• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Xylo Chassis Install Question

MuleyTime

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2008
Utah
I have already reached out and waiting for an answer from ARC, but in the meantime.....Hoping someone has experience and answers.

Trying to install my LonePeak barreled action into a new Xylo chassis. The first issue I encountered is the recoil lug is too big to fit into the Xylo wedge slot. I'm stumped as I would like to take advantage of the lug wedge system. However, does this simply mean that I can't utilize that system and need to remove the wedge altogether? If this is the case, I would think this would have been mentioned on ARC's videos and website.

The second issue is that the action screws were shipped taped together. The install of the forward screw is obvious, but the rear screw not so much. Do I need to remove the grip to install the rear action screw?

Thanks!

I have already reached out and waiting for an answer from ARC, but in the meantime.....Hoping someone has experience and answers.

Trying to install my LonePeak barreled action into a new Xylo chassis. The first issue I encountered is the recoil lug is too big to fit into the Xylo wedge slot. I'm stumped as I would like to take advantage of the lug wedge system. However, does this simply mean that I can't utilize that system and need to remove the wedge altogether? If this is the case, I would think this would have been mentioned on ARC's videos and website.

The second issue is that the action screws were shipped taped together. The install of the forward screw is obvious, but the rear screw not so much. Do I need to remove the grip to install the rear action screw?

Thanks!
It’s possible that it wouldn’t fit the recoil lug. Or they may be able to provide a thinner wedge. I took that out for my Vudoo and it works fine.

Yes, you need to remove the grip for the rear action screw. Once it’s in place, it can be loosened without removing the grip, if you have a thin enough driver.

I've never used the wedge in either of my Xylos... Still shoots tiny groups.
I'd say enjoy it without a wedge while you wait on the correct sized wedge.
You probably won't notice a difference.

Reactions: MuleyTime
That's great! I want to utilize that feature and can't wait to try this chassis. It seems very well engineered.

Just purchased an lp fuzion and came across this thread, which clamp ended up working for you? I’m seeing a 0.25 and 0.313 on their site. Also, have you tried using AW mags with the xylo + lp?

Just purchased an lp fuzion and came across this thread, which clamp ended up working for you? I’m seeing a 0.25 and 0.313 on their site. Also, have you tried using AW mags with the xylo + lp?
I tried just both and I believe I went with the larger of the two. That being said, I didn't think it fit perfectly, and as others have stated I wouldn't even worry about installing it.

AW mags only for me. However, I needed to get a shorter or higher (can't remember which) mag catch from ARC. The original didn't allow the AW mag to sit high enough and there was nothing but trouble. Once I got the other mag catch, the AW's would sit a touch higher and they ran perfectly....I mean perfectly :)

I tried just both and I believe I went with the larger of the two. That being said, I didn't think it fit perfectly, and as others have stated I wouldn't even worry about installing it.

AW mags only for me. However, I needed to get a shorter or higher (can't remember which) mag catch from ARC. The original didn't allow the AW mag to sit high enough and there was nothing but trouble. Once I got the other mag catch, the AW's would sit a touch higher and they ran perfectly....I mean perfectly :)
Awesome, thank you so much!

The arc actions have a thinner recoil lug vs most rem700 custom clones. Arc ships their chassis with the wedge that fits their recoil lugs. When you order your chasis, let the crew at ARC know your recoil lug thickness and they'll likely provide the proper wedge to start. I know i have to run a different wedge to use by bighorn, vs my gen2 nucleus. The Xylo is a solid chassis.

I just put in an order for the lugs and taller mag catch for the xylo I ordered. The taller mag catch wasn’t on the website, but they had it in stock when I called. Thanks all.

The .25 ended up fitting perfectly, enough to where I first questioned if it was getting in the way of the action install. While installing the action I had to push the lug up and outwards with the screws partially inserted. Followed along with the xylo assembly video, snugged all and then torqued the lug screws, front action screw, and rear action screw in order.

Reactions: AllenOne1
AW mags didn’t work out of the box for me, but now I got them at least feeding correctly, maybe not perfectly smoothly.

rifle: lp fuzion, 308bf
chassis: xylo w/high mag catch
caliber: 6gt

ai aics mag: adjust feed lips, front bit outwards, rear slightly inwards.

accurate mag: same as above, but much rougher at the moment and rounds present at a little too high an angle at the moment, have to redo this one

aw mag: Some feed lip adjustment to raise the rounds a little higher, a little wider in front narrower in rear. With the stock follower/spring cases were catching the walls/lips near the body/neck transition and tilting the rear of the cartridge down, causing the bolt to ride over. The stronger spring tension/follower design on the mrd followers seems to fix that (it does make the bolt close noticeably heavier)

@johnsixforty arc aics mags have been 100% reliable in 6gt/22gt in my Xylo with arc or bighorn actions. If you have a mag height issue, common with aw mags, arc has a longer mag latch you can file to custom fit.

@johnsixforty arc aics mags have been 100% reliable in 6gt/22gt in my Xylo with arc or bighorn actions. If you have a mag height issue, common with aw mags, arc has a longer mag latch you can file to custom fit.

Yup, I bought the taller latch. I’m waiting to try an arc mag, but can’t find it in stock anywhere.

All those mags work now, just took some slight adjustments. The ai brand aics mag fed from the start even with the tall mag latch, did very little to that one.