• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors YHM Titanium Phantom QD

krw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2004
Arkansas
I have a chance to buy the aforementioned suppressor from my Class 3 Dealer. I have understood YHM cans are entry level cans. The experience I have had with YHM products has been good but does not include suppressors. Does anyone have any experience with this can? At least I can get away from the form 3 if I buy this can. Thanks!

Love mine. Has the best qd interface in the game for an AR since its spring loaded and no teeth to wear out like the aac cans. I observe very littke poi shift with it and its one of the most quiet cans on the market. There are better but theyre going to cost you dang near double. Plus I like that the muzzle device has a spring loaded tension ring so I never have to worry about it coming loose. I plan to get a tbac 30p for my bolt guns and direct thread but for an ar the qd is the way to go in my opinion. Its awesome on my 300blk.
20130703_122250_zpse0fd1fd0.jpg

I'm planning on getting the thread on variant for my bolt guns. Anyone think it would be a dumb decision?

Love mine. Has the best qd interface in the game for an AR since its spring loaded and no teeth to wear out like the aac cans. I observe very littke poi shift with it and its one of the most quiet cans on the market. There are better but theyre going to cost you dang near double. Plus I like that the muzzle device has a spring loaded tension ring so I never have to worry about it coming loose. I plan to get a tbac 30p for my bolt guns and direct thread but for an ar the qd is the way to go in my opinion. Its awesome on my 300blk.

And how exactly are you coming to that conclusion? What else are you comparing it to?

I have one and I think its completely caliber dependent on what you can classify as quiet.

After many years (yes years) sitting on the fence about the YHM Ti Phantom QD in 30cal, I just received mine. I am very pleased. Yes, it may be considered entry level and may not be as cutting edge as some out there, but it seems to me that the YHM is a solid performer. May not be the best performer, but I prefer a proven history, reasonable price and good availability. I am certainly glad I went for the Ti instead of the Stainless. QD is the way to go also. I'll have 5 rifles set up for this one suppressor. And yes, avoiding the form 3 would be advisable now. I got my form 4s for my suppressors back in 6 months (started in Feb.) It's been 3 months waiting on a form 3 for my SBR 300BLK, started in May. Still waiting....

I am waiting on my YHM 30 cal for me it's not an entry level suppressor it is my only one I'll ever have. I don't think there is an entry level one they are so expensive I know this one is the only one I'll ever have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I bought the YHM can and went ahead and bought the SWR Spector II can for 22's also. Will get paperwork done next wk and then start the Looooong waiting period. Thanks for everyones comments and opinions on the YHM can.

I dont own a YHM QD but will someday...I've fired a few and can say they are a great suppressor for the $$$$

Last edited:
Its a cryin ass shame you can walk into any sporting goods store in New Zealand and buy any .22 suppressor you want for no more than $75USD after the Kiwi to US conversion...or a very nice NZ manufactured 30 cal for $235 USD and put it in your bag and walk right out...no paperwork...nothing...

And how exactly are you coming to that conclusion? What else are you comparing it to?

I have one and I think its completely caliber dependent on what you can classify as quiet.
To my buddy's 30p-1. We didn't have any sound testing equipment but swapped between 300BLK, 308, 6.5CM and 223. Woulda tried it on others but those are the only rifles we have thread in 5/8. Either worked just fine and were comparable in my opinion. These tests were only done at 100yds though so maybe if you stretch it out there is a bigger difference in POI.

I bought the YHM QD because its mainly going to live on an AR, and will most likely go with a Recce 7 for the rest of my needs in the smaller calibers. Id go with a 30p-1 if it weren't for the fact I want to use it on some of my 223s that have 1/2 threads plus the two port muzzle break griffin makes is pretty nice with the rebated edge to hide the shims for timing the brake.

For AR use the yhm qd is hard to beat, no worrying about it coming loose and in my personal experience very little POI shift. Very little for me in an AR is a hair over 1 moa for both my 300BLK and 223.

I have 1 suppressor for like half a dozen AR types. The YHM Ti QD 7.62. Love it. Nuff said

I really like mine. I run it on several semi-autos and a few bolt guns. it is the QD version and I have 0 complaints.