• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

You are far too mean, and by You, I mean Me

----------
The question becomes, when someone pops into SH and steps on their Dick right out of the gate, should we continue to mock and ridicule, or should we attempt to pick them up, brush them, and help them on their way?
----------

There are things called LOLcows on the Interwebz... People like Chris Chan, Lucas Werner, or everybody's most hated creep, Onion Boy, AKA "Koreaboo", AKA Onision...

You don't just clown and ridicule LOLcows, you troll them into producing more LOL content for everybody's amusement... Especially the real pugnacious and confrontational ones like the one who posted the "Lowlight can suck my cock" thread last year. If a Navy SEALS wannabe mall ninja/ancient ways death squad member joins up and start spouting about how he done this and that and killed 40 spetznaz operatives with a pistol crossbow or some shit like that, we need to "know more", A LOT more, and not just his BUDS class number........ Reading the Paparock thread, I think he had been culled a bit too fast. It felt like a bunch of centerfire rifle guys invaded the woods in the middle of bow season while the bow guys are trying to make a campfire and buckskins docudrama complete with dulcimer melodies...

anim_lol.gif

This forum is full of a bunch of mean girls. Maybe if they weren't such dumbasses, they could hurt feelings too.

Reactions: deersniper
Here i thought it was half the fun watching someone stumble fuck there way out of the gate to get mocked. To me thats the best way to learn

----------
The question becomes, when someone pops into SH and steps on their Dick right out of the gate, should we continue to mock and ridicule, or should we attempt to pick them up, brush them, and help them on their way?
----------

There are things called LOLcows on the Interwebz... People like Chris Chan, Lucas Werner, or everybody's most hated creep, Onion Boy, AKA "Koreaboo", AKA Onision...

You don't just clown and ridicule LOLcows, you troll them into producing more LOL content for everybody's amusement... Especially the real pugnacious and confrontational ones like the one who posted the "Lowlight can suck my cock" thread last year. If a Navy SEALS wannabe mall ninja/ancient ways death squad member joins up and start spouting about how he done this and that and killed 40 spetznaz operatives with a pistol crossbow or some shit like that, we need to "know more", A LOT more, and not just his BUDS class number........ Reading the Paparock thread, I think he had been culled a bit too fast. It felt like a bunch of centerfire rifle guys invaded the woods in the middle of bow season while the bow guys are trying to make a campfire and buckskins docudrama complete with dulcimer melodies...

anim_lol.gif
I once killed a dulcimer in a terrible passion and now its family is out to get me.

• Haha
Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Even if the offender is "first post new" usually they don't get destroyed immediately. Some charitable soul here will realize they just want validation or are just plain ignorant and will direct them to the search function for education. BUT, as soon as they start calling out the lets say, less compassionate, members the popcorn is cooking, train tracks are twisting and the dumpsters are smoking. Sucks to be them.

Reactions: Familydude
I volunteered to help with our neighborhood online classifieds. Holy shit what a dumpster fire. Thatā€™s a very small microcosm vs what you deal with but I get it. Having said that I have noticed you getting short with seemingly random people with random gun/scope questions....stuff I wouldā€™ve let the peanut gallery answer. It was was one of those ā€œdamn dude chill outā€ moments.

Iā€™m not so sure if Iā€™m on board with the you gotta wear big boy pants if you join a gun forum idea. Obviously the Pit is the exception but I would imagine that would turn off a lot of new shooters and they would go elsewhere..... but with the volumes you are getting that doesnā€™t seem to be a problem. Maybe I would just stick with giving advice in the paid training area and leave the rest to ā€œusā€.

For me itā€™s the pushback

Donā€™t try to suck up after you got disciplined, I hate fake ass kissers really all ass kissing is fake

then the argument pushback, I was just, gone, but, but, gone

if someone gets a minor tax and just takes it like a man or gives me the ā€œgot itā€ itā€™s done and I move on. I donā€™t take the disciplining of an account personal until they make it. By that they usually feel it was personal in the first place is why they argue back, once that happens I am done

Reactions: 1moaoff
If you see a ā€œrandomā€ push, they raised their hand, you might not have seen it, but usually itā€™s part of something else.

I donā€™t notice the small stuff to push back on, itā€™s often more than one thing others might not see

I dont single people out they always raise their hand in some way, it might be as simple as them arguing with the solid advice being given. Then it would appear random but itā€™s never that

Reactions: Spooky68
I donā€™t go hunting, itā€™s usually presented to me by a member, or I saw it in some way.

it might be a case too where they were spoken to prior and they are repeating the issue. So itā€™s easy to miss things I might see the rest wonā€™t.

But that works the other way too, I miss a ton.

It's really a volume thing, we have so many new people coming and going, with our stats at an all time high.

With that volume you get the Hurt feelings, the unsure, Even the Don't belong, you have no business with a firearm crowd, so you have to expect X - % of micro drama

If we have 100,000 come through, you have 10 issues in a month, when you have a million come through you have 1000 issues that creep up

Make it a pay option in able to file complaints , Hurt Feelings $50.00 , Kicked in the Dick $75.00 and Swollen Vagina $100.00. You either cut down on complaints or make a ton of money. Fees are for a single response from the site.

Reactions: Hattrick
Back to serious

Is a gun forum really a place that promotes the lifestyle? Do people that frequently visit forums actually change or alter their behavior?

I have approached people in my workplace who are not comfortable with firearms and offered to take them shooting , no judgement etc, just to expose them yada yada. I have not yet been taken up on the offer. I offer because I believe it's the best practice and all, but the day I actually have an effect I'll be over the moon.

I have been helpful in my opinion to people who have already decided that this lifestyle is for them, but don't have the benefit of a history with a father who pounded in the rules of respect and firearm safety. People who have decided to ccw who are hung up on caliber or brand etc.

My point is, anyone who is going to stay will stay. Anyone who is going to go off crying like a bitch was going to do it anyway, and likely lives their life this way. I wouldn't lose sleep

I come here (recently returned) because the topics are interesting to me, the political views are similar to mine ( that eases stress levels to be around like minded people) and the humor is good enough to make me laugh and often times cringe.

Back to serious

Is a gun forum really a place that promotes the lifestyle? Do people that frequently visit forums actually change or alter their behavior?

I have approached people in my workplace who are not comfortable with firearms and offered to take them shooting , no judgement etc, just to expose them yada yada. I have not yet been taken up on the offer. I offer because I believe it's the best practice and all, but the day I actually have an effect I'll be over the moon.

I come here (recently returned) because the topics are interesting to me, the political views are similar to mine ( that eases stress levels to be around like minded people) and the humor is good enough to make me laugh and often times cringe.
Pretty much the same. I will add that get all giggly watching people here turn the Budlyā€™s into meat tendrils. Not necessarily because Iā€™m a dick, but dealing with people at work fucking up cars just like Frank deals with guns.

Customer.... but I read this on the car forums.... Me.... then fuck off and quit wasting my time and have the internet fix your car!! Not saying that about here, cause there are legitimate online sources, but you know what I mean.

Honestly I donā€™t know whatā€™s worse for in breading of false information, cars or guns.

Reactions: Drew M
I think we need sniper hide Tampons. One gets added under the rank and badge on the user name for each Offense. Lol

Reactions: 1skrewsloose
Part of the thing is, I write fast and over the years I stopped looking at it, analyzing it, and then crafting a response, now I just write and get it over with, I want the quickest response possible in the shortest amount of time

So my "tone" comes off very abrupt and short, because I am not crafting my response like I would have in the past.

It's a bit of impatience with the site over the years, you see this stuff on repeat for this many years you eventually get sick of spelling it all out

I could be nicer to newer idiots, hold them by the hand and guide them. I have, but like said above, helping the ignorant is one thing, helping an idiot is another. I tend to come to those conclusions pretty fast, maybe too fast,

The question for me is, have I set the tone in a negative way by tell one too many to publicly fuck off ?
Understandably so, you are an excellent, clear, and concise written communicator. IMO, a technical forum (shooting is a technical sport) feelings get checked at the door in the pursuit of knowledge. Personally I like your style.

I can tolerate ignorance, for it can be educated. It is the indifferent I refuse to suffer...

Thanks for all you and your support staff do Frank.

Frank, why do you have to be such a dummy face? Not cool bruh

Reactions: Lowlight
Apparently I am very bad, mean is a word "some" out there are throwing around. I wouldn't say I was angry but they mentioned I might be getting a certain amount of glee from my bad attitude. That needs to be explored, is it just too entertain to troll someone ?

You sir, have an attitude problem and Dan, is gonna bring me down.

Had I known about the all the bad reviews online regarding my behavior I might have been apt to correct it, but really, it's too late now, I am set in my ways. too old, too tired, too full of not giving a shit.

That is really the questions, at what point does stepping on dick go too far, the point of ripping it off... well in a normal conversation I would it's pretty far down the line. In a public gun community that line I feel is a lot closer. Does the question even matter ...

is it being mean, or not suffering fools ?

These are the questions for today, as Dan is very upset he was banned, and will be going out of his way to make sure nobody ever uses SH again.

The End,
Is this you? it's ok to be an angry little feller, I am short too!

AE6-E31-F1-47-F2-412-E-A6-D4-666-D7-C65-B223.jpeg

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpeg

In the 4WD/offroad world, the more difficult trails will often have a "guardian obstacle" that prohibits many vehicles from even starting the trail to keep them from getting really fucked farther up where it would be most difficult to extract them. This is done after trying to use warning signs. Trail sponsors have often gone and added these "guardian"obstacle on existing trails for the above mentioned reasons. It works and you're our guardian obstacle. Keeps those without the wherewithal out before they get in too deep. They'll be back with a new and better understanding. šŸ¤ 

Still in place, we have a woman working on the site now, so

No public pink

Im glad to see that rule in place. Its nice to have a place where you dont see it. Ive been wondering about ...Alex, the site has gotten smoother with her input.

As to your being mean...perhaps.

Crusty? Definitely.

Youre a fucking Marine. To be expected. šŸ˜‚ :whistle: :cool: šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø 'Murica'.

Reactions: TACC and Hattrick
Im glad to see that rule in place. Its nice to have a place where you dont see it. Ive been wondering about ...Alex, the site has gotten smoother with her input.

As to your being mean...perhaps.

Crusty? Definitely.

Youre a fucking Marine. To be expected. šŸ˜‚ :whistle: :cool: šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø 'Murica'.
Jesus jumped up fucking Christ, it was a fucking joke about mazerblades baby's momma.

like my father reminded me my freshman year of high school why the hell would I care what you think about my yelling its my house get the f out but only take what you paid for which at the time was practically nothing . Mean or nice has little to do with anything if you slobber while yelling that just adds to the ambiance of the moment . besides nice people are like quiet people who are hiding something loud yelling people usually just are trying to get something important through an extremely thick skull which mean they have to exert more force hence the mean effect . lol you could just be showing that you care too dam much ... as there is little reason to yell and anyone you don't give a crap about . Which goes with the whole you only hurt the people you love .

Reactions: Sandhog308
Part of the thing is, I write fast and over the years I stopped looking at it, analyzing it, and then crafting a response, now I just write and get it over with, I want the quickest response possible in the shortest amount of time

So my "tone" comes off very abrupt and short, because I am not crafting my response like I would have in the past.

It's a bit of impatience with the site over the years, you see this stuff on repeat for this many years you eventually get sick of spelling it all out

I could be nicer to newer idiots, hold them by the hand and guide them. I have, but like said above, helping the ignorant is one thing, helping an idiot is another. I tend to come to those conclusions pretty fast, maybe too fast,

The question for me is, have I set the tone in a negative way by tell one too many to publicly fuck off ?
I was raised, get with the program or get out! The only way to deal with an idiot is to call him out! Then, maybe he can change his ways trying to obtain wisdom. If he refuses change, he needs to get gone!

Reactions: cornhusker86