• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Xylo cerakote - taking it apart

fmorelli

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2020
Hi All, I'm looking to go two-tone on my Xylo chassis - basically shoot the main chassis Patriot Brown. I'm wondering if anyone here has disassembled the Xylo chassis and has any advice before I go exploring. Ideally I'd love to pull everything off the core chassis - this would include pop-out sight (I think the small hex screw locks that in place), the adjustable buttstock rods (not sure how they are held in place - maybe the hex screw between the rods is attached to some kind of locking mechanism?

PXL_20230831_163357606.jpg

Pretty sure that loosening the screw you have arrowed and backing it out allows space for some spring loaded wedged bits to retract back into the center of the stock body thus disengaging from the rods and you should then be able to pull the rods out.
Its real obvious once you take it apart, its a bit harder to try and type out with my dumb ass vocabulary.

You can see on their illustration that its got the same sort of slots cut in it on the chassis side as it does on the butt side.
1693509010923.png

I honestly cant remember how the bubble level is assembled.

Edit: my attempt at illustration, as the screw goes in it forces the bits apart which locks them into the rods, when the screw comes out it allows the rods to retract.
1693509881226.png

Last edited:
Reactions: fmorelli
Pretty sure that loosening the screw you have arrowed and backing it out allows space for some spring loaded wedged bits to retract back into the center of ...
thanks for the detailed response. I sort of guessed it might be something like that.

On the bubble level, my guess is this small screw holds the body in place:

PXL_20230831_162308640.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230831_162308640.jpg
    PXL_20230831_162308640.jpg
    652.7 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: spife7980