• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

You are far too mean, and by You, I mean Me

Hell, you all have been bullying and being mean to me since 2006! Bullies!!!! 😭
1610901525308.png

WRONG. It is disrupting the community and they should leave on their own or be banned.
I like to think it brings us all closer together 😚. By Fuck’em, yeah I agree, banning is a satisfactory outcome. We can’t assume they’ll leave on their own.

It's really a volume thing, we have so many new people coming and going, with our stats at an all time high.

With that volume you get the Hurt feelings, the unsure, Even the Don't belong, you have no business with a firearm crowd, so you have to expect X - % of micro drama

If we have 100,000 come through, you have 10 issues in a month, when you have a million come through you have 1000 issues that creep up
Just like high school football tryouts. You either make the team or you don't. coach ain't got time to stroke your ego and pat you on the head if you didn't make the cut.

There should probably be more shooting... on the shooting site.

Frankly I hear nothing but excuses when I'm on the phone with people these days. I tell them to get behind a rifle and work something out, and they tell me they can't get to the range. The "range!?!?" Maybe stop being a suburban house wife and move out to where you can shoot every single day without leaving home. If you don't want to do that, then stop arguing on the internet about shit you don't know as a result of not getting enough trigger time. You don't get to have answers about shooting without actually shooting. Get it through your heads.

Oh blow me

This site has a ton of shooting discussions, that is a pathetic statement
Yeah... and the people you're referring to that say you're mean are the same people that get pissed off when they are told they are wrong due to not having enough experience. If they shot more, they wouldn't be so damn ignorant and there'd be less to argue about.

I guess I don't get to agree with you without you being mean to me. lol.

Shit, maybe you are too mean after all.

The guy was mad because he NEEDED 50 cal ammo so he could shoot lol

clearly the only reason he wasn’t shooting is because we didn’t point him towards our secret 50 stash

hence shooting site

If you come to the Hide and don't know Frank has a low tolerance for bullshit why are you on the Hide?

I've been told to fuck off before. I'll be told again, I'm sure. Life goes on. :D

The guy was mad because he NEEDED 50 cal ammo so he could shoot lol

clearly the only reason he wasn’t shooting is because we didn’t point him towards our secret 50 stash

hence shooting site
If we were to give up all our secret 50 stashes what would we shoot?

Sheeiiiit. Could have asked me

I’ve been passing the secret stashed around for years. This place had hella cheap 9mm hp police trade in ammo a year ago.

Like when I posted those $300 ARs and 10 PMAG plus 1000 rounds Hornady for $350 deals.

No one cared
Recoil is about 25 minutes from my house...sent them an email and asked if I could pick an order up instead of paying $30 to have it shipped..."we don't have a storefront".

MFers!

On Thursday I pointed my brother, who was in "need" of 9mm, to Recoil which had 500rd 115gr FMJ 9mm for $350. One day later, it was $400.

But I guess they have some available if you're willing to pay, and that's how the supply/demand curve works...

Reactions: deersniper
Not right to attack them- let them post in a stupid question/basic or beginners thread. We all asked that question at some point or did you come out the womb knowing the difference and pro's and con's of each?
I disagree. Many use the search function and readily find answers to the questions they seek. I read on this forum for months before even joining and I bet lots of others did too.
What I will say is the noticeable difference between now and 13 years ago when I joined is the complainers. They have zero tolerance for being challenged to do any work to find information. And likely that isn't even true, but rather the much larger sample size of people creates more examples of it. The redundant beginner threads used to have reply's from the regular helpers in which they would copy/paste their responses from previous threads asking for the same information with a suggestion to use the search function. I imagine that set an example for those reading to do the same. I don't see that anymore. Those helpers are understandably exhausted and no longer respond at all.

Reactions: KipM and jymbeux
Frank is thinking about letting me be a MOD when I retire in a few years ( If I even retire ) so I can ban a few fuck heads on here lol

Mike R.

But your bans would be too surgical.

More better if Frank gets someone that values "dispersion" so the guy left and right of the violator gets taken out too.

I don't understand why so many people are banned here. On another site I frequent(college football) you are typically banned for posting naked woman. Its the out in a blaze of glory thing. What is said and done there Frank would lose his shit. The angry and dumb are simply ignored. I have a philosophy when dealing with angry people. It has much to do with God not creating us equal. Little willy syndrome. I honestly feel sorry for them. It turns people into assholes. Two critical statements work wonders. Bless your heart princess and quit being a whiny bitch has worked 100% of the time. Simple psychology for the people with little disabilities.

I wouldn’t let @deersniper cut my lawn and I live in the city with about about 3 passes worth , 8 minutes and you pouring a glass.

Deersniper a mod, LOL if anything you need to do my laundry I spit coffee out my nose.

Mazerblade would be a better mod
Did you get the picture of mazerblades baby's momma? Asking for someone.

Frank's never put mean to me (yet). Some have tried, but if you don't have thick skin, you probably shouldn't have a gun to begin with. I'm here to learn, and no need to try to show that testosterone equates to intelligence or vice versa.

Having ran a BBS back in the day and a forum in the early days, I have found that you can't please everyone. Sometimes it would seem that you can't please anyone. I always used the 3 strike rule. One warning, second warning, then banned. HOWEVER, there would inevitably be that one guy, with his first post I knew he'd be trouble. Banned.

Being a mod is a thankless job. You try to be as nice as you can, but then somebody tries to exercise some perceived super smug attitude or tries to dazzle you with their brilliance.

With today environment, I don't know how the mods do it without banning dozens at a time. I wouldn't want that job!
Way back in the computer bulletin board days (I’m dating myself), the dynamic of every discussion was reasonable exchange of ideas followed by a descent into anger and name calling then the moderator would end the thread.

The more thing change …

Do not suffer fools gladly, but be kind to newcomers and those just trying to learn.

Shame all the mods don’t moderate that way.

Especially the pig headed narcissists

Meh, I’m bored. So might as well respond to this.

There are zero things taken personally. You are a screen name on a forum to everyone except people who know you personally (this is the same for all of us).

The screen name deer sniper happens to post some pretty sexist, borderline racist, and definitely anti-LE shit with stunning regularity. So that screen name constantly gets hammered and banned.

Reactions: S12A

There are zero things taken personally. You are a screen name on a forum to everyone except people who know you personally (this is the same for all of us).

The screen name deer sniper happens to post some pretty sexist, borderline racist, and definitely anti-LE shit with stunning regularity. So that screen name constantly gets hammered and banned.
Storm’s a brewin’...

Oh bullshit on you not taking things personally and me posting racist things. Correct on some points but I only post truth. Some of it gets peoples panties in a wad.

Your attitude in tech forums is what should be banned. We should take a poll. Call out your tech bs then you get banned. Not just me either

Pig headed narcissist

Last edited:
@lowlight

You gotta step up your game and be like the M4carbine.net guys before even considering yourself mean. I can be thin skinned, but man they pissed off more than a few thick skinned experts with their shenanigans.

For every loud mouthed a-hole there are 1000 silent readers. The a-hole always gets attention. Its kinda their way.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Frankly, I'm getting pissed off...LL you aren't banning enough. There are some shit-starters here that are doing so just to be shit-starters and haven't contributed anything meaningful to discussion other than pissing people off...they need to be banned and just run off to arf.com and quite frankly those people know who they are and should just ban themselves. If you have issues with more than one person chances are YOU are the problem.

I believe he said some time ago that he can't read everything and he depends on us to report these snowflakes and trouble makers. I don't know if anyone is doing that. Maybe we need to help cleanup the Hide.