• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

You all have been bugging me long enough!

Re: You all have been bugging me long enough!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just how old are you Maser?</div></div>

21 in October

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Noah Mercy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, Switch I know no eye or ear protection, but that's just me. I don't need it. I also know I do need a decent centerfire rifle again. .308 is a bit too much for the type of hunting I'm into. As you should know since you hang out in the Shout Box, I am looking at getting a rifle in .22 caliber such as 5.56mm or .220 Swift. </div></div>

You don't know me from Adam, and it may be you're just trying to get a rise out of folks, but as someone who was a range officer at three public ranges for over nine years and ran a large sporting goods department for a few years, I'd like to offer some advice based on experience:

Unless you were born on Krypton, your eyes and ears are susceptible to damage.

If you have ever had ringing in your ears after a loud noise, you sustained permanent damage to the cillia in your ears. They break off and don't grow back. Certain frequencies go first, but eventually they all go bye-bye. Know how I can identify a shooter who "doesn't need" ear protection? He's the one with the big attractive plastic doohickey in his ear. (Yeah, all the homies think Miracle Ears are the shizznits, don't they.) Hearing is an extremely important sense for a hunter/sniper.

Eyes...you got two and you need both for decent depth perception and peripheral vision, both handy attributes for a hunter/sniper. A face full of hot gasses from a ruptured cartridge or a bullet/pellet/piece of target bouncing back to you (I noticed a distinct disregard for the rule of safe firearm handling which dictates taking into account what is beyond your target, so this is a very real possibility) will turn you into a believer in glasses. I've known three people who lost part or all of the vision in an eye, and none of them were wearing eye protection. You don't have to wear "uncool" goggles...Oakley and Wiley X make shades that protect your peepers <span style="font-style: italic">while</span> you style.

I have witnessed multiple millions of rounds fired from calibers ranging from 22 CBs to 20mm AA rounds. We had a mchine gun shoot at one of the ranges and I was amongst over a dozen Ma Dueces cutting loose at the same time. I've spotted for guys shooting braked 50s from under a roof. (I just about got a nosebleed from that!) I'm 41 but my hearing tests better than most 20 year-olds, because I've always protected it. My optic orbs are in fine shape other than poor distance vision.

Do yourself a favor, and if you're serious about becoming a shooter, listen to those who are shooters. They didn't get where they are by ignoring their mentors.

</div></div>

Sound advice from someone who obviously knows a thing or two about the subject.............too bad he wasted his time typing that up for someone who won't take heed to a single word of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just how old are you Maser?</div></div>

21 in October </div></div>

So does that mean when you turn 21 that not drinking while shooting won't apply to you ether since you have fetal alcohol syndrome?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eye Pro? Ear Pro?
You do need a good 308 kid. Find a Marine Corps Marksmanship manual( try searching 'Bigger Hammer' ) and read it until you know all, then apply it. Never doubted you shot what you own either. I'll bet on those clays you can probably outshoot a few here as well </div></div> I have a Serbu BFG-50, one shot is all you need before you realize that not wearing ear pro is a big mistake!!!!

With my level of hearing loss, anything .223 and above sounds the same to me.

LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME!!!

Smartest part of MASER was wiped up off the birthing table and thrown in the trash, 21 years ago in October.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With my level of hearing loss, anything .223 and above sounds the same to me.</div></div>

Even though you don't "notice" the difference, your ears do! What are you going to do when you are totally deaf and you can't hear your child talk to you? You still think you don't need eye protection too? Want to see your kid grow up, or are you cool being the dumbass that lost his sight due to his own stupidity? How about being blind and deaf.......don't be a selfish prick, take care of yourself for your kid(s) they might prefer a dad who can see and hear.

Kelly

Maser are you one of those teens who walk around the mall sucking a binky and wearing girl pants? I saw that for the first time in my life a few months ago. I was so dumbfounded I couldn't even tell my wife to look. When I was growing up if a kid did something as gay as that he'd find himself locked up in a dumpster with a few extra bruises to take home. What the Fuck is going on here?????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those are called emo/scene kids. </div></div>

Maser = emo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those are called emo/scene kids. </div></div>

Maser = emo </div></div>

Maser != emo

Maser = waste of sperm

Notice the tactical side step action at :10 into the video. That is some ninja turtle kung fu right there.

My older brother also has hearing loss. But not from shooting without protection. From his choice of volume for the "music"/trash that he has always listened to. Part that made me mad was that he didn't like headphones so everyone could have the full benefit.

Hearing loss is permanent. It may be a very, very small amount at any time but is best avoided.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phantasm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those are called emo/scene kids. </div></div>

Maser = emo </div></div>

Maser != emo

Maser = waste of sperm </div></div>

= Waste of Skin

Hearing loss is a preventable issue. It is also accumulative with the amount of harmful noise you experience over time.
Eye loss, well that one is permanant so wearing eye pro while shooting works. You ever get hit with a rock or anythign else for that matter in your eye pro, yo will fully understand the impact of wearing it
grin.gif
yeah, I know...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phantasm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those are called emo/scene kids. </div></div>

Maser = emo </div></div>

Maser != emo

Maser = waste of sperm </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">= Waste of ForeSkin</span> </div></div>

Fixed it for you.

Oh for the love of God! He's not just a figment of our fucked up imagination, he really does exist!
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Notice the tactical side step action at :10 into the video. That is some ninja turtle kung fu right there. </div></div>

LOL

Maser - Why do you really have to embarrass yourself on here?....I do not feel bad for you at all.

nice shooting on the clays. please wear something for your eyes and ears dude

Maser: Young man, Alot of us on here are old Vets. Cover your ears youngster. When you get to be my age(50) and all you hear is fucking hissing in them and saying WHAT?? all day, your young ass is going to Thank WE old fuckers. My .02 young man..Its not macho or funny to do shit like that. Your going to pay for that shit..Trust me..

Reminds me of the uncle on Napoleon Dynamite, where he makes football videos of himself. Either way, go you.

what a waste of time i want my wasted time back!

who wants to sit around and watch a video of a f**king retard playing around with firearms dressed like a thug? you are truly the biggest f**k up i have ever encountered. you are the reason the government tries to ban firearms maser! to keep them out of the hands of twisted retarded dumbass people like you!

just my rant for the day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HzDd5_8LK1o"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HzDd5_8LK1o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object></div></div>

Im glad you had fun.

I have a photo buried somewhere of some older plastic shooting glasses. while shooting silhouette competition, this person was hit on the right lens with the base of a jacketed round at the 50 yard line. He was shooting a 30 caliber handgun in the open sight category, so it was like a 140 gr 30 cal anywhere in power from a 30 whisper to a 308. It was ten years ago, so I don't remember.
Anyway, the base of the bullet came off after striking the steel chicken, and flew back to the shooter, like a tiny frisbee and sawed into the eye protection.
His head snapped back like he had been slapped
He took off the glasses and set them on the table. After the line was safe, the high school students who were score keeping, trooped by to look at the result. The copper base was sawed/melted into the lens of the protection, at exactly pupil location. It stuck out 90 degrees from the surface of the lens. He was pale as a ghost for 30 minutes after that. Quite a lesson, and no harm.
It happens.
Everyone has seen the video of the guy getting smacked by a .50 BMG round after shooting it at a target at 100 yds. he got lucky.
It happens.
People who have lost some of their hearing when they could have done something about it are being dumb shits. Plain and simple.
firefights can't be helped, but any range time, well, not using eye and ear pro is just stupid.
Maser is not the only idiot out at the range, and I leave when that type shows up. I prefer to find an isolated area to shoot, so I don't have to put up with idiocy. I live in the mountains, so I can avoid these type of people.
The sort of indiscriminate shooting I saw on the part of the video I watched (I clicked it off. It sucked), along a power line right of way? Sheer stupidity. No excuse. Irresponsible, almost criminal. Deserves to have his firearm taken from him on the spot, and himself put in the corner in time out until a later date. Way later.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
1onkuq.jpg
</div></div> LoL

You look like your fucking high!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
1onkuq.jpg
</div></div>

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Maser:
1) Nice teddy bear
2) You are really fueling the fire with your response videos.
3) Please sign off youtube forever, you are only adding to your humility.
4) Are you wearing a hair piece?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr blasty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You look like your fucking high! </div></div>And the USMC EGAA on the back wall, as well as the "WHITE TEDDY". Is that yous sister's room?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr blasty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You look like your fucking high!</div></div>

It's you're not your.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColoWyo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do not feed the trolls. </div></div>

We never learn..

[x] Valyndiir: Wow that makes a lot of sense maser. I am pretty sure you are completely insane
Maser: ignore it king
Maser: val is a troll
[x] Valyndiir: rofl, at least i wear eye and ear protection like an adult
Maser: he will prove hes a troll by trying to defend himself
Maser: lol did i call that laugh
Maser: must suck having to live your life vacariously through the net like val does
[x] Valyndiir: haha you're so full of shit ^_^
Maser: and he will try and defend himself again
Maser: laugh
[x] Valyndiir: do you realize you have pissed off a ton of people with that vid?
Maser: good
[x] Valyndiir: i cannot lower myself enough to understand your level of stupidity
Maser: u can leave now troll
Maser: u are not needed here
Maser: this site os fpr adults not you
Maser: is
Maser: for
Maser: now defend yourself again
[x] Valyndiir: who are you to tell me I am not needed here?
Maser: bye bye troll
[x] Valyndiir: hah, nothing you can do to make me leave, and i actually have friends here
Maser: try having friends in real life instead of the internet
Maser: i know ur just a kid but seriously
Maser: i was a man when i was 13
Maser: now defend urself again
[x] Valyndiir: LOL
[x] Valyndiir: i'm laughing my ass off
[x] Valyndiir: posting this shit in your thread

Maser, I find myself amazed that you even made it to 20.

I may have a low post count, but that does not necessarily imply that I am a beginning shooter. I am no professional by any means, but I've been safely sending lead downrange since I was old enough to hold a rifle. From what I have observed in your video, I have already accrued more experience with firearms than you ever will. You really should listen to what some of the others here are saying. They're right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The n00bs have spoken! Now lets hope they shut up now.
laugh.gif
</div></div> You value <span style="font-weight: bold">YOU'RE</span> post count too much. As if it means a damned thing! So you gonna call someone 50 years old with a post count of 3 who's been shooting since they where 10 a "n00b"? That's the type of attitude that gets you <span style="font-weight: bold">YOU'RE</span> ass kicked outside of the internet. You say <span style="font-weight: bold">YOU'RE</span> dad is the one who negligently discharged a shotgun right next to <span style="font-weight: bold">YOU'RE</span> ear? Well that would explain where you learned <span style="font-weight: bold">YOU'RE</span> lack of firearm safety. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree I guess.

Lets just say Masers Dad "negatively discharged" 9 months before Maser was born.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XARMOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lets just say Masers Dad "negatively discharged" 9 months before Maser was born. </div></div> LMFAO!!!!! That's right on the money!!!!
grin.gif

Why would anyone post a video of themselves stoned with a huge zit and the music louder than his voice? That's almost more stupid than the first video.

You were a man when you were thirteen? How are you defining man? Were you a man at thirteen and at some point before you were twenty you stopped being a man?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XARMOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lets just say <span style="font-weight: bold">Masers Dad</span> "negatively discharged" 9 months before Maser was born. </div></div>

Don't talk about Captain Kick Ass like that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The n00bs have spoken! Now lets hope they shut up now.
laugh.gif
</div></div>
Said the permanent n00b.