for this. I will check with mcmillan and HS for stock options, any other ideas? Thanks for the help.

I forgot to say that the handle on the bolt is the same as a 700. I am beginning to wonder if I got the model wrong. he purchased it in '04 or '05 and the stock on it is a Mcmillan if this helps.

7-08 with as long a barrel as possible?
338 Federal?

6.5 Rem Mag is a 0.534" bolt face and probably wouldn't be a great match up to 14" barrel.

I am trying to talk him into making a rifle out of it so... yes it is the rear grip model and is a repeater. he never uses it in the current config. so I thought he might as well put the action to better use.

You would be way better off to sell it and buy what you want. Those things are pretty pricey.
T

I was thinking that it could be done for $12-1500? The reason it is appealing is that since he doesn't use it he can spread it out.

The XP100Rs are wholly suitable for a rifle build. Any Rem Mod 7 stock will work just fine allowing barrel contour.

I did this one as a switch stock convertible.

As a handgun...

DSCN2272.jpg

As a rifle...

DSCN2277.jpg

The rifle stock is a Accurate Innovations walnut stock with the full length aluminum bedding block. The barrel is a 1-12 Krieger chambered in 308Win.

hangunnr

Sell it and buy one of the discontinued stainless Model 7's in 300 SAUM.........Zander's still has them for less than $450.....add shipping and dealers fees and you would probably break even for what you can get for the XP!!

i know this is an old thread, i just picked up a xp100r in 22-250. is there any paperwork you had to fill out or get approved for turning a pistol in to a rifle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ThaRoosteR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i know this is an old thread, i just picked up a xp100r in 22-250. is there any paperwork you had to fill out or get approved for turning a pistol in to a rifle? </div></div>

Don't think there is you just can't go the other way without permission. There were plenty of the original XP-100 turned into BR gun's great action to build on.

Old thread here but saw the XP-100 and got my attention. Back in the day of my silhouette days I had SSK build me a 338CJMK. That is short for "C" Crowley who was SSK's gunsmith at the time, "J" Jones being JD Jones the owner of SSK, "M" Mastedon which was a 100lb steel Mastedon target at the old Toronto silhouette range, "K" Killer cause it was one of the few guns that always knocked it down at 200 yards. It's a 35rem case necked down to 338. Excellent hunting round, way more than was needed for silhouette but I never lost a ram. Used it on a 500 yard rifle silhouette range in PA one time and tied the top rifle score so it is very accurate at long ranges.

I believe I was getting 2100fps with the 200 grain Hornady bullet with a 12" barrel.

For what you're wanting I think it might be an excellent option.

http://sskindustries.com/

Topstrap