• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Yeah, I have been pondering.

QuickNDirty

NaN
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2013
location location location
Before I get into it, I want to thank you guys for being good men, women (we do have those here, don't we?), and pink haired faggots. Y'all have taught me a lot of shit, you've shown me some excellent examples of how to be a good man (@1J04, @powdahound76, @sirhrmechanic, @pmclaine, and @Tucker301 especially), and y'all have helped me hone in on what it is that my gut, God, and the world's been trying to tell me.

Thank you.

Now, on to more pressing issues.

This is gonna take a minute to get through, and I spent a lot of time putting it together. I spent that time because I believe I'm getting close to understanding what needs to happen to restore this old ship, rusted as fuck with communism, tyranny, despotism, and narcissism. I put it together because I believe I can make a difference, and I want you to have my back. Please read this whole thread in its entirety.

Put some tunes on in the background and go at it like you would your taxes or an insurance policy. I recommend this shit.

----

Communists are kickin' our asses, we all know that.

The American spirit is retracting.

There ain't any damn good leaders anywhere.

Education is fucked.

Law enforcement is fucked.

Courts are fucked.

Everything, basically, is fucked.

There's no clear way to right the ship, either.

There ain't much hope in people's hearts anymore.

The fire's goin' out.

I spend most of my days on this Earth trying to figure out what I can do to make this world awesome. I look at everything, the good, the bad, the fuckin' horrific, and the shit you can't ever unsee. I got this question that keeps comin' up... "How can a little pissant like me move this behemoth of a communist mountain?"

There's a way, ain't gonna be easy, ain't gonna be fast, probably gonna wind up dead because of it, definitely gonna be fun as hell, and damn if whatever it is works even a little bit, it's gonna be fuckin' epic.

I've felt just like Tucker, with no fuckin' hope for the future of this country, I've felt like Army fuckin' Jerry ready to nuke the whole shit from orbit, I've felt like Sirh burnt out but knowing I've done good in this world and lookin' forward to God reviewing my life, all the mistakes, everything. It's been a wild emotional ride contemplating the ways of the world, but here I sit at almost 32 years old with a wonderful wife, 2 kick ass kids, 2 fully functional nuts, a brain that usually works pretty good, and just enough money to keep it all together.

Some of y'all may have heard my rantings about an app that organizes the political actions of a town. That's a fuckin' good idea, I promise.

Here's another fuckin' awesome idea - A platform that enables people running for an elected position to tell the whole damn world who they are and why some dipshit like me would want to vote for 'em. Not some stupid page where you've got "Issues" with half-assed ideas and buzzwords, but a fuckin' video summary showcasing just exactly what kind of damn American is running for office. As a voter in some place, key in your zipcode and it'll show you everyone running and who the hell they are. We'll get to a point where if you don't have your shit on there, nobody's gonna vote for you.

(Hypothetically, you'd see that I fuckin' hate communists, I like anyone that's like me (No fucks given for race, gender, or which hole is your favorite), I fuckin' love every one of the first 10 amendments, I love the shit out of my state and country, I drink, I smoke, I curse, I get dirty, I break shit, I fix shit, I set shit on fire and fuckin' love doing that, I shoot guns, I kill and eat animals, I'm honest, I care about people and give even when it hurts to do so, and I can be quite an asshole when I need to be. I also make stupid fuckin' mistakes. Example: I donated to @PPB's haiti bullshit and fucked up thinkin' he wasn't on the level, and he gave that fuckin' money back. I fucked up, but him returning that money helped me when I needed it most and I think he's OK with that. Some folks here can make good arguments about PPB's integrity, but in my experience he's a decent dude and I feel real shitty about that whole situation.)

There's more good ass ideas for how I can use my brain and my skills to build shit that'll help, but those two are pretty damn powerful.

There's another thing, though. I ain't some kinda damn socially akward dumbshit. When I talk to people, I make 'em fuckin' feel what I feel.

So, last night I was thinkin' about going to sleep around 9:30PM to get a good start on a cold Texas Sunday morning of deer hunting... And then I thought, nah fuck that I'ma go start some shit.

So, hopped in the jeep, beer in hand, and went lookin' for folks. First thing I found was a sounder. I hit the gas and took out the one in the back, about 120lbs or so. Tossed his ass in the ice chest and kept truckin'. Came up on a bonfire surrounded by people I ain't ever met in my life. Gave 'em the hog, and convinced 'em to do some late night wheelin' on my property. I opened my ice chest and told 'em to help their damn selves.

Next thing I know, we're up on my property on top of a Texas "mountain" talking about communists, God, and how shit is so fucked up and what can any of us do about it?

I've got an airforce buddy who's gone full communist. That dude kept inviting me to go to a bar, kill a pack of smokes and drink all the beer I could handle while we tried to shake each others beliefs, but I didn't really think much of it at first. It wasn't til last night that it dawned on me how fuckin' effective a strategy that is, and then I put my brain to work thinkin' about how to scale it up a bit. I kinda hit on that concept the other day when I said I want to get 100 cases of beer and a BBQ going in a parking lot with an open invitation for people to come out, eat, drink, and talk shit just like we do on this board, and just like I did last night with them random ass rednecks. Due to laws and shit, that's probably not the best strategy.

Next best thing is bars and restaurants. Walk in, and it'll go a little like this:

<Yelling pretty loudly>
"How's everybody doing tonight? Y'all having fun?" - "Fuck yeah!"
"Who wants me to pick up their tab?" - "I do!" times like 30 or so
"Fuckin' awesome, I'll pick up anybody's tab that wants to have a conversation about what type of people we are and where we go from here" - "Sold, what's on your mind?"

Well, for one, everything's fucked. It's fucked because we let it get that way. We voted communist pieces of shit into office that ended up creating laws to crush our way of life. We let these fuckers gain control of how we communicate, how we interact, how we learn, and how we live. They're using that power to propagate their bullshit, and they started with the kids. Our future, unabated, is pretty dismal.

It's so bad you got some parts of this country where it's law that communists win elections. It's so fuckin' bad you've got courts in TX supporting some crazy bitch's attempt to turn her 6 year old boy into a fuckin' girl.

It's so fuckin' bad you've got schools cranking out confused, illiterate, spoiled fuckin' communist brats.

It's so fuckin' bad that you don't even know how fuckin' bad it is!

Now, I dunno what the hell to do about everything, but I do know how to figure out complex systems. I'm a fuckin' engineer, I do that shit for a living. I love my fuckin' city, my state, and my country, and I'll be god damned if some communist fucks are gonna use technicalities to conquer this nation. I will do every fuckin' thing I can to make it better, and what I can't make better because of some bullshit like not being able to fire someone because laws, procedures, regulations, and all that communist bullshit, I will tell y'all exactly what the fuck I think about these motherfuckers, with corroborating evidence and a clear ass picture of why I think that son of a bitch should git, and what I think y'all need to help me do to pressure that piece of shit into gettin' the god damn hell out of our city. You got questions, call my ass at 832 709 6407. Vote for me for mayor, motherfuckers. First order of business is deleting that bullshit that says you can't shoot fireworks in city limits. Next, we gonna go after the school board.

I'll probably get my ass beat a time or two. Worth it.

Take it further, and we're looking at national exposure of a blueprint for how to take back your city. How to erase the defeatistism that infects so many people who don't vote, how to end the damn straight ticket bullshit, and how to get the ignorant dumbfucks that keep voting for communists to stop doing that shit.

I will lay that shit out in the form of a highly entertaining and inspiring series of videos.

So, how can I do any of these things?

If I want to do any of the apps, I'ma need time to put it together. I'ma need people to help. The best approach in my opinion is to start a company and get some solid talent in there. I've got the vision and the skills to do it on my own. I lack the time. It'll have to be profitable, which we can do. If any of y'all want to start that company and hire me on as an engineer, project manager, whatever, I'll need a salary of at least 80k and some health insurance. If it's a 1099 deal, 115k/year and I'll handle the rest. I'll dump my current cushy gig that ain't going anywhere in a heartbeat to jump on that risky shit.

If I want to make a hobby out of crashing bars, getting people drunk on my dime, and talking some fuckin' sense into people to the point where they want to run for office, them bar tabs are gonna be in the thousands I would guess. I'd be curious to see how much hell I could raise with 30k or so.

The best case is this:
People that believe in what I'm on about contribute what they can. I make making shit better my mission in life. I need about 100k/year to get by. Anything beyond that goes toward the mission. Twitter rants, youtube videos, campaigns, greasing wheels, and any other kinda shit that needs done to further the objective of routing communism. Supporting me is essentially supporting barrels of gasoline being dumped on the flame of liberty. I will build a damn good fuckin' fire. It's one of the few things I do really well.

Y'all are some pretty smart sons of bitches with good hearts. I ask that you evaluate my words today, and ask yourselves these questions:

1.) Is our situation fucked?
2.) Is there anything I can think of to make it better?
3.) What am I willing to do in order to make it better?
4.) Who the fuck is QnD and why does he spend so much fucking time typing this shit out to me?
5.) Is there a chance in hell that he's the right guy for this job?
6.) Is it worth the risk to help him pull this shit together?
7.) Is there any other option?
8.) Could I do any of that shit QnD said better than QnD could?

I come to y'all first because I know I can get millions of supporters anywhere else. I want to succeed, I want America be fuckin' American again, and right now is so critical. Before I act, I need to know if you're on board and anything you can contribute. Your opinion matters to me, and if you think I'm a sloppy belligerent drunk that needs to stay in his own lane, I will not stop because of that, but I will internalize what you write to me. No guarantees, but I just might be a better man for having read it. I hold the judgement of the 'hide in the highest esteem, and I want to know what you think. SPEAK YOUR FUCKING MIND, NOW!

Especially all of these motherfuckers:
@ArmyJerry
@sirhrmechanic
@1J04
@Tucker301
@pmclaine
@Veer_G
@coldboremiracle
@THEIS
(and I don't want to hear no shit like, "Game over man! We can't win.". Put some fuckin' time into it. It won't be wasted, I swear to God. The last time I did that was more than 15 fuckin' years ago.)

I'm Jon Fuckin' Findley, and I approve this shit. You got questions, gimme a call at 832 709 6407.

Last edited:
Sounds like you are on the right track. I've begun my own campaign to correct from within...got elected to local government a few years ago. Dear lord, it's physically painful to deal with some of the people involved but someone has to do it. I'm the only red seat in a blue town but it's a start. I've been able to talk some sense into a couple folks...just have to keep plugging.

What we need is more like minded people in office. You would be amazed at how little it can take to get on the ballot and win.

No one running for against you? Crossfile with both parties and you get all the straight ticket votes.

Small towns might need as little as 10 signatures on your petition to get on the ballot.

Here in PA, most of the state is red but we get screwed by the blue blobs of welfare recipients at either end of the state. If you start local and enough of us actually get off our asses and do it, I think it can be turned around.

And BTW, take a fuckin kid hunting and shooting!

Not just your kids either! If you don't take 'em, nobody else will either!

Sounds like you are on the right track. I've begun my own campaign to correct from within...got elected to local government a few years ago. Dear lord, it's physically painful to deal with some of the people involved but someone has to do it. I'm the only red seat in a blue town but it's a start. I've been able to talk some sense into a couple folks...just have to keep plugging.

What we need is more like minded people in office. You would be amazed at how little it can take to get on the ballot and win.

No one running for against you? Crossfile with both parties and you get all the straight ticket votes.

Small towns might need as little as 10 signatures on your petition to get on the ballot.

Here in PA, most of the state is red but we get screwed by the blue blobs of welfare recipients at either end of the state. If you start local and enough of us actually get off our asses and do it, I think it can be turned around.

And BTW, take a fuckin kid hunting and shooting!

Not just your kids either! If you don't take 'em, nobody else will either!

Damn, that's brilliant filing for both parties. Thanks for that!

Totally agree about taking kids hunting. I do that whenever the parents are up for it. Not as often as I'd like =/

I apparently missed a question in my post, too.
8.) Could I do any of that shit QnD said better than QnD could?

Well, Jon Fuckin' F., I'd back my phone number and last name out of the posts, for sure. At 0500 it's a bit early for anything but morning kneemail. If it's still here later, I'll go back through it and reprocess. Thanks, I guess, for listing me among so many august forum members.

Well, Jon Fuckin' F., I'd back my phone number and last name out of the posts, for sure. At 0500 it's a bit early for anything but morning kneemail. If it's still here later, I'll go back through it and reprocess. Thanks, I guess, for listing me among so many august forum members.

No sir, I will not remove anything from this post. I know what the hell I'm doing, and it's damn well time I did it.

Y'all wanna gather 'round and watch the fire as it dies, and nobody wants to get up and stack some more logs on and pour a bunch of gasoline on it? That's fine. I'll assume the role of the firekeeper. Y'all are gonna want to move back a bit.

You got questions, my name is Jon Findley, and you give me a call at 832 709 6407 whenever the hell you want to.

Talk atcha later, tater. ;)

I hope you will. I hope you'll take some damn time to think about what I wrote. I hope you'll share with all of us what you think about what I proposed, and anything else you think is important to say.

Again, if you have ANY FUCKIN' QUESTIONS AT ALL, you give me, JON FUCKIN' FINDLEY, a call at 832 709 6407.

If I ain't already on the phone, have service, and my phone ain't dead, I will answer that son of a bitch 100% of the time.

You go ahead and call it right now if you want.

Happy Monday morning!

That's gonna take a little time to digest properly, but the theme of what you posted is that it will take a large grass roots effort. That's what you are describing with your "Fireside chats" and "Pub meetings". I like where you're going with that. We need some "Community Organizers" on our side.

We have to return to being "We the People" and it will be hard to do that mainstream. The two party system has a vested interest in keeping this a two party system and as soon as you start getting momentum one of the parties will adopt your idea as theirs to remain in power. I used to think the Libertarian Party was the answer, but it's just hard to get any traction. The latest elections have ALL been crucial and the Libertarians steal more from Republicans than Dems, so it would big time hand sure victory to the communists.

It's depressing that places like Texas are being overrun by commies too. It makes me want to say heck with it all and move to Belize with a large faction of like minded folks.

I guess all you can do is keep doing your job and duty, raise your family the best you can, and keep your powder dry. But, it you can come up with apps and technology to band us together - sounds like a good idea to me.

Reactions: QuickNDirty
If you think of doing anything it better be peaceful.

Anything illegal will do immeasurable harm.

The main thing is to just push back peacefully.

We are being met by a heavy weight moving at glacial pace and our accommodating, non combative nature has lead us to give ground hoping to find peace but now we find ourselves in a corner.

When you are at the barber and the guy in the next chair says "How about this asshole Trump?" steer the conversation towards finding out if he would have preferred the alternative than shred him with facts. You wont change the mind of the guy you debate but the uncommitted guy waiting in the chair is listening and he is going to go away supporting the more reasoned side.

Their arguments dont hold up under scrutiny.

Their "soldiers" are motivated by "feelings". Feelings are a good human trait but decisions require reason based on facts.

Realize these people are just useful idiots. The real power knows that "feelings" and the policies they propose are just a means to an end, the end being the placement of an elite into power and the enslavement of everyone else.

Right now we are in a low. Trump even seems to be losing some confidence and this stupid Mueller stuff is having its intended effect - the lie being repeated, repeated, repeated.

Good people are seeing the mess and they realize but they are busy with real lives, real responsibilities....still they are not buying the BS and it is driving the communists nuts.

The commies are on the verge of going a step to far and crossing the line. It has to work that way.

What would really help is if Trump rights the Justice Dept. The next person to hold the AG slot will determine how things go. Sunlight needs to be brought upon certain people and their activities.

The Country has benefited from Divine Providence in the past and we could use a little now. The leadership of this cabal is pretty long in the tooth, either sleeping while in session or slurring while at the podium, they only have so many days. The young are good little Red Scouts right now but they are also greedy and expect things there masters wont be able to provide for them lets hope they realize the life they have been lead to believe they will have requires work.

Your plan sounds good because its based on talk and lawful action. Thats all we have because we are good. Anything illegal is what our enemies desire and goad us into. Dont give it to them. With patience they will break and cross a line.

and as always buying ammo is legal just so you know.

If you think of doing anything it better be peaceful.

Anything illegal will do immeasurable harm.

The main thing is to just push back peacefully.

And that's what we're up against, isn't it?
THEY block traffic, destroy and deface public property, throw bottles and rocks, break storefront windows, loot, assault, and burn cars and buildings - and largely get away with it. Why? Because the media says they have a right to be upset, poor things.

We're exempt from those free passes because we work, we pay our bills, and we believe in true equality and the values upon which this was founded.
And maybe that's part of the painful solution that we have to get to in this country. As that old salty friend told me a few months ago - they don't grow shot, they don't build shit, they don't make shit. They are parasites and we control what matters - Fuck them!

Epic damned write-up! I'm going to go back through it a few times myself.

THEY block traffic, destroy and deface public property, throw bottles and rocks, break storefront windows, loot, assault, and burn cars and buildings - and largely get away with it. Why? Because the media says they have a right to be upset, poor things.

We're exempt from those free passes because we work, we pay our bills, and we believe in true equality and the values upon which this was founded.
And maybe that's part of the painful solution that we have to get to in this country. As that old salty friend told me a few months ago - they don't grow shot, they don't build shit, they don't make shit. They are parasites and we control what matters - Fuck them!

Being right sometimes aint easy.

When it comes time to raise the black flag and slit throats lets hope its not too late and the endurance/discipline shown is the greatest weapon against the unruly mob.

Trump beat them with cold hard truth and not being intimidated and he is a life long NYC pussy.

Never give up. its Hard to see right now but the good guys are winning, the more unhinged they become the more we are winning, for the first time in my life our enemies within are showing themselves to the light of day. Our enemies are imploding the system they built and used t protect themselves, the curtains have been pulled back. Be prepared for a violent death but in reality they will turn on themselves when the first one goes to jail. (Jeff Sessions was a tragic appointment.)

Buy more ammo and "Lend a friend / AR's" just in case though.

Last edited:
Happy Monday morning!
You too, man. It's a damn fine morning. I want my job to be "Professional American". I want to be employed by Americans, and I want to work on the hard problems we all face today. Shit is fucked, and I don't mean to sound like Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbet Camacho, but that's really the only short and concise statement I can come up with that expresses what I want it to. You pay thousands upon thousands of dollars in taxes that fund the communists and their efforts to eradicate your way of life. What would you be willing to pay me and my company? Would you be willing to pay me? What if 2-3 million Americans had a recurring monthly payment of $20 to a company called "Bad Weather Industries", whose CEO is sirhmechanic or Jon Fuckin' Findley or somebody else with the right combination of attitude, testicular fortitude, brain power, and business savvy, and the mission statement of the company is to rout out communism by any moral means necessary.

I don't think I made this clear, this idea is up for grabs for anybody. You got the nuts and what it takes, run with it. I'll sign up for your shit and probably give you a lot more than $20 a month. You got questions, gimme a call at 832 709 6407. I'll work for you, I will do whatever I can to right this ship. I'll do the shit myself, too. I need money, though.

I’m with Johnnycat... gonna take me a few re reads to digest... but I sure like what I see!!!
If you have any questions, you give me a call, sir. 832 709 6407.

1.) If you think of doing anything it better be peaceful.

2.) Anything illegal will do immeasurable harm.

3.) When you are at the barber and the guy in the next chair says "How about this asshole Trump?" steer the conversation towards finding out if he would have preferred the alternative than shred him with facts. You wont change the mind of the guy you debate but the uncommitted guy waiting in the chair is listening and he is going to go away supporting the more reasoned side.

4.) Their "soldiers" are motivated by "feelings". Feelings are a good human trait but decisions require reason based on facts.

Realize these people are just useful idiots. The real power knows that "feelings" and the policies they propose are just a means to an end, the end being the placement of an elite into power and the enslavement of everyone else.

5.) Right now we are in a low. Trump even seems to be losing some confidence and this stupid Mueller stuff is having its intended effect - the lie being repeated, repeated, repeated.

Good people are seeing the mess and they realize but they are busy with real lives, real responsibilities....still they are not buying the BS and it is driving the communists nuts.

The commies are on the verge of going a step to far and crossing the line. It has to work that way.

6.) What would really help is if Trump rights the Justice Dept. The next person to hold the AG slot will determine how things go. Sunlight needs to be brought upon certain people and their activities.

7.) The Country has benefited from Divine Providence in the past and we could use a little now. The leadership of this cabal is pretty long in the tooth, either sleeping while in session or slurring while at the podium, they only have so many days. The young are good little Red Scouts right now but they are also greedy and expect things there masters wont be able to provide for them lets hope they realize the life they have been lead to believe they will have requires work.

Thank you, sir. I appreciate your response. I numerated your points and will respond to 'em in kind.

1.) I figure it common sense that today, shit is so far gone that when you try and get up in front of a group of random ass people and start talkin' about how fuckin' evil communists are, you're gonna encounter resistance. I ain't a military man, but I would have been if I believed the people we went after in 9/11 were the ones responsible for it. This ain't much different than that. I full well understand the consequences of what's gonna go down, and I may not make it. We all gotta go sometime, though, and when it happens I want God to be able to say, "You done good, son." I will only be violent when it's my only option, and I will do everything I can to avoid it.

2.) I disagree. The communists have created laws that keep folks like me from gettin' 10,000 people together without their permission, and I do not give a single fuck about those. I'll go to jail, I'll pay fines and court costs, I do not give a shit.

3.) Yep, that works. I've seen it work in person. It's a passive pussy fuckin' way of going about it, but when some dumb shit says some dumb shit and I call 'em on it, the folks around me hear what I say. Today, we need to bring the storm. You walk into a gas station or whatever, just ask, "Everyone in here hates communism, right?" That'll start some shit.

4.) That is an absolute fact. That's the only way communism could ever be successful. It's appalling how ignorant people are today, and yet they want to get behind a damn communist just cuz he says nice things and hope and change and flowers and shit. We need to convince these people that it's OK to be a dumbass, but DON'T FUCKING VOTE. Voting is serious business, and they ain't living up to their responsibilities as voters. I've got family like that, and holy shit they are just fuckin' CLUELESS when it comes to the public sector. Gooooooood people, but damn they're dropping the fuckin' ball!

5.) Donald Trump served his purpose. That man showed me there are still a SHITLOAD of people that will look past a man's flaws. That's not something the communists do. The communists won't let a man live down a mistake. They want a permanent record, and if it any time in your life you made a mistake, they will forever hold that shit over your head, unless you're one of the privileged few that are fat when we're all starving. Then you can drunk drive your car off into a river, killing your companion, or you can rape kids, and no one will give a shit. It's time for the good people keep being good people, and be more proactive in routing communism.

6.) I'm hopeful that Matt Whitaker's balls will drop like a 100 megaton nuke in DC. I think the fed is fucked, though. That communist nut is screwed on retard tight.

7.) Yeah, and what's even more concerning is that the old shits at least knew how to put together a plan. These young folks are frothing at the mouth thinking about that time when they get the power to destroy their opposition. That shit is gonna be nasty.

Again, thank you, sir, for your response.

I intend to put a stop to that shit. Ideally in the next 20-30 years or so, folks just won't think that type of shit makes sense. They'll appreciate their communities and won't even want to litter, much less burn an American flag.

What do you think about that shit? What if we had a company whose income came from monthly recurring charges, and the whole damn purpose of the company was to rout out communism? The fuckin' product is freedom. Today, I'm not really CEO/CFO material. I'm director/engineer level, but I can do in a pinch. I'll figure that shit out as I go, but really, I don't see any reason why that wouldn't be a damn good idea.

Trump beat them with cold hard truth and not being intimidated and he is a life long NYC pussy.

Never give up. its Hard to see right now but the good guys are winning, the more unhinged they become the more we are winning, for the first time in my life our enemies within are showing themselves to the light of day. Our enemies are imploding the system they built and used t protect themselves, the curtains have been pulled back. Be prepared for a violent death but in reality they will turn on themselves when the first one goes to jail. (Jeff Sessions was a tragic appointment.)

Buy more ammo and "Lend a friend / AR's" just in case though.

I thank God daily for Trump. He grabbed me by the back of the neck, lifted me up, and said, "Look here, Jon, you dumb motherfucker you, we can fix this shit and I need your fuckin' help to do it. Grow a pair, go forth, and conquer. There's tens of millions of people that still give a shit and they'll help out when they can."

1543852254510.png

I am not listed, but I am sure I will have a few comments once I digest it all, and put in my 10ish hours in the shop. I have families on welfare I have to feed.

Shit... Well, that's the problem with lists. Can't all be Thomas Jeffersons. Some of us are relegated to the mere likes of those folks that signed the Declaration of Independence that no one talks about.

Here's some advice to work with: Nobody has ever changed their minds because you attacked their argument successfully. Like emotional value people put on items they are trying to sell, people have emotional value attached to their ideas, especially if it's THEIR idea. The best way to change minds is to use a narrative or story. It worked pretty well for Jesus. Never attack 'em, it'll just put 'em on the offensive. Instead look for ways they're similar to you and build on that. The conclusion of the story should always be something so profoundly based on logic that it cannot be refuted. They will come to this conclusion if you do it right. And they'll never know they've been manipulated into changing positions.

The biggest problem with what's going on today is that a paradigm shift occurred this century and we haven't caught up and nobody really knows intrinsically what it means. Even neurologists say the internet has changed how the brain is wired but they don't know how, how much, to what degree it matters or if it does matter, is it good or bad? They don't know. None of us do. But we've all experienced the much uglier side of human nature since the net got popular.

I tried to run, well WANTED to run for office. What I found was complete apathy, couldn't even get my ex (wife at the time) on board. Tried contacting previous candidates to see what worked or didn't, no responses. What I found was a system so rigged that unless you're part of one party or the other and have connections with big money, it ain't happening. Not being defeatist, just saying that's the framework we're left with.

Here's some advice to work with: Nobody has ever changed their minds because you attacked their argument successfully. Like emotional value people put on items they are trying to sell, people have emotional value attached to their ideas, especially if it's THEIR idea. The best way to change minds is to use a narrative or story. It worked pretty well for Jesus. Never attack 'em, it'll just put 'em on the offensive. Instead look for ways they're similar to you and build on that. The conclusion of the story should always be something so profoundly based on logic that it cannot be refuted. They will come to this conclusion if you do it right. And they'll never know they've been manipulated into changing positions.

The biggest problem with what's going on today is that a paradigm shift occurred this century and we haven't caught up and nobody really knows intrinsically what it means. Even neurologists say the internet has changed how the brain is wired but they don't know how, how much, to what degree it matters or if it does matter, is it good or bad? They don't know. None of us do. But we've all experienced the much uglier side of human nature since the net got popular.

I tried to run, well WANTED to run for office. What I found was complete apathy, couldn't even get my ex (wife at the time) on board. Tried contacting previous candidates to see what worked or didn't, no responses. What I found was a system so rigged that unless you're part of one party or the other and have connections with big money, it ain't happening. Not being defeatist, just saying that's the framework we're left with.

That's some good shit, man. Thank you. I love telling stories. When I go on about stuff, it's a whirlwind of emotion. Talkin' about news articles and stuff, what I do is I imagine myself being the subject of that story, I imagine what my life as that person is like, and I talk from that perspective. That kid in Dallas is, bless his heart, is a hell of a focal point. Ain't too many people in this world that would get behind trying to turn your boy into a girl at 6 years old. It's communism all the way down after that.

Apathy is a big issue. Folks don't care about their cities, states, or their country really. They pay taxes, but they don't realize the city's bank account is THEIR bank account. They don't see the credits and debits, and when some fucktard politician wants to toss a few million at a damn golf course, on average, no one cares. We've got to get folks into the mindset that their city, state, and country are THEIRs, THEY own it, THEY are responsible for it. Some places are too far gone, and I'd say my home town of Pasadena, TX is pretty damn far out there, but you get enough people drunk and pissed off with the truth it's gonna spread. I believe this can work to uproot this single party shit we've got going on here. You want to be mayor here? You're gonna need the blessings of Johnny Isbell unless you've got a better idea. I've got one, we'll see how well it works in 2021.

I like what you've said. And agree with you in MANY ways. Like many others here, thinking along the same line. It has long been my opinion that "this" and "your" soapbox is based upon one word. The one thing that is the basis of ALL that is missing in society today:

"Responsibility"

You say the first thing you want to do, is make it legal to shoot off fireworks in the city again. Fine, great, and awesome. Now why would it have been made illegal to begin with? Either fire issues, or injury issues, or both.

So make it legal again, AND make it so that anyone who does shoot off fireworks is liable AND responsible for any/all issues that come of it, to begin with. IE if Joe Blow goes and sets off a mortar, and the shell explodes in air (properly) but also catches the roof of his neighbors house on fire BECAUSE IT WAS SET OFF TOO CLOSE TO FLAMMABLE STRUCTURES, then Joe Blow personally pays for said house repairs and/or replacement. Not his insurance, because insurance doesn't/shouldn't pay for stupidity. That then puts the onus on Joe Blow.

If Suzy Rottencrotch decides that she's gonna likker-up and teach her ex-babydaddy a lesson by blasting him with a Roman Candle and he looses an eye, then again, SHE is responsible for paying for said damages. Not her insurance or anything, but HER. And that debt don't go away, either. Not write-off'able, not 'bankruptable' (or whatever the term is, when debts are disappeared when people declare bankruptcy).

Just start by bringing back RESPONSIBILITY to each and every person out there. They are responsible for their own living quarters. They are responsible for their own staples in their own cupboards. They are responsible for their own transportation, to and from their own jobs, of which they pay their own taxes from their own paycheques.

They are responsible for their own education, to make their own upgrading, to get their own 'better paying job'....

I know that there are legitimate disabilities out there, with legitimate people being afflicted by numerous legitimate ailments. Believe me, I know this. But there are far too many venues, for idiots with imagined hang-nails, to be given support and assistance for far too much AND the housing as well. That shit needs to be weeded out.

Civic roadworks::::
Put an end to the "construction companies" who charge millions to replace 4 linear miles of roadwork. Entry-level employees running shovels (Mexican Drag-Lines) to get the job done. It'll take longer, but people will very quickly start to see the value of a dollar, and the definition of a day's work. You wanna be eligible for welfare? Go ahead, start driving that shovel. At the end of the day you'll get your welfare cheque. Earned.

Just as a start. Same goes for clearing up forests. Bring back 'menial jobs' and 'hard labour' and whatnot. That is what people learn to advance themselves from.

Sorta like the old thought of 'conscription', of a few years in the Forces for everybody. Except in this case, its 'Civic Duties'.... right outta high-school. Just to give everyone an incentive to learn something, and Be Better.

To instill in themselves Personal Responsibility.

Tell me I'm wrong. Either way, run with that. Run fast, run far, and then continue. I'll buy you a pair of shoes.

I like what you've said. And agree with you in MANY ways. Like many others here, thinking along the same line. It has long been my opinion that "this" and "your" soapbox is based upon one word. The one thing that is the basis of ALL that is missing in society today:

"Responsibility"

You say the first thing you want to do, is make it legal to shoot off fireworks in the city again. Fine, great, and awesome. Now why would it have been made illegal to begin with? Either fire issues, or injury issues, or both.

So make it legal again, AND make it so that anyone who does shoot off fireworks is liable AND responsible for any/all issues that come of it, to begin with. IE if Joe Blow goes and sets off a mortar, and the shell explodes in air (properly) but also catches the roof of his neighbors house on fire BECAUSE IT WAS SET OFF TOO CLOSE TO FLAMMABLE STRUCTURES, then Joe Blow personally pays for said house repairs and/or replacement. Not his insurance, because insurance doesn't/shouldn't pay for stupidity. That then puts the onus on Joe Blow.

If Suzy Rottencrotch decides that she's gonna likker-up and teach her ex-babydaddy a lesson by blasting him with a Roman Candle and he looses an eye, then again, SHE is responsible for paying for said damages. Not her insurance or anything, but HER. And that debt don't go away, either. Not write-off'able, not 'bankruptable' (or whatever the term is, when debts are disappeared when people declare bankruptcy).

Just start by bringing back RESPONSIBILITY to each and every person out there. They are responsible for their own living quarters. They are responsible for their own staples in their own cupboards. They are responsible for their own transportation, to and from their own jobs, of which they pay their own taxes from their own paycheques.

They are responsible for their own education, to make their own upgrading, to get their own 'better paying job'....

I know that there are legitimate disabilities out there, with legitimate people being afflicted by numerous legitimate ailments. Believe me, I know this. But there are far too many venues, for idiots with imagined hang-nails, to be given support and assistance for far too much AND the housing as well. That shit needs to be weeded out.

Civic roadworks::::
Put an end to the "construction companies" who charge millions to replace 4 linear miles of roadwork. Entry-level employees running shovels (Mexican Drag-Lines) to get the job done. It'll take longer, but people will very quickly start to see the value of a dollar, and the definition of a day's work. You wanna be eligible for welfare? Go ahead, start driving that shovel. At the end of the day you'll get your welfare cheque. Earned.

Just as a start. Same goes for clearing up forests. Bring back 'menial jobs' and 'hard labour' and whatnot. That is what people learn to advance themselves from.

Sorta like the old thought of 'conscription', of a few years in the Forces for everybody. Except in this case, its 'Civic Duties'.... right outta high-school. Just to give everyone an incentive to learn something, and Be Better.

To instill in themselves Personal Responsibility.

Tell me I'm wrong. Either way, run with that. Run fast, run far, and then continue. I'll buy you a pair of shoes.

Holy fuck what a great post. You're alright for a Canadian.

Just remember they got together and weaponized the whole of the federal apparatus and, the deep state, the MSM against the Tea Party. They are that evil and should be treated as such.

I know, man. That's a huge concern for me. Those commies are excellent liars and can be real hard to ferret out.

What do you think about the business idea? You want a job making sure we don't hire any closeted communists?

@QuickNDirty I'm late to the party Brother and it's gonna be a bit before I to can go through this thoroughly. I'll say this though right off the bat, you know we've shared plenty of PM's over the years and we definitely have a pretty good feel of who each other is and your OP is not all that surprising to me. You're a passionate man that feels like so many of us, shoved into a corner and pretty much had his fill of all this bullshit we're surrounded by on a daily basis.

You are Jon "Fuck'n" Findley, and a damn good man and I'm proud to call you "Friend".

Before I gotta run, HOW IN THE FUCK DID @ArmyJerry MAKE IT TO THE TOP OF THE LIST? :ROFLMAO:

and just an fyi @Tucker301 is an asshole.

@QuickNDirty I'm late to the party Brother and it's gonna be a bit before I to can go through this thoroughly. I'll say this though right off the bat, you know we've shared plenty of PM's over the years and we definitely have a pretty good feel of who each other is and your OP is not all that surprising to me. You're a passionate man that feels like so many of us, shoved into a corner and pretty much had his fill of all this bullshit we're surrounded by on a daily basis.

You are Jon "Fuck'n" Findley, and a damn good man and I'm proud to call you "Friend".

Before I gotta run, HOW IN THE FUCK DID @ArmyJerry MAKE IT TO THE TOP OF THE LIST? :ROFLMAO:

and just an fyi @Tucker301 is an asshole.

@ArmyJerry 's position in the list was earned by being an inflammatory son of a bitch with damn near no filter. Brutal, honest, and hard to get through. Kinda like a shitty whiskey. I often wonder if he's a communist federal agent trying to bait people into doing some stupid shit. He's good people as far as I'm concerned, and I give a shit what he thinks. I know that motherfucker would not sugar coat a criticism. Now if only I could figure out how to get him to answer my damn questions explicitly.

Reactions: Yasherka and 1J04
Alright, so basically where I'm at now is:

I want to start a company. I want the company's mission statement to be something along the lines of:
Provide uniquely American services tailored to this world that will help rout out communism, and be the most damn interesting political action organization anyone has ever seen.

Top three services we need are right here:
1.) Platform to help people that want to vote learn about and understand who it is they are voting for, and to dramatically reduce the barrier for entry for a candidate wanting to run for office.

2.) A platform to organize voters in a locally focused way, with a side effect of establishing a QRF.

3.) Provide a communication platform that merges all the benefits of radio communication with all the benefits of a digital social network hosted on the internet.

Furthermore, I want a political action division charged with getting out in the world, getting people drunk, and getting the truth out in a way folks won't soon forget.

For the services,

#1 will take 3 developers about 6 months to get right. The main operational expense will be video storage. For a wide-adoption scenario with 10s of thousands of pissants running for office, we're prolly looking at $6k or so a month for storage, and another $500-600 a month for the infrastructure.

#2 will take 3 developers about 14-18 months to get right. The main operational expenses will be legal and proxy services. Because of its distributed nature, and the way I intend to build it, storage will be on the client side. We're looking at a couple hundred dollars a month for millions of users.

#3 will take 3 developers about 18-24 months to get right. The main operational expenses will be bandwidth and proxy services. Probably looking at 15-20k/month for millions of users.

So, in 2019 we overhaul how people research political candidates, and in 2020 we overhaul how people communicate, and how they assemble. When this shit is running full throttle, we're spending somewhere around $30k a month on all the technical stuff. Figure the talent is gonna cost about $50k/month, and we'll add another $10-20k a month for padding. Then we've got another $15-20k/month for political action efforts.

Grand total for all I can account for so far is looking to be about $120k/month. If we had 10,000 red blooded Americans giving $20/month, we'd clear that and have some left over. I know there's more than 10k Americans that'll get behind this shit.

With a fully remote work force, we don't need much of an office. Just a place to get together, and receive mail. That $10-20k/month of padding should cover that and any workstations or materials our employees need.

How do I look in this CEO hat? Does it make my numbers look good?

Thinking about it some more, alcohol is great, but we can also buy ammo and NFA stuff. We can take people shooting on our dime, and have a damn good time doing it. With enough capital, we can buy property across the country and turn that shit into private shooting ranges and whatnot. Holy hell, what a concept.

Wanna do some shootin? Pass the intermediate shooting instruction course and verify that you're not a communist. Basically open to the good part of the public.

@Lowlight - How much would I need to pay you to oversee the training programs?

Last edited:
Oh man, I love this shit.

Popped into the kiwk stop to re-up on cancer sticks a couple hours ago. Pakistani kid that handles the counter has grown on me over the years, and he told me he was thinking about doing something different. I told him, "You thought about a restauraunt?" He had, and I said, "Buddy I've got a great idea for a restauraunt" and went on about how people need talk more and need a place where they can eat and drink and talk shit freely. That's the theme of the restaraunt.

Well, about that time a heavy set gentleman at the slot machines spilled out on the floor. I didn't know wtf happened, took a sec to contemplate what's going on and went over and checked his pulse and tried to talk to him. Out fuckin' cold, weak pulse it was there and OK as far as I could tell, and a big hole in his t-shirt with bandages exposed. Thought, 'wtf is this? Hey, can you hear me?"

"CAN YOU HEAR ME, WAKE UP MAN."

Eyes started twitching, and finally came open. He was out for about 10-15 seconds.

"Are you hurt? How hard did you hit your head?"

He said he was ok, head shot wasn't too bad. Asked him, "Can you stand?" - Nope. Then he went on about how he just got out of dialysis and wanted to hit the slots.

Well, his blood pressure was probably pretty low, but he didn't seem too concerned. I told him to chill, and I'd keep an eye on him. If he wasn't better in 5 minutes we're getting the ambulance involved. Then I was like, "Huh... captive audience, eh? Say man, what do you think about that restaurant idea? People need to communicate more. Here we are in this city of 170k or so and even though you probably live right down the road from me, I ain't ever met you before and don't know anything about you. That's not right, IMO."

He agreed, and thought it was a damn good idea, but said I'd need a rule that conversations can't get heated or you're gonna have people brawling. I said, "Nah, man. Conversations need to get as heated as they need to get, and I guarantee after a few brawls people will figure it out. World's a dangerous place, can't let fear guide your life. We need to start talking again, even if it might get rowdy."

Got pretty interesting after that, had a good conversation about decent people and how he appreciated me coming to help him. Then I had to try to lift this 300 something pound dude off the ground. My back isn't hurting yet, but I'll probably feel it tomorrow. He liked my sense of humor, and laughed out loud when I said I even care about the fuckin' communists.

Sucks that I'm about to write this next part, but he brought it up and it's obviously a concern folks have. I shut it down in a hurry. I don't give a fuck what color you are. You're either American or not. This dude was black.

Earlier this AM I hit the douche whistle shop (Thanks to whoever the guy that sent me cigars in exchange for a 3D printed stock spacer for giving me that term) and started talking to the ~23 year old working that counter. Asked him how he felt about communism, and he didn't really have an opinion. I asked him how he felt about the bill of rights and he said, "Well, we have it for a reason, I guess" I said, "You guess? Do you know what the first amendment is?" - No

Gave him some helpers... Freedom of speech, "Yeah that's right"
What else? "Umm... ehh.... hmmm..." - Freedom of religion
What else? "Umm... I dunno." - Freedom to peaceably assemble. Do you know what means? "No."
What about the second amendment? - "Freedom to keep and bear arms! I know that one." - Do you own any guns?
"Yeah" - A lot of them? "Some..." - What about ammo? "Uh, I've got a box I think." - You're fucking slacking. You need to fix that shit. Ought to come shooting and wheeling with me one of these days. Ain't anything better than drinking beer and shootin' guns out in the sticks. He was all about that.

Then I went on about the corporation idea and asked him if he liked the idea and would give $20/month to it, he said he probably would. May not have it to give, but at least there's some interest. Also asked him if a dude walked into a restaurant he was at and offered to pick up the tabs of anyone wanting to have a conversation about where we're at, and where we're going, and how we're gonna get there, and he said, "Yeah... I think I probably would take you up on that."

Good day. Got some good work done at my day job even though I was cranking out content on the 'hide and helping some folks find their way, and learned a thing or two about how to improve my success rate. Folks are ignorant, and it's gonna take some patience to get it worked out. Gotta think on that some more.

Awesome post and your ideas are good.
Thanks for putting it out there.
You don’t need a company, you need 3 or so.
A PAC should be a 501c3 and run as such. Tax preferenced.
The voting and candidate actions along with actions on legislation should run through that. May give contributors tax deductions or preferences on donations. Also dodges income tax on contributions if you set it up right.
Second company (your item 3) probably should be for profit. What structure depend on whether you will retain earnings, issue shares or have directors and shareholders.
Items 1 and 2 are probably the same organization unless they’ll have very different objectives.
Then you’ll probably need a for profit for shit you create or people that you find that can create stuff people want.
Lastly (maybe) you’ll need a company that holds the real estate you’re discussing.
IMO, you’ll probably not want to tie them together. Here’s why. An attorney could do this better by the way. Tiring them together potentially opens up the assets of all to lawsuits against one if that makes sense? And by the way, and you know this, you’re going to get sued at some point. No biggie, probably means you’re actually doing something right and pissing someone off which you’re definitely going to do.
You’re going to need an attorney or two on retainer.
There’s more but I’ll leave it to wiser people than me to work.

Lastly, I’m all in on getting drunk and hashing things out and it’s fun but be careful. You’re gonna be a target if you’re effective and there’s a helluva implied liability if you’re buying drinks and someone crashes or does something bad. Not being a chickenshit but you’re gonna enter shark filled waters here.
If I can help let me know.

Awesome post and your ideas are good.
Thanks for putting it out there.
You don’t need a company, you need 3 or so.
A PAC should be a 501c3 and run as such. Tax preferenced.
The voting and candidate actions along with actions on legislation should run through that. May give contributors tax deductions or preferences on donations. Also dodges income tax on contributions if you set it up right.
Second company (your item 3) probably should be for profit. What structure depend on whether you will retain earnings, issue shares or have directors and shareholders.
Items 1 and 2 are probably the same organization unless they’ll have very different objectives.
Then you’ll probably need a for profit for shit you create or people that you find that can create stuff people want.
Lastly (maybe) you’ll need a company that holds the real estate you’re discussing.
IMO, you’ll probably not want to tie them together. Here’s why. An attorney could do this better by the way. Tiring them together potentially opens up the assets of all to lawsuits against one if that makes sense? And by the way, and you know this, you’re going to get sued at some point. No biggie, probably means you’re actually doing something right and pissing someone off which you’re definitely going to do.
You’re going to need an attorney or two on retainer.
There’s more but I’ll leave it to wiser people than me to work.

Lastly, I’m all in on getting drunk and hashing things out and it’s fun but be careful. You’re gonna be a target if you’re effective and there’s a helluva implied liability if you’re buying drinks and someone crashes or does something bad. Not being a chickenshit but you’re gonna enter shark filled waters here.
If I can help let me know.

Shark filled waters, target... I'm looking forward to it. It won't be easy, but it's gonna be fuckin' great. I'm bored as shit sitting here building things for people that aren't helping America and/or hurting it. Can't think of anything more fulfilling than gettin' in the game and doing what I can to right the ship. All the amazing people to meet, all the crazy shit that's gonna go down. Fuck yeah, bring it on. I'm young enough to take it in stride. I dunno how the hell Trump does it.

I wonder what the price tag on the lawyers and corporations will be.

The software stuff can probably all run under the same umbrella. The PAC stuff, and I don't know that a 501c3 is what I'm gonna want for this purpose because I don't want to promise the IRS anything. Bonus points for "paying my fair share".

The gun ranges and whatnot would definitely be a separate thing entirely.

The main thing I think is essential is a common entry-point for financial contributions from Americans that believe in this thing. Kinda what I have in mind is basically this:
1.) People sign up on www.america.com (or through the apps) (I'm gonna try to get that domain just because I like it and it doesn't seem to be in use. I bet they want a pretty penny for it, though. We'll see.)
2.) Set up a recurring payment of $20 or so
3.) That money ends up in an account belonging to America, Inc or whatever
4.) The money is then distributed to the other companies, and that's how I'd end up getting paid
5.) What is left after operational expenses goes into something to make more money.

I don't know much about that side of the world, yet. If you've got book recommendations or anything I should check out, feel free to lay 'em out. There's definitely some tricky legal-fu that's going to be involved.

I don't think any of the apps would require any further payments. Just having an account with America, Inc or whatever gives you access to everything. In a fucked up way, it's almost like a public service provided by a private corporation.

1543892057130.png

Seems to me like maybe you've got something on your mind. If you've got something to say, I'd like to hear it. Whatever it is.
maybe some other time...I had a wee bit too much bourbon tonight....uhmm something along telegraphing punches and the thought of many alphabet agencies that look at this webite......something Frank mentioned pretty much and the infancy of this website.

maybe some other time...I had a wee bit too much bourbon tonight....uhmm something along telegraphing punches and the thought of many alphabet agencies that look at this webite......something Frank mentioned pretty much and the infancy of this website.

Have a good night, man. If you want, gimme a call at 832 709 6407 tomorrow.

I'm headed to bed myself.

Far as alphabet employees are concerned, they're all just people, too. Some of 'em probably like what I'm saying and might even contribute somehow. Worst case scenario, I not only entertained 'em, but also got my money's worth if they actually sat there and read all this stuff. Not like those guys actually do any real work or anything. :ROFLMAO:

In any case, I'm really liking this train of thought I'm on and as long as @Lowlight will have me and provide a space to discuss this stuff on a public forum, I will continue to do so.

I want to begin by saying I truly admire your passion and patriotism, Jon. That’s the kind of spirit and call to action that built this country into something special. I think that spirit still exists in many Americans, it just needs to be stirred. The idea that America is worth restoring and preserving is fundamental to saving the republic.

I’m an engineer as well and tend to be more analytical in my thinking, so it will take me a while longer to really process everything, but here are my initial thoughts:

1. I agree wholeheartedly that communism / socialism ultimately leads to the downfall and destruction of any country that adopts it. There is not now and has never been a communist country that has risen as fast and come as far as the American republic. No other people in the history of the world have enjoyed a comparable quality of life to the average American.

2. I think Americans used to be united in our goals and just divided over how we accomplished them. That could generally be settled by discussion and vote. Now I think we are divided in our goals. That’s much, much different. In fact, I would argue that’s the pre-cursor to civil war and absolutely cause to promote what you are proposing. We need to capture hearts and minds (but without grabbing them by the balls). Convince them we’re not right because we’re final, we’re final because we’re right.

3. Government, particularly at the national level, has become an industry that is really not much different than pro wrestling. You’ve got heroes, villains, and outrageous plots. Those that are best at working the crowds become the stars. Heroes and villains swap roles as the story demands. Whoever is a villain at the time gets the crowd so wound up and angry they will support any hero that vows to thwart them, then after a while it reverses. Democrat villains get Republican heroes re-elected and vice versa. Maybe some of the bit players fall away, but the stars always return for the next show. And it’s all carefully choreographed to give the appearance of these epic struggles, but in reality everyone involved is friends behind the scenes and doing whatever they need to do to keep each other employed. And so we are left with entrenched politicians that are far more interested in keeping their jobs than actually doing them. (I think so many of the establishment are against Trump because he broke kayfabe and genuinely wants to change things for the better of the country.)

4. I think the solution to (3) is a movement to remove every single incumbent from office. Everybody out. Particularly those in an office without term limits. If politicians aren’t willing to approve and adhere to term limits, then we will do it for them. In the beginning it has to be done in primary elections rather than general elections (so we don’t wind up with a Beto). A few good ones will be lost. I think Greg Abbott has been a great governor of Texas, but I refuse to believe he is the only one capable of doing a great job. Career politicians have poisoned the well. And I absolutely refuse to believe that in a country of over 300 million people, the same sorry group in Washington now is the best we can do. I would almost be willing to just hold a raffle. I think the odds are still heavily in favor of doing better than Ocasio-Cortez.

5. I really like your app idea, maybe paired with a social media hub. I think what prevents a lot of good, capable people from running for office is no simple and effective means of presenting themselves to the public. I can envision a dedicated app / social network where people can introduce who they are, the office they seek, the challenges they see, and the solutions they propose. All without any mention of party affiliations. So many people are dismissive of ideas just because of preconceived notions about the person who proposed it. If the app was searchable for national races all the way down to local, with alerts for new candidates, a means of signing petitions to get people on a ballot, and contributing to their campaigns, I think it would be a great service to many and maybe finally help us to really start draining the swamp in earnest.

6. The restaurant idea is also really intriguing. I can see something like a dinner theater that gives any patron 5 minutes to talk about whatever, just get up and speak their mind. Or have debate challenges. Five minutes per side with one minute rebuttals. I think one of the biggest problems in America now is that people, especially young people, aren’t taught or challenged to think critically. So many people hold views they don’t understand and can’t support, but they still vote that way. Not to get off on a tangent, but too many people are content to just regurgitate whatever someone they think is intelligent and informed says rather than putting forth the effort to actually become informed. It’s the “fake it until you make it” mentality, except they never make it. Instead they just get together with other fakers and agree they are right.

I don’t want to slip into another douchebag rant, so again, kudos for recognizing and engaging the problem. I love The Lord, my family, my state, and my country, and I support anyone who stands in service to any of them. Thanks for making an effort.

I want to begin by saying I truly admire your passion and patriotism, Jon. That’s the kind of spirit and call to action that built this country into something special. I think that spirit still burns in many Americans, it just needs to be stoked. The idea that America is worth restoring and preserving is fundamental to saving the republic.

FIFY

I’m an engineer as well and tend to be more analytical in my thinking, so it will take me a while longer to really process everything

Oh man, I can't wait for round two.

1. I agree wholeheartedly that communism / socialism ultimately leads to the downfall and destruction of any country that adopts it. There is not now and has never been a communist country that has risen as fast and come as far as the American republic. No other people in the history of the world have enjoyed a comparable quality of life to the average American.

I know what it's like to be poor, alone, with no place to call home, nothing to eat, and to sit there and think, "How will I ever amount to anything in this world." In those times, my ONLY priority was keeping my vehicle legal, gassed up, and functional so that I could earn money and stay alive. I didn't stay like that for long, I never asked anyone for help (though people helped me plenty, because even though I didn't talk about it, they knew, and they cared about me), and I figured out a solution.

Even then, I had it so much better than many people in this world. Even in my worst days as an American citizen, I could be relatively happy.

I don't have a degree, didn't even graduate high school. I started off a pizza delivery driver, moved on to auto part transportation (as a contractor, when gas was right about $4 a gallon, making $10 an hour, and spending more than that just on gas. Big mistake, or a blessing, depending on perspective), did residential contract cable installation and made my first 6 figures in attics getting up to that middle east heat with Galveston humidity, quit, bought books, learned how to program like a man, writing drivers and doing some really fun shit, went to college, dropped out, got a w2 programming gig making 27k/year, took it to 35k/year with a whole month of vacation, quit, got another job, 1099 of course, making 50k/year, no bennies, no idea what's in store for me, and you know what I did? Got married and bought a house on that sketchy shit 6 months later. Company wasn't even making a million dollars then.

It took almost 3 months to close on that bitch because the underwriters didn't even think it was a good idea. The sellers were pissed, and so was I. We finally got it nailed down, though. I had to resort to collateral and co-signers. Only .gov benefit I've ever claimed AFAIK, FHA loan.

Took that to 80k/year with another 40k on the side working the most insane hours, quit, got the most ridiculously cushy programming job I can imagine, making better than 100k/year for almost 0 effort relative to what I'm used to, great benefits, I work from home every single day, whatever hours I choose, I have unlimited days off and no one EVER calls me. Sometimes they send messages, usually to say "Great job on <x>!" or some other shit like that. Wonderful folks, wonderful company, wonderful everything. That's just not my style. I need to know I can fail, and nowadays I need to know I'm working toward something that makes the future of my kids brighter, and I promise you, if it's better for my kids it's better for yours, too.

2. I think Americans used to be united in our goals and just divided over how we accomplished them. That could generally be settled by discussion and vote. Now I think we are divided in our goals. That’s much, much different. In fact, I would argue that’s the pre-cursor to civil war and absolutely cause to promote what you are proposing. We need to capture hearts and minds (but without grabbing them by the balls). Convince them we’re not right because we’re final, we’re final because we’re right.

Please explain that last sentence. I don't get the final/right right/final part.

3. Government, particularly at the national level, has become an industry that is really not much different than pro wrestling. You’ve got heroes, villains, and outrageous plots. Those that are best at working the crowds become the stars. Heroes and villains swap roles as the story demands. Whoever is a villain at the time gets the crowd so wound up and angry they will support any hero that vows to thwart them, then after a while it reverses. Democrat villains get Republican heroes re-elected and vice versa. Maybe some of the bit players fall away, but the stars always return for the next show. And it’s all carefully choreographed to give the appearance of these epic struggles, but in reality everyone involved is friends behind the scenes and doing whatever they need to do to keep each other employed. And so we are left with entrenched politicians that are far more interested in keeping their jobs than actually doing them. (I think so many of the establishment are against Trump because he broke kayfabe and genuinely wants to change things for the better of the country.)

Welp, kayfabe is a new word I learned today. Thanks for that. I love the wrestling reference. I know enough about it to know what you're saying. Perfect example of Hero/villain transitions is John McCain and Lindsey Graham. Trey Gowdy, too, I suppose. One day they were the ticket, and the next, everyone's against them, or vice versa. Pelosi, too.

4. I think the solution to (3) is a movement to remove every single incumbent from office. Everybody out. Particularly those in an office without term limits. If politicians aren’t willing to approve and adhere to term limits, then we will do it for them. In the beginning it has to be done in primary elections rather than general elections (so we don’t wind up with a Beto). A few good ones will be lost. I think Greg Abbott has been a great governor of Texas, but I refuse to believe he is the only one capable of doing a great job. Career politicians have poisoned the well. And I absolutely refuse to believe that in a country of over 300 million people, the same sorry group in Washington now is the best we can do. I would almost be willing to just hold a raffle. I think the odds are still heavily in favor of doing better than Ocasio-Cortez.

I believe you and I, sir, and on line 24376:43 (Dunno what kind of engineer you are, but that means we're not only on the same page, we're on the same line looking at the same character and wondering who put that shit there). Please, God, tell me you're within a couple hundred miles of Houston, you like beer, you'll let me buy you some, and we can carry this on.

5. I really like your app idea, maybe paired with a social media hub. I think what prevents a lot of good, capable people from running for office is no simple and effective means of presenting themselves to the public. I can envision a dedicated app / social network where people can introduce who they are, the office they seek, the challenges they see, and the solutions they propose. All without any mention of party affiliations. So many people are dismissive of ideas just because of preconceived notions about the person who proposed it. If the app was searchable for national races all the way down to local, with alerts for new candidates, a means of signing petitions to get people on a ballot, and contributing to their campaigns, I think it would be a great service to many and maybe finally help us to really start draining the swamp in earnest.

Social media hub? What does that look like to you?
The rest of it, you pretty much nailed the idea for #1. The signatures and contributions would be great features. The conclusion, if folks get the idea that who they vote for matters and doing a quick entry of a zipcode will tell them who's running, where, why, etc, with push notifications when things change, is exactly what I hope to achieve. Everybody out, and good people in. Swamp /drained.

6. The restaurant idea is also really intriguing. I can see something like a dinner theater that gives any patron 5 minutes to talk about whatever, just get up and speak their mind. Or have debate challenges. Five minutes per side with one minute rebuttals. I think one of the biggest problems in America now is that people, especially young people, aren’t taught or challenged to think critically. So many people hold views they don’t understand and can’t support, but they still vote that way. Not to get off on a tangent, but too many people are content to just regurgitate whatever someone they think is intelligent and informed says rather than putting forth the effort to actually become informed. It’s the “fake it until you make it” mentality, except they never make it. Instead they just get together with other fakers and agree they are right.

I could get behind that dinner theater. I don't think it'd be as much fun as wide open, quiet setting with awards of free alcohol for folks that get so many "HELL YEAH!!!!"s at the end of an epic rant the damn building vibrated within some frequency threshold, but I like it.

I don’t want to slip into another douchebag rant, so again, kudos for recognizing and engaging the problem. I love The Lord, my family, my state, and my country, and I support anyone who stands in service to any of them. Thanks for making an effort.

WTF are you talking about? You delivered, sir. Spectacularly, and on the first try. There's no douchebag detected anywhere in there. Thanks for waking me up at 2AM for this fuckin' jewel. <--- not sarcasm.

This thread has progressed quickly, so excuse me for backtracking.

I will leave the comparisons to real world travelers, but it sounds like your restaurant/bar idea is akin to a real British/Irish/UK pub or a German beer hall. That's what I'm talking about taking back to the basics! Imagine a chain of pubs/halls where people could get together and discuss ideas. No need for loud music that drowns out conversation or 264 oversized flatscreen tv's - just simple good food and drink and open forum. The biggest problem I can see is generating interest in an apathetic public, but make it fun and make it good and I think you'd get there.

I will leave the comparisons to real world travelers, but it sounds like your restaurant/bar idea is akin to a real British/Irish/UK pub or a German beer hall. That's what I'm talking about taking back to the basics! Imagine a chain of pubs/halls where people could get together and discuss ideas. No need for loud music that drowns out conversation or 264 oversized flatscreen tv's - just simple good food and drink and open forum. The biggest problem I can see is generating interest in an apathetic public, but make it fun and make it good and I think you'd get there.

I'd be careful with the beer hall thing. Lots of bad historical association there with the past.

hofbrauhaus_munchen.png

Reactions: ArmyJerry

Yeah. I'm gonna give everybody some time to catch up. That was a mad dash on my part, and I can keep going on for days at ~120wpm or so. Take your time.

Because what you are proposing needs to happen. With me jumping in and saying "I'm in, where do I send money?", hopefully another hider will jump in and say "I'm in" and another, and another, and another....then those hiders get their non-hider buddies to do the same to help raise the capitol. Will it work? Who the fuck knows...but it needs to be tried.

I don't have the talent, people skills, or brain power to do what needs to be done, but what I do have is $100 to help you get rolling. PM your address and I'll get it out tomorrow. Put it in your "start up money" envelope while you gain capitol, support and man power.

Because what you are proposing needs to happen. With me jumping in and saying "I'm in, where do I send money?", hopefully another hider will jump in and say "I'm in" and another, and another, and another....then those hiders get their non-hider buddies to do the same to help raise the capitol. Will it work? Who the fuck knows...but it needs to be tried.

I don't have the talent, people skills, or brain power to do what needs to be done, but what I do have is $100 to help you get rolling. PM your address and I'll get it out tomorrow. Put it in your "start up money" envelope while you gain capitol, support and man power.

You're the first. You just completed the circuit. We're gonna find out if this is an idea whose time has come.

God help us all.

Jonathan Findley
832-709-6407
4108 Venetian Way
Pasadena, Texas

Before some timid soul like @Veer_G chimes in and says I ought to get rid of that. Posting my address on a public forum is the least of my concern. I'm going to give the world the best insight into who I am that I can muster. By the end of it, you'll know me, my family, and my way of life.

I will set the standard.

Not like ANY OF US have a choice in the matter.

https://newsroom.mastercard.com/pre...igital-identity-innovations/#__prclt=IarCgTyK

Last edited:
Tagging this shit right here. I’ll send up my response later, but I’m really digging what I am seeing here! Also, got your message. I will try and call sometime this week. I’m so slammed at work right now I’m doing good to keep my head above water! Later gents.