• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Yankee Hill Machine???

usmc1488

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2012
Camp Lejeune
Do any of you have experience with YHM? Any good? The M40a5 I ordered comes with a sure fire brake, however I dont feel like paying close to 2000 for a supressor. I know you get what you pay for which why I ask, how is the YHM?

Re: Yankee Hill Machine???

I've had the Phantom .308 for several years now, and I can tell you the ONLY thing I dont like about it is the weight, and thats not that big of a deal to me. I have used it on a bunch of different guns, a 300wsm custom, a 24" .308, a 16" DTA .308, a 20" .223 bolt gun, and two different .223 AR's, and I intend on shooting my new DTA 7SAUM barrel with it as well.
Its built like a tank, and works very well. The only way to make this thing better would be to make it lighter. So spend the coin and get the Ti.

Here are just a few pics, so you can see how she fits.

3AEEF38C.jpg

2817C036.jpg

DSCF6107.jpg

331207_2128246704732_1802885896_1303328_1347345260_o.jpg

DSCF5417.jpg

DSCF489b2.jpg

YHM good to go. The titanium IS WORTH THE EXTRA$$$. I have the 7.62 titanium QD Phantom. Does duty on all of my AR's--223 and 308. Lightweight but very robust and simple design. The adapters can be found on the net for like 60 bucks if you're patient. Hell you'll have 6 months or more to locate adapters, and the suppressor comes with one of your choice. If you get the 7.62, it will fit the 5.56 adapters and you can run it on every 30 cal or lesser gun with a threaded muzzle. (not rimfire)

Some folks don't like QD suppressors I guess due to problematic early designs or something, but I've had ZERO problems and wouldn't want it any other way for my purposes. I only own one, and it jumps between about 6 different guns.

I am looking at a 30 cal suppressor as well. I understand it will be a lifetime purchase so spending the extra money doesn't really piss me off in the long run. My issue is comparing the YHM to the AAC 7.62 SDN-6, the two were very comparable in decibel reduction so other than weight, why should I pay the extra money?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JTG 1977</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am looking at a 30 cal suppressor as well. I understand it will be a lifetime purchase so spending the extra money doesn't really piss me off in the long run. My issue is comparing the YHM to the AAC 7.62 SDN-6, the two were very comparable in decibel reduction so other than weight, why should I pay the extra money? </div></div>It depends on what you want to use it for.
Titanium is more suited to low rates of fire, although the YHM uses inconel, presumedly at least for the blast baffle.
I haven't read of any problems with YHM's 36 tooth QD mount, but there are more than several concerning the 762-SDN-6's problematic 51 tooth mount.
However, the AAC mount has been changed to a much improved one in the SR7 update.
The YHM can be used in under the hand guard applications because it doesn't require pressing a latch.
Silencer Shop has a good price on the YHM that makes it cheaper than the 762-SDN-6.
Both of the YHM and AAC mounts clickety click, as opposed to silent thread and taper mounts from Griffin Armament, Ops, Suppressed Armament Systems, Thunder Beast Arms, and others.

I'm very happy with my stainless can, although it is heavy. The QD has always worked well, and if you get things a little tight you can pull the snap ring out and release it that way. YHM customer service has been good, too, when a "gunsmith" screwed up threading my barrel resulting in baffle strikes. YHM helped solve the problem to the extent that the "'smith" paid for YHM to cut and rethread the barrel and press in a new baffle stack and refinish the can.

Bringing this thread back, the 40 is almost here, in the original thread I forgot to ask an important question, what's the shift in poi like between the can off and on with the yhm?