• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ya know what, I'm sick of sensational crap.

Re: Ya know what, I'm sick of sensational crap.

see two cops working together to prove they are right

i hope your not updating on the road that isnt safe you can get a ticket for that<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh so now it has to be ON DUTY? You're the one who originally stated that cops cover up for other cops. You never specified whether or not the guy had to be working. But, I'll play your game. I'm on the road now and doing this shit from my phone. But look up the name Justin Volpe and Kenneth Moreno.

No cover ups and all parties held accountable as they should.

As far as the SWAT team goes, what about them? Not familiar with the case but by your own words they were held accountable for what they did. Is it their fault that the judge didn't sentence them for a longer prison term? </div></div>

They couldn't help NOT to fall for it. Took the bait, hook line and sinker just like we knew they would. No surprise here at all. The same clowns fighting for a spot on the same bandwagon. Not one with the ability to think for himself. Not one on here man enough to admit wrong when faced with the facts.

It doesn't change a thing though, the job is still going to get done with or without the fanfare. With our without "their" support.

I support my local police most of them are good guys and they will be the first to tell you that same lame line when asked some cops dont always abide by the same laws you and i do and it makes them sick that they get draged into the whole you have to look out for you brother in blue if you want backup when you need it and thats just ashame. i was going to stay out of this one you guys do plenty of stuff that is good and it is a thankless job i hope the best for you and safe travels but the thing that most of them get pissed about when i ask them when someone dose come forward and outs someone for what they did and this is coming from the horses mouth is that dude got a slap on the rist he should have been fired now i have to keep working with them

the police should be held to a code by each other and if they cant they shouldnt be cops a good cop shouldnt have to worry about not getting backup because he outed a bad cop. to me a bad cop is a bad guy why would you have to worry about other cops not wanting to back you up if all you did was get a bad cop (bad guy) of the street

like i said i hope the best for you stay safe if your on here defending your brothers i can respect that and there is nothing wrong with that as long as they arent the bad ones

This thread could use some help hence my gift to all of you;

tj_hooker-show_7555.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cav3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I support my local police most of them are good guys and they will be the first to tell you that same lame line when asked some cops dont always abide by the same laws you and i do and it makes them sick that they get draged into the whole you have to look out for you brother in blue if you want backup when you need it and thats just ashame. i was going to stay out of this one you guys do plenty of stuff that is good and it is a thankless job i hope the best for you and safe travels but the thing that most of them get pissed about when i ask them when someone dose come forward and outs someone for what they did and this is coming from the horses mouth is that dude got a slap on the rist he should have been fired now i have to keep working with them

the police should be held to a code by each other and if they cant they shouldnt be cops a good cop shouldnt have to worry about not getting backup because he outed a bad cop. to me a bad cop is a bad guy why would you have to worry about other cops not wanting to back you up if all you did was get a bad cop (bad guy) of the street

like i said i hope the best for you stay safe if your on here defending your brothers i can respect that and there is nothing wrong with that as long as they arent the bad ones </div></div>

This this one time at band camp.....we we had a spelling bee and and learned about puncuations and and sentence structure........and and then nobody could call us illiterate dumb asses again!!!!
wink.gif

Sorry, after reading that flippin drivel I just couldn't help myself. Guess I was the 'dumb ass' for taking the time to try and read it! Just pretty hard to take someone serious when you really can't understand their point? .....or is it just me?
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh so now it has to be ON DUTY? You're the one who originally stated that cops cover up for other cops. You never specified whether or not the guy had to be working. But, I'll play your game. <span style="font-weight: bold">I'm on the road now and doing this shit from my phone.</span> But look up the name Justin Volpe and Kenneth Moreno.

No cover ups and all parties held accountable as they should.

As far as the SWAT team goes, what about them? Not familiar with the case but by your own words they were held accountable for what they did. Is it their fault that the judge didn't sentence them for a longer prison term? </div></div>

A cop on his phone while driving? NO WAY!!! Gotta love double standards... And no matter what people may say, Heros DO exist! They may not think they are and may only think that they are doing their jobs but they are out there and good news does happen on a daily basis. And while everyone here is bickering over "who has the most dangerous job" bullshit, there are Marines and soldiers in Afghanistan RIGHT NOW taking enemy fire.... How selfish and blind some people can be...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cav3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I support my local police most of them are good guys and they will be the first to tell you that same lame line when asked some cops dont always abide by the same laws you and i do and it makes them sick that they get draged into the whole you have to look out for you brother in blue if you want backup when you need it and thats just ashame. i was going to stay out of this one you guys do plenty of stuff that is good and it is a thankless job i hope the best for you and safe travels but the thing that most of them get pissed about when i ask them when someone dose come forward and outs someone for what they did and this is coming from the horses mouth is that dude got a slap on the rist he should have been fired now i have to keep working with them

like i said i hope the best for you stay safe if your on here defending your brothers i can respect that and there is nothing wrong with that as long as they arent the bad ones </div></div>

<span style="color: #000099"> And yet again, the same story repeats itself. Its not even an argument since it has been confirmed numerous times. But there still seems to be this biased stigma where all we want is for the "bad" to be the "only" allowable topic with LE. This thread just proved it. I say I am going for a change of pace, what were the results? No one wants to acknowledge the stories I posted. They want to minimize it, mock the accomplishment, and go RIGHT BACK TO THIER AGENDA. This proves something. It proves that the cops arent the only ones that need to be holding themselves to a higher standard. It proves that its really not "what the cops did wrong." Its simple predjudice. Its the monkey see, monkey do attitude. Like I've said before, maybe you got a ticket, and the cop was a dick, now you can get yours on the web with every negative cop post. Perhaps mommy n daddy were dirtbags and taught you to hate the cops. It could be you or someone you know were a legitimate victim of a dirty cop. Although there are probably less in the latter than there claim to be; the guy with the speeding ticket can scream they're a victim too, and that doesnt count. Maybe your just an asshole with an attitude and the cop met you at your own level, now all of a sudden you got a reason to be bitter with cops. Did I leave any out?

The reason this post got the negative, snide and disrespectful comments is simple. Those who refuse to acknowledge that there are good cops, and those that refuse to let it happen without the un-needed reminder that there are "bad ones". Because if you let a post like this go without that, HOLY SHIT, the skies will fall, rain will go up, oceans will dry out, or the hand of God will come down and snuff out their life as it now has no meaning because they remained silent. Have I been accurate so far? Did I miss anything? Can anyone present a reasonable response to this? In a way Slap is right. The sheep were baited and they jumped on it like a bitch in heat.

Oh, and Cav3, your other post of two cops backing each other up...What was your plan or line of thought with that one? Is there some problem with that. Does one group of individuals not have the right to defend themselves against irrational and unreasonable predjudice. Or are we meant to lay down and take it because its some kind of taboo nowadays for cops to be able to defend themselves? I am curious.

To those that have shown support and kind words, I do thank you. It goes a long way. </span>

I guess you can hate the boy in this art...the rest of us.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread could use some help hence my gift to all of you;

tj_hooker-show_7555.jpg
</div></div>

I got a red X on that one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #000099">Slap, I think you should let sleeping sheep lie on this one. This little experiment proved exactly what I was talking about. It the SAME EXACT people, saying the SAME EXACT drivel. This was ment to promote the good things that police do, and the usual gang of morons has to come in and oppose the idea. Its very obvious. You know what conclusion came out of all this? You are all hypocrites. Plain and simple. You want to accuse LE of acting out to lesser standards, put out statements of LE not doing their job, when I put up MULTIPLE news articles that state otherwise, you did EXACTLY what was expected. You minimize the issue, pull out the smoke n mirrors to try to redirect the topic to negative events, just to defend and make reinforcments to your claims. You have accomplished NOTHING! Yes, your right, whatever news article you put up of LE doing wrong is an obvious black eye. But you have not taken away from the good things by doing so. If this fact bothers you, then you got some issues you need to work out. Another fact is, many of those here have their own agendas, and I never trust anyone with an agenda. Going above and beyond to try and dismantle any trust with LEOs makes you worse than the most crooked polititians, and less trustworthy than the most lowly and unethical LEO. That my friends is a fact. This whole post just proves my point that there are those with an agenda here. The ones who were first to jump on this to challenge it proved my point exactly. I beg someone to argue this with any credible evidence to challenge it.

Tell these guys

your job is more dangerous

Oh wait.......

You can't. </span> </div></div>

I'm really not trying to argue, I'm trying to get the facts inline so I can better understand the argument as I do think for myself and try to understand the facts. Its hard to receive tone online so with that being said, my questions are serious questions not to be meant sarcastically. A couple of the links you posted and have posted in this thread are for correctional officers. Are they considered cops? Is there a difference between a law enforcement officer and a corrections officer? Does a corrections officer have the authority to arrest/detain and write citations? Do they have all of the same duties and responsibilities as a LEO? Is there a Legal difference between the two?

And keep the stories coming by the way. They are good reads and I'm still waiting for one from my neck of the woods.

Some are good some not so much. It's always nice to see good stories like those above. There are many in government, law enforcement, etc. who do not want to be held accountable. That is why the sensational stories are important, so that it isn't just swept under the rug.

<span style="color: #000099"> Corrections Officers are no less a peace officer than a patrol officer. Some agencies require custodial staff to attend the same academies (mostly a modified version) as patrol officers. Believe it or not, look at the US Marshals. Aside from their fugitive retreival tasks, they are required to do detention work quite often. No we do not write citations, no we do not have the same responsibilities as a police officer. But neither do bailiffs, parole, or animal control officers. Being a LEO is not limited to driving around on the streets in marked vehicles, or doing detective work.

You want facts? Facts for what? That LEOs actually do thier job, and are not the rights violating, tyrants that many individuals on this site want them to be? Guess what, I gave those. As you can see there is no shortage of good stories that LE performs. Douche bags want to down play the dangers of the job so they can rationalize their bias torwards the profession. There were two purposes of this post.

1. Acknowledge the fact that while the media doesn't always let on to it, police are not abusive, distrustful liars bent on dominating the lives of those they are paid to protect.

2. To see just how much it would irritate those who cant stand to see anything positive posted regarding LE. That worked about as good as it could.

For some reason, it seams that media articles are the only solid proof that people will listen to, especially if the particular media group meets their agenda. Its sad in the fact that even with these articles, there are those with such strong resent, hate, and predjudice, they not only refuse to acknowledge, but feel it necessary to go out of their way to constantly put in that reminder of the negative. They want it present at all times, and cant even take a moment, or let a moment take place, without it.

I dont know, maybe its fear. People are afraid that if more people were to realize that the news is not the police, and the stories you mostly see, are not what LE is about. Those with their own agendas are scared that a thread like this would prove them wrong. All the efforts made to turn against the idea of LE is challenged, and as we all know, no one likes to have their power challenged. All this sensational crap that the same people want to post just get more people to rally with them, under the guise of "keeping them informed".

Also, on a final note. The same source that I got most of those articles from, also has several articles of LEOs answering for the decisions they make. Which still reinforces my statements of "just because you do not read about it, does not mean it isn't happening." </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #000099"> No we do not write citations, no we do not have the same responsibilities as a police officer. </span> </div></div>

Wait, you are a corrections officer?

I can appreciate what you are trying to do but your arguments are mostly by in large, crap.

There are good police officers, bad police officers, good departments, bad departments, good officers making bad decisions, bad officers doing good but as a citizen you are responsible for your own well being.

You have to assume that there is no white knight police officer that is going to bail you out of a potential legal quagmire by interacting with them. The more contact, the more that you call upon their aid the more opportunities that are created for trouble.

There is no requirement for a police officer to be honest and yet anything that you say can and will be used against you. As a citizen you are forced to comply with their will with no immediate recourse and give up your most important freedoms upon request.

This is the inherent problem. People are simply better off avoiding interactions with unknown police officers.

It is better to tread carefully around law enforcement than embrace it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shark0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #000099"> No we do not write citations, no we do not have the same responsibilities as a police officer. </span> </div></div>

Wait, you are a corrections officer?

I can appreciate what you are trying to do but your arguments are mostly by in large, crap.

There are good police officers, bad police officers, good departments, bad departments, good officers making bad decisions, bad officers doing good but as a citizen you are responsible for your own well being.

You have to assume that there is no white knight police officer that is going to bail you out of a potential legal quagmire by interacting with them. The more contact, the more that you call upon their aid the more opportunities that are created for trouble.

There is no requirement for a police officer to be honest and yet anything that you say can and will be used against you. As a citizen you are forced to comply with their will with no immediate recourse and give up your most important freedoms upon request.

This is the inherent problem. People are simply better off avoiding interactions with unknown police officers.

It is better to tread carefully around law enforcement than embrace it.
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000099"> Really? No requirement to be honest? Wow, I missed that memo. Last I knew, if I were to be dishonest, I lose my job. The same rule applied when I was a street cop too. Oh, please tell me how, by me being a CO, has any bearing on this topic. I would love to hear you OPINION, as I am sure you MUST have leaps and bounds of knowledge and experience to be able to articulate that statement. But it was a nice try. Can't find any credible argument, so now with me being the OP, the only resort left is to question my credentials. Well, I assure you, I have the experience from both sides to have a say in the matter.

If you feel you need to keep a distance from cops, thats your choice, as I am sure you have nothing but solid, credible, and rational logic and experience to validate that. Could you please explain how my arguments are crap? Thats a rather hollow statement when you dont back it up with anything. This whole post is proof of my statements. Where's yours? </span>

<span style="color: #000099">Oh yeah, I almost forgot.

In the end I really don't care what the general opinion is. Everyone is entitled to it. I get defensive when I see slanderous, biased and sensational garbage thats used to further ones own agenda. There is a diffrence between expressing a peronal opinon, and presenting a personal opinion as facts, and I have zero issues with explaining it. If you cant tell the diffrence, oh well. </span>

Oh no, not another one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="color: #000099"> Really? No requirement to be honest? Wow, I missed that memo. Last I knew, if I were to be dishonest, I lose my job. The same rule applied when I was a street cop too. Oh, please tell me how, by me being a CO, has any bearing on this topic. I would love to hear you OPINION, as I am sure you MUST have leaps and bounds of knowledge and experience to be able to articulate that statement. But it was a nice try. Can't find any credible argument, so now with me being the OP, the only resort left is to question my credentials. Well, I assure you, I have the experience from both sides to have a say in the matter.

If you feel you need to keep a distance from cops, thats your choice, as I am sure you have nothing but solid, credible, and rational logic and experience to validate that. Could you please explain how my arguments are crap? Thats a rather hollow statement when you dont back it up with anything. This whole post is proof of my statements. Where's yours? </span> </div></div>

Corrections officers are a rather fragmented group. I employed security officers that performed as corrections officers and as you have stated there are varying standards. Many would not be considered law enforcement officers and I find your flag waving given the facts of your employment rather amusing.

It is apparent that you lack the mental capacity to understand what I was saying.

I was not in fact arguing with you but stating one of the inherent problems with our legal system. One way to look at it is that there are simply too many laws on the books placing nearly every citizen in violation of one law or another. This carries over to our police officers as well making what should be a stalwart profession one predicated upon hypocrisy. Ever see a police officer speed; ever do it yourself?

It sucks even more for the good officers who have to struggle with the decision of enforcing inane laws or knowing when to enforce them.

As far as you go. I don't think very highly of you based upon your comments and lack of ability to objectively view the situation. In fact you come off as a loud mouth blowhard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Oh no, not another one. </div></div>

Ok, lets see here. A "medical marijuanna house", a fire, and "one person treated for smoke inhalation."

Is that what they call, "a buzzkill?"

HA.

Good job on the assist though, most definitely.

For someone to come down on either side of the argument that cops are good or bad is for that person to admit their own naive ignorance. To accuse one side of looking only at one perspective while only looking at the other perspective is indeed a reflection not only of a narrow mind, but a hypocrit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shark0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

If you feel you need to keep a distance from cops, thats your choice, as I am sure you have nothing but solid, credible, and rational logic and experience to validate that. Could you please explain how my arguments are crap? Thats a rather hollow statement when you dont back it up with anything. This whole post is proof of my statements. Where's yours? </span> </div></div>

Corrections officers are a rather fragmented group. I employed security officers that performed as corrections officers and as you have stated there are varying standards. Many would not be considered law enforcement officers and I find your flag waving given the facts of your employment rather amusing.

It is apparent that you lack the mental capacity to understand what I was saying.

I was not in fact arguing with you but stating one of the inherent problems with our legal system. One way to look at it is that there are simply too many laws on the books placing nearly every citizen in violation of one law or another. This carries over to our police officers as well making what should be a stalwart profession one predicated upon hypocrisy. Ever see a police officer speed; ever do it yourself?

It sucks even more for the good officers who have to struggle with the decision of enforcing inane laws or knowing when to enforce them.

As far as you go. I don't think very highly of you based upon your comments and lack of ability to objectively view the situation. In fact you come off as a loud mouth blowhard.
</div></div>
<span style="color: #000099">Well apparently I am not the only one who is lacking in mental capacity. You managed to make an attempt to childishly insult me, yet you danced around the questions I asked like a Broadway Ballerena. You say you conracted security gaurds to do corrections, which is a common practice since private security companies have now become quite common in operating a number of detention centers. On that, should whatever municipality they are employed under wish to consider them as peace officers then I have no issue welcoming them. Their status as a peace officer doesnt change what they have to deal with. I dont have that issue. I am emplyed as a Peace Officer in the state of Nevada. Most detention/correctional/prison officers all fall under the same category.

You say you dont want to argue, but you make unfounded statments of LEOs not required to tell the truth, and say I cant look that things objectively? I have had no problem ackowledging that there are bad ones that do bad things. But at the same time I maintain there are more good ones, that do more good things, and created a post to recognize and confirm that. Then there are those who took the time to make sure the bad stuff is not forgotten about in this post. Why? You telling me thats objective? Is that not a biased outlook? Is that not one sided? If there are blow hards here, they said their piece when the wanted to drag the "cops still do bad stuff man" aspect into this. But I agree, I am a loudmouth, it gets worse when I am in person.

I am not going to touch on the too many laws aspect. While I do agree on it, folks here seem to thing that because its a BS law that LE can just ignore it without consequenses. Yes, I can find a good deal of news articles on cops being penalized for not doing their jobs, but that is not what this post is about. </span>

many thanks to the brave citizens who serve as fire and rescue as well as police!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="color: #000099">Well apparently I am not the only one who is lacking in mental capacity. You managed to make an attempt to childishly insult me, yet you danced around the questions I asked like a Broadway Ballerena... </span>

</div></div>

Fuck, really? It's bad enough that you feel threatened by my statements but to continue on your path is idiotic at best. You lack the ability to view the situation as a whole so you project importance upon the roles of others to elevate your own insignificant standing.

“It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" - Mark Twain.

You believe that I harbor some disdain for law enforcement officers which couldn't be further from the truth. I do however have a deep understanding and respect for the power that has been bestowed upon them by our society.

As far as truth goes. Ask an officer while being questioned if it is better to give them a statement or to wait for legal representation.

You, I could give two shits about and that is one too many.

<span style="color: #000099"> So please explain the situation to me, "as a whole". As far as I am oncerned, the whole situation is this:

I make a thread that goes the EXACT opposite direction of what 99% of most LE related threads goes.

As expected, the usual folks make no hesitation to try and slander and undo what effort I make.

I called them out on it. If they dont want to hear the truth, oh well, too late now.

You, yes, YOU, make a statement that LEOs are not required to tell the truth, make a poor attempt to call my efforts crap, which apparently has something to do with me bieng a corrections officer and not a patrol officer.

I asked you to explain to me how you drew this conclusion. Was it from an extensive LE background? No. You contracted private security gaurds to do corrections work. Not a very in-depth experience into the other facets of LE.

Now you feel as if I am personally attacking you. I never labeled you directly as anti-LE. You came off that way. Perhaps you should take some of Mark Twians advice prior to posting hollowed out shit like "Cops arent required to tell the truth", or " your arguments are by in large, crap." Hmm you tell me, someone promoting news articles of police doing good things, instead of all the bad we hear, and calling out those who went out of their way to inject their own personal bias into it. Thats crap? I'd love to see what Pulitzer prize shit you have to say on the subject, instead of the off-the-shelf statements you made.

As I stated before, you can have your own opinion. Shark0311 this doesnt really apply to you. But, for the love of God, please stop trying to push your opinions onto the rest as if it were fact. Let other people make their own decisions. Opinions are not facts.

Now for Shark0311, I dont expect you to answer my questions. Thats your choice. You can go ahead and post another barrage of insults, thats fine by me. It tells me who you really are. Its the net, and as some have said, its a fact of life that those in LE will be hated simply by being in LE. It does go with the job. But can everyone please stop getting their panties in a twist if somone has something good to say. Trust me, you can go on hating LE, but I would rather have them in my corner.

Its kind of funny though. By profession, I am required to be able to explain my actions, and decisions in detail. I did just that. You, as a non-LEO, have zero responsibility to me or anyone else to articulate your actions and statements. So I dont expect it. If your respect is so easily lost, maybe it really isnt much of a loss. </span>

DesertRat1979, the reason you don't hear more 'good' things about cops is because bad news sells better than good news.

People don't watch or read the news to find out what good is happening. They want to know the dirt and the details.

That is why you rarely see a photo or story of an LEO or soldier going out of his way to be a good Samaritan whereas if the media even so much thinks an either of them has gone wayward of the law he/she swore to uphold, they're all over it like a bunch of damn buzzards on carrion.

I know there are more good cops than bad cops, it's just that we rarely see/hear about the good because it's the bad news that gets the ratings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They couldn't help NOT to fall for it. Took the bait, hook line and sinker just like we knew they would. No surprise here at all. </div></div>

Yeah, this 'experiment' was ground breaking. The same people <span style="font-weight: bold">(you included)</span> made the same points they <span style="text-decoration: underline">always</span> do. Wow, what's next are you going to prove that the sky is blue or that the sun rises in the East?

Nobody other than yourself believes this thread was an 'experiment' so drop the pompous attitude.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DesertRat1979, the reason you don't hear more 'good' things about cops is because bad news sells better than good news. </div></div>

^^This.

DesertRat when people do their jobs, everything is as it's supposed to be and nobody cares, its when you stray from your job's duties that eyebrows raise. You chose an occupation that just so happens to garner a lot of public attention and because of that your image is tied to the actions of every other cop so when one does something bad you all suffer and unfortunately it only takes on to drag down the entire group. People like Slapchop make you all look bad so instead of embracing him and covering for him you should be telling him to get his shit straight and act like a professional, the way the public expects him to.
In other words, the reason people don't like/trust cops is because of people like Slapchop and embracing his attitude/power-trip drags you down to his level and we all know <span style="text-decoration: underline">you're</span> better than that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They couldn't help NOT to fall for it. Took the bait, hook line and sinker just like we knew they would. No surprise here at all. </div></div>

Yeah, this 'experiment' was ground breaking. The same people <span style="font-weight: bold">(you included)</span> made the same points they <span style="text-decoration: underline">always</span> do. Wow, what's next are you going to prove that the sky is blue or that the sun rises in the East?

Nobody other than yourself believes this thread was an 'experiment' so drop the pompous attitude. </div></div>

Nothing ground breaking or revolutionary as far as I'm concerned. It's always good to expose the usual idiots like yourself with actual facts, statistics and verifiable sources. Not that exposing guys like you for what you are is an arduous endeavor. Your type is predictable and harmless but I do get a kick out of exposing the hipocrisy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DesertRat1979, the reason you don't hear more 'good' things about cops is because bad news sells better than good news. </div></div>

^^This.

DesertRat when people do their jobs, everything is as it's supposed to be and nobody cares, its when you stray from your job's duties that eyebrows raise. You chose an occupation that just so happens to garner a lot of public attention and because of that your image is tied to the actions of every other cop so when one does something bad you all suffer and unfortunately it only takes on to drag down the entire group. People like Slapchop make you all look bad so instead of embracing him and covering f
or him you should be telling him to get his shit straight and act like a professional, the way the public expects him to.
In other words, the reason people don't like/trust cops is because of people like Slapchop and embracing his attitude/power-trip drags you down to his level and we all know <span style="text-decoration: underline">you're</span> better than that. </div></div>

Power trips huh? How so exactly? Because I have the audacity to actually tell you how it is? Or is it because I have a brain, the ability to reason and think for myself and I'm MAYBE able to see things from a perspective that you can't and therefor I have a dissenting opinion from yours? Yea power tripping all the way.

I had you pegged for a semi intelligent guy. Don't really agree with your nonsense but you usually present your arguments with some shred of rational thought. For you to make an assement such as the one you did of me tells me I was wrong about you.

Funny thing is, as much as you hate me, you can't help but follow me like a stray puppy looking for some table scraps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They couldn't help NOT to fall for it. Took the bait, hook line and sinker just like we knew they would. No surprise here at all. </div></div>

Nobody other than yourself believes this thread was an 'experiment' so drop the pompous attitude. </div></div>

Nothing ground breaking or revolutionary as far as I'm concerned. It's always good to expose the usual idiots like yourself with actual facts, statistics and verifiable sources. Not that exposing guys like you for what you are is an arduous endeavor. Your type is predictable and harmless but I do get a kick out of exposing the hipocrisy. </div></div>

2czagyb.jpg

When all else fails respond with a quirky Internet photo. Original bro. Did the big bad Slachop hurt your feelings? I'll have to remind myself to take it easy with you. Your labia tends to swell rather easily.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kinsman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.infowars.com/70-reports-of-po...-lawyers-guild/</div></div>

<span style="color: #000099">Infowars is one of the last places for objective news information. You can get less biased and accurate info from the National Enquirer.

High Binder, I have a bit more respect for you as you were able to state facts instead of opinions. However, I do not believe that Slapchop is on any kind of power trip. He is passionate, like me, about his line of work, but has probably done it longer to where it has worn him a bit thinner than me.

Anyone is entitled to their opinion. Opinions can be respected, but you cant respect an opinion from a person who refuses to acknowledge there is another side to the subject. If anything, that was one of the obectives to the post.

If anything, I am a huge advocate of personal responsibility. Whether its the civillian being penalized by the law, or the LEO being penalized by everyone else, wrong is wrong, and there is no disputing it. If a civillian or LEO does not get the punishment they deserve, for whatever reason, if they are truly a bad person, they will screw up again. Seen it many times on both sides. If you ask me why I do or say something, by all means, you will have your answer.

Just recently in a PM, I had answered the qustions a member stated in this particular thread. They were mostly BS questions that were a vane attempt to validate his minimalization of this topic, and deflect the actual subject. But, none the less, I answered them in as best a detail as I could. I wasnt biased, a bit sarcastic maybe, but he did get factual answers to his questions. He reponded in the typical fashion of "I am an idiot" "why am I trying to change his opinion". I wasnt, and clearly stated that I dont care about his opinion. He asked, I answered, THE END. My only question, something that I never understood (probably never will), why would you ask a question, and although you dont like the answers, clam up with a response like that. How can you expect someone to repect your opinion, when you choose not to acknowledge the facts?</span>

This thing is still going LOL. drat I have never been wronged by a cop and I was raised to be respectful of them. If you would have been a little less cynical in your original post, I bet things would be different. Anyway why do you care what the trolls do. If you do your job and do it good what’s the difference. There always someone to troll and point out flaws. If you’re cynical from the start you won’t get far. If you started this to prove a point I could have saved you some time history repeats itself. Both sides have points if you bring one side up in a cynical manner, yes more than likely you will get trolled by the other side.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kinsman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.infowars.com/70-reports-of-po...-lawyers-guild/</div></div>

[color:#000099]Infowars is one of the last places for objective news information. You can get less biased and accurate info from the National Enquirer.

High Binder, I have a bit more respect for you as you were able to state facts instead of opinions. However, I do not believe that Slapchop is on any kind of power trip. He is passionate, like me, about his line of work, but has probably done it longer to where it has worn him a bit thinner than me.
</div></div>

I agree, Infowars is as good of a place to get factual non-biased info as Media Matters which is to say it's a very poor excuse for unbiased info.

Thanks DersetRat. I agree on <span style="text-decoration: underline">all</span> the points you made. I think somehow I got grouped into the anti-cop crowd but I'm not and I doubt many if anybody on the Hide is anti-cop. I just don't care for the unprofessional and pompous attitude one or two (obviously not you) have shone. I think you nailed it when you said <span style="font-style: italic">"you cant respect an opinion from a person who refuses to acknowledge there is another side to the subject"</span> and that is the crux of the problem most of us have with Slap. Maybe he is jaded from too many years but my problem with Slap is that he is constantly on the attack, I can't recall a single post he's made that wasn't instigating a fight and he has a weird way of debating/arguing in that he puts words into your mouth and then makes attacks and calls names based on those words that you never even said. It's pretty maddening and makes me question my sanity but it's funny all the same because I bet all of us would be great friends in real life. The internet is weird like that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kinsman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.infowars.com/70-reports-of-po...-lawyers-guild/</div></div>

[color:#000099]Infowars is one of the last places for objective news information. You can get less biased and accurate info from the National Enquirer.

</div></div>

I agree, Infowars is as good of a place to get factual non-biased info as Media Matters which is to say it's a very poor excuse for unbiased info.

Thanks DersetRat. I agree on <span style="text-decoration: underline">all</span> the points you made. I think somehow I got grouped into the anti-cop crowd but I'm not and I doubt many if anybody on the Hide is anti-cop. I just don't care for the unprofessional and pompous attitude one or two (obviously not you) have shone. I think you nailed it when you said <span style="font-style: italic">"you cant respect an opinion from a person who refuses to acknowledge there is another side to the subject"</span> and that is the crux of the problem most of us have with Slap. Maybe he is jaded from too many years but my problem with Slap is that he is constantly on the attack, I can't recall a single post he's made that wasn't instigating a fight and he has a weird way of debating/arguing in that he puts words into your mouth and then makes attacks and calls names based on those words that you never even said. It's pretty maddening and makes me question my sanity but it's funny all the same because I bet all of us would be great friends in real life. The internet is weird like that.
</div></div>

Wow!

I have almost 1300 posts and you're saying that in each and everyone that you remember, I'm either attacking or instigating something, correct?

There is something inherently comical about having a "problem" with someone whom you've never met but hey, to each their own.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
There is something inherently comical about having a "problem" with someone whom you've never met but hey, to each their own. </div></div>

...Seriously? Think about what you just said.

Then

Read the last two sentences of the paragraph you quoted.

High Binder wrote,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and that is the crux of the problem most of us have with Slap.</div></div>

Not really looking to go toe to toe with you tonight bro. Just had a super long day of violating civil rights and shitting on the 2nd Amendment. That shit can be draining. Now it's time for me to unwind, come down off my power trip and rest up, so I can do it all again tomorrow.

Tee Hee

Ok well lets get back to the fact that Correctional Officers may or may not be the same as a LEO. With that being said I don't think it is appropriate to compare a corrections officer, parole officer, bounty hunter, law enforcement officer, and security guard together in the same profession. Thats like comparing a doctor, nurse, pharmacist, and hospital administrative assistant together. They are very different.

Also I thought I would share number 141 reason I don't like cops. Today some drunk rolled his truck and really hurt himself. The volunteer ems/fire fighters shut down the 2 lane road I was on as I was in a line of trucks consisting of a F550 towing about 6tons of woodchips and towing a 20 foot trailer with a tractor on it. The next truck I was driving was a F250 towing a chipper. Needless to say doing a u-turn would be very complicated. So we decided to wait it out as we didn't have any other options. Well after 30 minutes of waiting a Maryland State Trooper shows up. We were out of our vechicles talking to people waiting and he walks up. Trying to be polite, as I say to everyone, I say "How's it going sir" I get nothing back. He doesn't even acknowledge me at all. WTF? Not to long after that he then asks me, "Is this your truck?" As I was thinking No, I just stole this shirt that has the same damn logo on it as this huge f'in truck. Not the most observant asshole out there, but a pretty big asshole none the less. The then told me that they were shutting the road down for over an hour and I needed to turn around. I guess he didn't see the big ass trailer on the back of the truck but what ever. He was by far the least pleasant person I dealt with for the last couple of days. That kind of stuff is the reason I don't like cops. The old lady who's drive way we used to turn around our trucks was more than pleasant. The EMT's there were very friendly. If I waived (I live in a small town) they waived back. The cops on scene on the other hand, no dice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">High Binder wrote,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and that is the crux of the problem most of us have with Slap.</div></div>

Not really looking to go toe to toe with you tonight bro. Just had a super long day of violating civil rights and shitting on the 2nd Amendment. That shit can be draining. Now it's time for me to unwind, come down off my power trip and rest up, so I can do it all again tomorrow.

Tee Hee </div></div>

^^I LOL'd at the "Tee Hee" as for your comment see below (or above).
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> he has a weird way of debating/arguing in that he puts words into your mouth and then makes attacks ... based on those words that you never even said.
</div></div>

LOL, alright, I gotta stop. Have a good night.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage 10fp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok well lets get back to the fact that Correctional Officers may or may not be the same as a LEO. With that being said I don't think it is appropriate to compare a corrections officer, parole officer, bounty hunter, law enforcement officer, and security guard together in the same profession. Thats like comparing a doctor, nurse, pharmacist, and hospital administrative assistant together. They are very different.

Also I thought I would share number 141 reason I don't like cops. Today some drunk rolled his truck and really hurt himself. The volunteer ems/fire fighters shut down the 2 lane road I was on as I was in a line of trucks consisting of a F550 towing about 6tons of woodchips and towing a 20 foot trailer with a tractor on it. The next truck I was driving was a F250 towing a chipper. Needless to say doing a u-turn would be very complicated. So we decided to wait it out as we didn't have any other options. Well after 30 minutes of waiting a Maryland State Trooper shows up. We were out of our vechicles talking to people waiting and he walks up. Trying to be polite, as I say to everyone, I say "How's it going sir" I get nothing back. He doesn't even acknowledge me at all. WTF? Not to long after that he then asks me, "Is this your truck?" As I was thinking No, I just stole this shirt that has the same damn logo on it as this huge f'in truck. Not the most observant asshole out there, but a pretty big asshole none the less. The then told me that they were shutting the road down for over an hour and I needed to turn around. I guess he didn't see the big ass trailer on the back of the truck but what ever. He was by far the least pleasant person I dealt with for the last couple of days. That kind of stuff is the reason I don't like cops. The old lady who's drive way we used to turn around our trucks was more than pleasant. The EMT's there were very friendly. If I waived (I live in a small town) they waived back. The cops on scene on the other hand, no dice. </div></div>

Here you go Savage, just fill in the details
savagehurtfeelings.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage 10fp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok well lets get back to the fact that Correctional Officers may or may not be the same as a LEO. With that being said I don't think it is appropriate to compare a corrections officer, parole officer, bounty hunter, law enforcement officer, and security guard together in the same profession. Thats like comparing a doctor, nurse, pharmacist, and hospital administrative assistant together. They are very different.

Also I thought I would share number 141 reason I don't like cops. Today some drunk rolled his truck and really hurt himself. The volunteer ems/fire fighters shut down the 2 lane road I was on as I was in a line of trucks consisting of a F550 towing about 6tons of woodchips and towing a 20 foot trailer with a tractor on it. The next truck I was driving was a F250 towing a chipper. Needless to say doing a u-turn would be very complicated. So we decided to wait it out as we didn't have any other options. Well after 30 minutes of waiting a Maryland State Trooper shows up. We were out of our vechicles talking to people waiting and he walks up. Trying to be polite, as I say to everyone, I say "How's it going sir" I get nothing back. He doesn't even acknowledge me at all. WTF? Not to long after that he then asks me, "Is this your truck?" As I was thinking No, I just stole this shirt that has the same damn logo on it as this huge f'in truck. Not the most observant asshole out there, but a pretty big asshole none the less. The then told me that they were shutting the road down for over an hour and I needed to turn around. I guess he didn't see the big ass trailer on the back of the truck but what ever. He was by far the least pleasant person I dealt with for the last couple of days. That kind of stuff is the reason I don't like cops. The old lady who's drive way we used to turn around our trucks was more than pleasant. The EMT's there were very friendly. If I waived (I live in a small town) they waived back. The cops on scene on the other hand, no dice. </div></div>

Here you go Savage, just fill in the details
savagehurtfeelings.jpg
</div></div>

HA HA HA HA HA! That is friggin GREAT!

no, this is not funny.... this is a prime example of WHY people hate cops...

lets say you have an employee that isn't directly supervised by you, but you pay their salary (because that's the public/LEO relationship). the when you have cause to meet said employee, they are rude to you, will you care how busy they are?

I don't think so, they'd probably be looking for a new job, who cares how big of an expert they are, if you're capable of even doing the job they do. if they're rude, for no reason, especially no reason that you caused, they're a dipshit and need to be checked.

but for some reason LE thinks that THEY are entitled to be rude to the public that pays them, even on a casual meeting, because their job is stressful, dangerous, etc, etc. then almost all the other LEOs make excuses for them.

public relations will go a LONG way, especially for PUBLIC employees.. if you're not willing to do the public relations, find another job. treat the dirtbags like dirtbags, IF you want, but you might be wrong about who's a dirtbag... but NEVER treat an innocent bystander like a dirtbag, offer to help them, show a little patience, be polite, show respect... if I'm an innocent bystander and anyone is rude to me, they're subject to get rudeness back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage 10fp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok well lets get back to the fact that Correctional Officers may or may not be the same as a LEO. With that being said I don't think it is appropriate to compare a corrections officer, parole officer, bounty hunter, law enforcement officer, and security guard together in the same profession. Thats like comparing a doctor, nurse, pharmacist, and hospital administrative assistant together. They are very different.

Then you sir, are completely valid in bashing on LE everytime you have the chance. Its throgh your objective and very keen sight that I will not consider myself as LE anymore because YOU have a sore vagina with police and have issues with COs, POs, Parole, Animal Control, Game Warden, Bailiffs, and Constables all being considered Law Enforcement. .......that what you wanna hear? If the municipality that employs the person in a law enforcement capacity, then the said person is to be recognized as a law enforcement officer. Its not a "may or may not be" issue. Thats your issue, one that has no bearing on the fatcts. You dont have to have the ability to write a citation, or conduct an accident investigation to be enforcing laws. There is a great deal more required of a LE agency than JUST what police do. The point is, if there are laws being enforced, its usually by somone with the authority to enforce them. Regular police officers dont do them all.

Sorry bro. Your personal opinion doesnt change a thing. Anyone under one of the fore mentioned titles has as much right to the flag of LEO. I guess that you can use your line of reasoning in that a soldier isnt considered a soldier unless they are in the infantry or some combat oriented position. You can probably tell the mechanics, cooks, and supply guys that since they arent on the front lines in combat, they dont get to consider themselves as soldiers, right? It has to be, thats the EXACT same line of thought you are using. I am sure if someone did feel that way about folks in the military the answers would be diffrent, but how? Why? I am not gonna sit here and debate the why's and how's. When I did my police academy, I took an oath, when I did my corrections academy, I took an oath. Public opinion is just that, opinion. Yours certainly does not degrade the reponsibilities I have been given, nor does it have any bearing on a persons status as a LEO. If that bothers you, dunno what to tell ya. So whether I am on the yard, or in a patrol car, my duties may be diffrent, but the oath I took and responsibilities are not.

Oh shit!
Are we still trying to excuse cops from the bad things they do and get caught? The Provost Marshal I worked for Hated MP's. If we screwed up we went to Jail! There was a standard. And you met it!
Not so much out here! But you do have a lot of union guys telling us how bad it is for them. Beating folks down when they question officers and such. Who are we to expect to have our rights respected in the United States of America? One day we will all ask how this got so far out of hand.I spent 8 years on the road and in the field as an MP and never had the issues I read about cops having in the civilian world. I treated everyone as I would like to be treated,( as a human ). Very seldom did I EVER have to fight with a person of interest.But I must not have known what I was doing as I didn't have to beat people bloody to do my job.
And yes I dragged a bunch of folks to jail with out putting them in the ER first! Good thing I wasn't working out here! Sounds like you have to hurt everyone you speak to out here,at least break their nose and pull one of their teeth to be a REAL COP!

I think some of the complaints I see on this subject relate to the bearing of the officers which is, from what I understand, a cultivated or trained, method of handling one or more strangers in a variety of situations.

Not having been in the military, I learned long ago in dealing with sometimes large groups of day laborers in the construction trades that in first meeting them, a bearing of stern orderliness tended to avoid problems better than appearing before them as a friendly guy dealing with strangers who potentially were on the same page as I.

They typically weren't and often were eager to take advantage of any perceived weakness or lack of attentiveness on my part. Thus I evolved to the more professional and polite "Listen up assholes" approach. This method allowed me to introduce myself as their boss and one not to be fucked with. After that, I could ease up a little but always in the full awareness of the introduction.

In the instance of LEOs, the typical situation is one where they are in the minority in whatever situation they find themselves in and don't have time for debate or consultation. As in my case, the more experience gained in dealing with the public often leads the individual to better gauge the situation they are involved in and better handle their dealings with the public.

Individuals are just that. In the case of someone who, regardless of the situation, is going to be in control once on the scene, it is likely to be far more stressful an encounter than at the deli, the fastener aisle at home Depot or the meet and greet with day laborers prior to demolishing 20,000 square feet of office space in an occupied building!

Once order is lost, it is far more difficult to regain. I tend to have thick skin and don't take it personally. That said, it is note worthy and galling when the need to take control becomes insulting, stupid or aggressive. These latter have never been my experience however.

But I'm only 53 and live in a large city with many police agencies and even more dumb ass criminals...

I have almost 1400 posts, and am living proof that a large number of posts does not necessarily make even one of them intelligent.
Some of my posts may give one the impression that I am anti cop. I am not.
The police from small town and up have a very difficult job that most of us would refuse to do, and in fact,I was asked to join the Atlanta force many years ago, and refused because I knew that I lack the temperament for that work.
I have a great respect for the job and those men that do it.
I have known many policemen, or LEOs if you prefer, and have known only a few that were not dedicated to protect and serve.
But even with that dedication, many of those respected LEOs were just generally assholes to the bone.
So maybe he just worked a crash where two children were turned into hamburger and wants to take it out on me.. I can understand that. (I was the recipient of said wrath)
The LEO told me about the crash, and was visibly still shaken by what he had to handle. I cannot, however, commiserate with the LEO who didn't get laid last night and takes it out on all around him.
Or the young policeman in my small town who had his ass whipped on a regular basis in high school, and now as a cop, takes his resentment out on the present crop of high schoolers, and stops women just to try to talk up a little. We call him "Dildo" because he tries so hard to be a prick, but just can't seem to pull it off... nobody really takes him seriously.
My hat is off to those who protect and serve, but I just can't understand why so many have to think they are some sort of gods, and we the "maggots" are their subjects.
As was said in the movie "Barflies" , "It's not that I don't like cops, I just feel better when they're not around".
But, I would not want to live an a world without them.......

600 saves a year on average.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6md56eDQJ04"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6md56eDQJ04" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

When they're not violating civil rights of course.