• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

You are far too mean, and by You, I mean Me

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Apparently I am very bad, mean is a word "some" out there are throwing around. I wouldn't say I was angry but they mentioned I might be getting a certain amount of glee from my bad attitude. That needs to be explored, is it just too entertain to troll someone ?

You sir, have an attitude problem and Dan, is gonna bring me down.

Had I known about the all the bad reviews online regarding my behavior I might have been apt to correct it, but really, it's too late now, I am set in my ways. too old, too tired, too full of not giving a shit.

The question becomes, when someone pops into SH and steps on their Dick right out of the gate, should we continue to mock and ridicule, or should we attempt to pick them up, brush them, and help them on their way?

That is really the questions, at what point does stepping on dick go too far, the point of ripping it off... well in a normal conversation I would it's pretty far down the line. In a public gun community that line I feel is a lot closer. Does the question even matter ...

is it being mean, or not suffering fools ?

These are the questions for today, as Dan is very upset he was banned, and will be going out of his way to make sure nobody ever uses SH again.

The End,

In order to prove you are not mean you will need to pack up one of your tac ops rifles and send to me. I will forward the FFL information in a PM. Once received will let everyone know just how nice your are.

No need to thank me in public. It's the least I can do for the way you moderate the site and the informations it provides.

None of it matters.

Anyone who comes to a shooting forum has an agenda. Some come to learn, some come to shop, and some come to troll.

Nothing said or done imo will change whether someone stays or goes.

In order to prove you are not mean you will need to pack up one of your tac ops rifles and send to me. I will forward the FFL information in a PM. Once received will let everyone know just how nice your are.

No need to thank me in public. It's the least I can do for the way you moderate the site and the informations it provides.

Sure I have one coming super soon, will be ready to ship, maybe this week, it's Mike so that could mean January 2022, but just call him up, and tell him where to ship it

if you cant handle people being "mean" to you on the internet...you are too big of a pussy to function in normal life.

internet people can be made to disappear instantly by shutting your computer...then poof! you never have to see or hear from them again...

im mean to most people online...if you dont run away crying like a bitch about it, then we can continue our conversation because you obviously have some semblance of a spine...but if you are blabbering like a baby-backed bitch, then your opinion doesnt really mean all that much to me anyways.

I train in Brazilian jiu jitsu. If you train long enough, you eventually come across the guy that is brand new to class, but thinks he’s just gods gift. If you smash him too much, he won’t come back. If you go too easy on him, he goes away bragging bout how he submitted the high belts in class. Whatever are you to do? I’ve taken the track that I saw on the Chewjitsu YouTube channel. I forget what he calls it, but it is essentially “smash and submit the new guy as fast and hard as possible 3 times. Then, help him out.“ You set the tone as “yes, I can fuck you up in many ways, but that is not what this class is about.”

Given the above, I say you give them the opportunity to be part of the community, but if they come in swinging- light ’em up...

Part of the thing is, I write fast and over the years I stopped looking at it, analyzing it, and then crafting a response, now I just write and get it over with, I want the quickest response possible in the shortest amount of time

So my "tone" comes off very abrupt and short, because I am not crafting my response like I would have in the past.

It's a bit of impatience with the site over the years, you see this stuff on repeat for this many years you eventually get sick of spelling it all out

I could be nicer to newer idiots, hold them by the hand and guide them. I have, but like said above, helping the ignorant is one thing, helping an idiot is another. I tend to come to those conclusions pretty fast, maybe too fast,

The question for me is, have I set the tone in a negative way by tell one too many to publicly fuck off ?

I do get grouchy that is a fact,

Mainly from reading the same shit over and over, having a pretty decent memory for this stuff is the problem, I remember it, why do you, and why do I have to repeat myself

Really that has become part of the problem with a lot of the stuff I do online, I am totally tired of repeating myself and that makes me grouchy

Add this thread to the stickies and "required reading".

Anyone worth helping will gain some insight as far as the constant onslaught of asshattery or new folks that believe that they're the first to have ever thought of anything, or to have ever had their feelings hurt on the internet.

ETA: They might come to understand that folks just get tired , and have limits to what they can endure without lashing out

People who resort to saying “you’re mean” usually have a single digit IQ and neglected to draw their backbone from stores. The problem with technology these days is that it’s far too accessible and easy to use, thus we have to put up with far more idiots now than back in the days of dial up.

Reactions: Ricker
    I guess yer our kinda mean. Either you’re one of us or...

It's really a volume thing, we have so many new people coming and going, with our stats at an all time high.

With that volume you get the Hurt feelings, the unsure, Even the Don't belong, you have no business with a firearm crowd, so you have to expect X - % of micro drama

If we have 100,000 come through, you have 10 issues in a month, when you have a million come through you have 1000 issues that creep up

Reactions: krw
    The question for me is, have I set the tone in a negative way by tell one too many to publicly fuck off ?
    Ok, Frank.....please remember YOU asked.

In a recent thread you chided (well, threatened to ban, I think LOL) some members for always jumping on and stomping new/less expert members. I think you said something like it was one thing to be the 12th guy jumping in on a train wreck of a thread and another if you are always the first guy to do it.

IMO, it is a fact is that the tone and behavior of any group of people is set by the leader.

You are the leader here.

'nough said by me, I think

tenor.gif

Well, just contemplate your signature quote once in a while. :p
    This is funny. I have been away for awhile, and have recently returned. I remember his sig quote. I can't see it at the moment so I don't know if it's no longer displayed or I have to change some settings.

Point is that I can't believe I remember that, and didn't until you brought it up.

I train in Brazilian jiu jitsu. If you train long enough, you eventually come across the guy that is brand new to class, but thinks he’s just gods gift. If you smash him too much, he won’t come back. If you go too easy on him, he goes away bragging bout how he submitted the high belts in class. Whatever are you to do? I’ve taken the track that I saw on the Chewjitsu YouTube channel. I forget what he calls it, but it is essentially “smash and submit the new guy as fast and hard as possible 3 times. Then, help him out.“ You set the tone as “yes, I can fuck you up in many ways, but that is not what this class is about.”

Given the above, I say you give them the opportunity to be part of the community, but if they come in swinging- light ’em up...

The karate school my kids go to has BJJ on Friday, my eight year old loves It, but my 10 year old prefers to fight on his feet. Any how we ended up watching most of Chewys YouTube's together. He has a good way of explaining things.

"Dan" happen to be the guy who wanted to buy two cases of Prime 6.5 in 170 grain? LOL

I remember that idiot now. He thought one of us should break into our personal stash, because he signed up for a course he had no ammo to take.

Last edited:
    I was gonna say your not mean, it’s just your napoleon complex.. then I realized if you ban me then I won’t be able to buy 50bmg ammo either.

I’d have to have money first though.
    Please don’t ban me.
    I may get a a 50 yet

i tell people i work with to expect me to be an asshole and not to take it personally.

i don't like repeating myself either, so when a project manager asks me for some technical details (for example), instead of just answering, i will reply without comment, attaching a previously provided document or email with those details.
    if am feeling particularly puckered, i might send them several prior emails with the same details and give them a chance to choose which one to actually read for the first time.

giphy.gif

I love it here. Thanks for our home. The tone is that you shouldn't bring bullshit here. If you do you get called on it. Big boy house, big boy rules. Life is hard and harder if you're stupid and can't follow house rules.

LL, you're the best cat Wrangler I've seen.

I follow the ABBAB acronym, as a life principle:

Always Be Berating and Belittling

Last edited:
    Apparently I am very bad, mean is a word "some" out there are throwing around. I wouldn't say I was angry but they mentioned I might be getting a certain amount of glee from my bad attitude. That needs to be explored, is it just too entertain to troll someone ?

You sir, have an attitude problem and Dan, is gonna bring me down.

Had I known about the all the bad reviews online regarding my behavior I might have been apt to correct it, but really, it's too late now, I am set in my ways. too old, too tired, too full of not giving a shit.

The question becomes, when someone pops into SH and steps on their Dick right out of the gate, should we continue to mock and ridicule, or should we attempt to pick them up, brush them, and help them on their way?

That is really the questions, at what point does stepping on dick go too far, the point of ripping it off... well in a normal conversation I would it's pretty far down the line. In a public gun community that line I feel is a lot closer. Does the question even matter ...

is it being mean, or not suffering fools ?

These are the questions for today, as Dan is very upset he was banned, and will be going out of his way to make sure nobody ever uses SH again.

The End,

----------
    ----------

There are things called LOLcows on the Interwebz... People like Chris Chan, Lucas Werner, or everybody's most hated creep, Onion Boy, AKA "Koreaboo", AKA Onision...

You don't just clown and ridicule LOLcows, you troll them into producing more LOL content for everybody's amusement... Especially the real pugnacious and confrontational ones like the one who posted the "Lowlight can suck my cock" thread last year. If a Navy SEALS wannabe mall ninja/ancient ways death squad member joins up and start spouting about how he done this and that and killed 40 spetznaz operatives with a pistol crossbow or some shit like that, we need to "know more", A LOT more, and not just his BUDS class number........ Reading the Paparock thread, I think he had been culled a bit too fast. It felt like a bunch of centerfire rifle guys invaded the woods in the middle of bow season while the bow guys are trying to make a campfire and buckskins docudrama complete with dulcimer melodies...

anim_lol.gif

Having ran a BBS back in the day and a forum in the early days, I have found that you can't please everyone. Sometimes it would seem that you can't please anyone. I always used the 3 strike rule. One warning, second warning, then banned. HOWEVER, there would inevitably be that one guy, with his first post I knew he'd be trouble. Banned.

Being a mod is a thankless job. You try to be as nice as you can, but then somebody tries to exercise some perceived super smug attitude or tries to dazzle you with their brilliance.

With today environment, I don't know how the mods do it without banning dozens at a time. I wouldn't want that job!