• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Yet another OCW!!!

TXLEO

Private
Minuteman
May 26, 2013
Central Texas
Rifle is a 700p LTR 20" .308. Federal brass (I know but it as given to me, I'll switch later), CCI BR2 primer. 178 AMAX and Varget.

powder charges were: 43.3. 43.6 43.9, 44.2, 44.5, 44.8, 45.1, 45.1. I think I had slight bolt stick and slight extraction stick at 45.5, but I'm still new and erring on the side of caution. No difference in the primers from 43.3-45.1. Also the high round on 6 was called due to a large caliber going off right next to me at the indoor range as I squeezed trigger :rolleyes: I'm thinking 43.6 or 43.9 are the OCW. I know a lot of people run 43.5. Lastly the 2 holes near the word "sighter" and the 43.3 mark are my sighter rounds, 40.8 41.6 42.4, that were shot just off target. The arrow points to here the 3rd hit. Tried to keep the main run on 1 paper.

I'd go back to the drawing boards. You didn't mention how far off the lands you are. I had some 155.5 fullbores group bad, they needed to be closer to the lands and have to be single fed, but now shoot .5s or better. Also how does it shoot with factory loads?

Loaded 2.810. Factory shot a little better but I also didn't have the distractions like I did yesterday.

I'd probably do a seating depth test using 43.8 grains... load 2.800... 2.805... and 2.810 again and see which comes out on top.

Federal brass can do with an annealing after about the 2nd firing. Neck tension will vary too much otherwise, from what I've seen.

Dan